• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Advance Map Changes aren’t appearing in game

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2020
    Hello, I edited route 111 in Pokémon Emerald, and the map changes aren't showing up in the game. The event changes are fine, but the map is still the original. I have NPC's walking through houses in game that aren't there in Advance Map. Anybody know why this might be happening? My game isn't breaking and I made sure to close my emulator and open the rom fresh, but it's still not changing the scenario. My fear is that maybe it's doing this thing where I'm editing the map after a certain flag is set? Kind of like how the map changes when Groudon is in the area? But I don't know how I would have accidentally done that. Any and all help would be wonderful! Thank you in advance!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, I edited route 111 in Pokémon Emerald, and the map changes aren't showing up in the game. The event changes are fine, but the map is still the original. I have NPC's walking through houses in game that aren't there in Advance Map. Anybody know why this might be happening? My game isn't breaking and I made sure to close my emulator and open the rom fresh, but it's still not changing the scenario. My fear is that maybe it's doing this thing where I'm editing the map after a certain flag is set? Kind of like how the map changes when Groudon is in the area? But I don't know how I would have accidentally done that. Any and all help would be wonderful! Thank you in advance!

It has to do with the map footer that is set to 0x188 in the type 03 level script when flag 0x14E has not been set yet. That changes all the tiles that are loaded.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2020
    It has to do with the map footer that is set to 0x188 in the type 03 level script when flag 0x14E has not been set yet. That changes all the tiles that are loaded.
    At the risk of sounding like a complete noob at this stuff, how do I fix this? If I'm way in over my head with this problem, you can let me know now. I don't want to ask too much from a complete stranger and have you type out a full tutorial for me. I just want this part of the map to always look this way, and it shouldn't affect any other map changing scripts at all. I assume this might have something to do with the Desert Ruins where Regirock is stored or the Mirage Tower. Because both of those are map changes that happen throughout the game.

Years
  • I would like to add that if you are booting up a save game after map editing, it won't work due to the stored ram values being different on the save file than the rom values in the actual hack. If you start a new game or possibly save on a different map and walk to the edited map after loading it should work. Hope that helps...

Back