• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Energized Emerald - Global release

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokemon Energized Emerald is a revamp of Pokemon Emerald that offers an enhanced and expanded experience in gameplay, story and graphics whilst keeping with the themes of the original game. My changes aim to make the game more fun yet also providing a good fair challenge. It's intended to make an ultimate Pokemon Emerald experience.

The biggest gameplay change in Energized Emerald is that Pokemon can now have up to 3 abilities working at once, creating more dynamic and strategic battles. Players will have to consider more mechanics bouncing about in battles than in regular Pokemon games and will also find that game balance has shifted, as many Pokemon have strongly benefitted (or not) from the multiple ability change. Some Pokemon gain abilities they didn't have before, like Gulpin who now has Corrosion, which also by the way is upgraded to now make Poison moves be super effective against Steel types! New abilities and moves have also been added to further improve on Pokemon themes and battle performance, Whismur does more damage with sound based moves with its new Volume Up ability and Gardevoir can use the new move Singularity to protect with black holes!
    Outside of battles are many quality of life improvements. HMs are no longer required to teach to Pokemon to traverse obstacles, only the badge and a compatible Pokemon is required. Grinding has been significantly reduced with things like stronger vitamins, an IV buffing service and buyable Rare Candies (for the post game), so making that perfect team takes much less time.
    See the lists below for more extensive details of gameplay additions and updates.

The story has been revised with more ORAS elements, and it also continues after beating the Pokemon League with a brand new story! The overworld has been updated so players will see more bustling urban areas, more labyrinthian dungeons and also brand new areas containing Pokemon not found in the wild in vanilla Emerald which is tied to the post game story. All gen 1-3 Pokemon and their future evolutions and pre-evolutions are available in this game, for a total of 419 Pokemon. There are also 26 regional forms available, and some of them are accessible before post-game!

This is a rom hack of Pokemon Emerald using the pokeemerald-expansion decompilation project as its base: https://github.com/rh-hideout/pokeemerald-expansion.
    The rom hack started in December 2021, using the version of pokeemerald-expansion at the time. Most updates to pokeemerald-expansion since then have been implemented in Energized Emerald. The game will continue to be updated to add or improve features and fix bugs.

Download the patch for V1.0.22 here!
    Use the ROM patcher to patch it with a Pokemon Emerald ROM (ideally a Pokemon Emerald Trashman ROM).

NOTE FOR CURRENT PLAYERS: The V1.0.5 update changes the name of the ROM. If you have played a previous version of Energized Emerald, you will probably need to change the name of your save file to continue using it from pokeemerald.sav to EnergizedEmerald.sav.

QLM7Lwq.gif
    ifF2FZQ.gif
    e6hC61j.gif

AgMs9V2.gif
    RlLoxcE.png
    hM3nDy9.gif

KKkSmPV.gif
    pCJPjAE.gif
    SSg9r9n.png

547RlUy.gif
    CfIEY5A.gif
    zydEooz.gif

Changelog
    Spoiler:

New Abilities
    Spoiler:

Updated Abilities
    Spoiler:

New Moves
    Spoiler:

Updated Moves
    Spoiler:

Possible Updates
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

I don't check here often, so if you have any urgent questions please visit the Energized Emerald Discord channel. A link can be found in the README.

Last edited:

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    i've played the two abilities per mon in exceeded emerald and it is an awesome new experiences when replaying emerald. i'm kind of curious about this one too, having three abilities per mon sounds as awesome and interesting. do you have any plans for update? to be added features that you would like to add on for example

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    A TrashMan patch has been added in the patch downloads link.

i've played the two abilities per mon in exceeded emerald and it is an awesome new experiences when replaying emerald. i'm kind of curious about this one too, having three abilities per mon sounds as awesome and interesting. do you have any plans for update? to be added features that you would like to add on for example

Yeah, I have a list of possible future updates. They were listed in the README but I'll add them to the post.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • It still says checksum mismatch with both patches. I'm 100% sure I'm using the Trashman rom as it's what I use in other Emerald hacks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It still says checksum mismatch with both patches. I'm 100% sure I'm using the Trashman rom as it's what I use in other Emerald hacks.

There are other links you can try in the Pokemon Energized Emerald Discord channel (link to the channel can be found in the README in the patch link)

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2023
    Tried multiple time to patch the rom (trashman emerald) but it keep saying "rom source checksum mismatch".

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    What's the point of letting the use megas at the very end of everything?

Megas weren't originally going to be in it, they were the very last feature that got added in before release. I wanted players to experiment with new stuff, not go back to what they know is OP. I later decided that after beating the game's challenges there wasn't much reason to hold Megas back and give players a new toy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Hello everyone, if it says checksum mismatch, just ignore it and apply patch, worked for me ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    What level does Mudkip evolve. Mine is at 20 and hasn't yet. Would be nice to include a evolution guide.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Btw, how can I evolve trade-only pokemons like graveler, there is some special metod, or just lvl up?
    And how to get starters from each gen?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Btw, how can I evolve trade-only pokemons like graveler, there is some special metod, or just lvl up?
    And how to get starters from each gen?

There is a tradeback service in Lilycove that lets you trade with yourself and trigger trade evolutions.

All of the starters are sold by the farmer in Oldale Farm. The Hoenn starters are available after beating the Pokemon league. The Kanto starters after beating the post game storyline. The Johto starters after completing the Hoenn dex.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokemon Energized Emerald V1.0.5 is now released!

READ ME BEFORE DOWNLOADING: This update changes the name of the ROM. If you have played a previous version of Energized Emerald, you will probably need to change the name of your save file to continue using it from pokeemerald.sav to EnergizedEmerald.sav.

patch download - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fzXk305X-zu8XJG5iSMmfQkolDlCqBjf?usp=share_link

Changelog:
    -Changed the name of the patch and ROM, to avoid confusion with other pokeemerald projects.
    -Implemented many pokeemerald-expansion bugfixes.
    -Implemented some more pokeemerald-expansion features from the past couple of months, such as Howl's gen 8 effect.
    -Fixed a bug where the player couldn't start the Aqua Weather Institute battle if they left the room and came back in.
    -Fixed collisions in the Oldale Farm house.

Edit: For those who are stuck due to not being able to start the Archie battle in the Weather Institute, there is a workaround that can be found in the releases channel of the Pokemon Energized Emerald Discord server. A link to the server can be found in the README in the patch download.

Last edited:
    Back