• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mid-Hard Poke Rom Hacks

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2023
    Hey friends,
    i extra created an account to ask this questions, i've been looking for a long time and still did not found exactly what i was looking for.

Are there some .gbc Pokemon Romhacks which are quite like the original games but a bit harder. Just to make it clear, i was playing blue, crystal and emerald as kaizo games, but without safe states there were impossible to beat for me. But the usual poke games are way too easy. So what i'm looking for is something inbetween, so hard games, but not as super hardcore and almost unfair as the kaizo games.

I played as well rom hacks as crystal clear and prism which i enjoyed a lot.
    As well i'm looking forward to play pokemon coral, but probqbly i will just wait a bit more so the game is more eveloped and fixed.

Greetz

Years
    • Seen today
    Polished Crystal seems perfect for what you're looking for:
    https://github.com/Rangi42/polishedcrystal/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta-nightly

It's harder than the official games, but it isn't an absurdly hard or unfair hack.

Note that it has two variants. Regular Polished Crystal changes some Pokémon's types, stats and learnsets. So if you don't want that kind of changes just get the latest faithful build instead.

This is the Pokécommunity thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=373172 but it has the 2.2 version, so you should get the much more updated release (3.0) from the git link instead.

Make sure to pay attention to the options at the beginning of the game because you can customize a lot of the experience to your liking. P/S Split, Abilities, and Natures can be enabled, or not if you prefer a more faithful Gen 2 experience. You can also enable "Perfect Stats" if you don't want to worry about your Pokémon having bad IVs.

Back