• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonEmeralds

Rookie ROM Hacker
Years
Actually, you can. In the bottom, where it says flag, enter the flag. Then compile. Now, open up your script in XSE and delete the line that says clearflag 0x_____. Now, compile it again. Then, go take that flag number and set it as the person I.D. In A-map.

The person won't disappear right away, but you won't be able to battle again. Look about 5 posts above to find out how to make it dissapear on the spot. Remeber, if you add to a poketronic script, you must repoint.
Okay cheers bro I'll keep that in mind :P

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Not working D:
The variable 0x5004 is just a variable I was using to keep track of gender btw. There were not problems with the script outside running shoe (everything would work in the order/way I wanted, but running shoes were never given). After the end of the script I tried it out and I just can't run :(

This is FireRed.

Spoiler:

Simple misspelling. It's FR_RUNNINGSHOES on XSE v.1.1.1, and just RUNNINGSHOES on XSE v.1.0.0.

karatekid552

Years
Have you made sure the B-button works?

Edit: I compiled your script exactly as is in PKSVUI only changing the setflag to 0x82F.
I also added a player that just clears 0x82F, to get rid of my running shoes, and sets the flag 0x2A for your script to run. After setting and clearing those flags. The origional script game me running shoes that work, however the @fine messages didn't run. I'll look into it more.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Have you made sure the B-button works?

Edit: I compiled your script exactly as is in PKSVUI only changing the setflag to 0x82F.
I also added a player that just clears 0x82F, to get rid of my running shoes, and sets the flag 0x2A for your script to run. After setting and clearing those flags. The origional script game me running shoes that work, however the @fine messages didn't run. I'll look into it more.

You need to setvar 0x5004 to 0x0 for female and 0x1 for male, should work then. I'm gonna try it on a clean rom and see what happens :P

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Now I can't work this Xse... For example this script won't do anything, it just freezes the game.

Spoiler:

Btw it's supposed to move the mother in emerald

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Now I can't work this Xse... For example this script won't do anything, it just freezes the game.

Spoiler:

For your Dynamic offset I'd start somewhere lower, maybe 740000? There's a good chunk of free space there. Though the problem is you're using a talk script and you've got a movesprite command in it? I assume you want applymovement not movesprite.

Try to just run a talk script without moving. If that works then learn the applymovement command (there's more information on command help in the help tab of XSE).

If you're really having trouble, PKSV has a neat script generator and I personally learned a lot of that from it (and decompiling ingame scripts).

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
For your Dynamic offset I'd start somewhere lower, maybe 740000? There's a good chunk of free space there. Though the problem is you're using a talk script and you've got a movesprite command in it? I assume you want applymovement not movesprite.

Try to just run a talk script without moving. If that works then learn the applymovement command (there's more information on command help in the help tab of XSE).

If you're really having trouble, PKSV has a neat script generator and I personally learned a lot of that from it (and decompiling ingame scripts).

No I'm trying to use movesprite because I want the mother to say that to the player...

Btw I just tried to use PKSVU and it came up with this... Game still freezes, nothing happens...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
You need to setvar 0x5004 to 0x0 for female and 0x1 for male, should work then. I'm gonna try it on a clean rom and see what happens :P

I did and vars always start off set to 0 anways. Why not just use the checkgender command, btw?

No I'm trying to use movesprite because I want the mother to say that to the player...

Btw I just tried to use PKSVU and it came up with this... Game still freezes, nothing happens...

Spoiler:

Flags in the 800's are often used by the game and may be set behind the scenes. Not always nest to use them. The flags in the 1000's are very good to use though.

In PKSVUI, have you tried changeing the 'preparemsgbox and waitmsgbox' to;

Msgbox @msg
Callstd MSG_NORMAL

?

I remember reading comething about the preparemsgbox command and I don't think it is your best choice. Also, it this a person script or an S-tile script? The more information we have, the better.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I did and vars always start off set to 0 anways. Why not just use the checkgender command, btw?

Flags in the 800's are often used by the game and may be set behind the scenes. Not always nest to use them. The flags in the 1000's are very good to use though.

Msgbox @msg
Callstd MSG_NORMAL

?

I remember reading comething about the preparemsgbox command and I don't think it is your best choice. Also, it this a person script or an S-tile script? The more information we have, the better.

Because I needed it for another script earlier :D
That's pretty wierd though, I'm getting all the @fine messages. I also know the running shoes flag i being set since I get the @GL message.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Cool, but I just remebered that the post was on the other help thread.

Just add this after the battle to make it dissapear:

fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0xsprite#
fadescreen 0x0
Remember to repoint.

Not sprite # but person event no. This might confuse some people to use the sprite # seen on A-map.

Spoiler:

Who in the world is person event no. 533???????? (that's 215 in hex) I'm pretty sure that's what is causing your game to freeze not the dynamic offset. Remember XSE does things in hex...

If you're trying to move the player it should be 0xFF (255 in dec) but I don't think that would be a good idea since the center of the screen would be off and you would be trapped in the game.

So if you're trying to do that just use a warp command and make a warp using A-map. Please do not change into PKSV keep on using XSE it's the best script editor for GBA Pokemon Games... :)

Spoiler:

? You already are checking if the flag 0x828 is already set (which is the pokemon menu) so why set it again?

Use another flag probably 0x200 if you haven't used that up.

Msgbox @msg
Callstd MSG_NORMAL

?

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

Do not use flags greater than 0x900 cause they will be overwriting with variables from 0x4000 and up and might be the cause of your game having bad eggs and such. And will also be the cause of already set variables which will be a hassle.

I recommend using flags from 0x200-0x2FF since those are used for stories in FR.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Not sprite # but person event no. This might confuse some people to use the sprite # seen on A-map.

Who in the world is person event no. 533???????? (that's 215 in hex) I'm pretty sure that's what is causing your game to freeze not the dynamic offset. Remember XSE does things in hex...

If you're trying to move the player it should be 0xFF (255 in dec) but I don't think that would be a good idea since the center of the screen would be off and you would be trapped in the game.

So if you're trying to do that just use a warp command and make a warp using A-map. Please do not change into PKSV keep on using XSE it's the best script editor for GBA Pokemon Games... :)

? You already are checking if the flag 0x828 is already set (which is the pokemon menu) so why set it again?

Use another flag probably 0x200 if you haven't used that up.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

Do not use flags greater than 0x900 cause they will be overwriting with variables from 0x4000 and up and might be the cause of your game having bad eggs and such. And will also be the cause of already set variables which will be a hassle.

I recommend using flags from 0x200-0x2FF since those are used for stories in FR.

ummm... If you're planning on leaving scripts that were already a part of the game, be carefull in the 200's, almost half of them are used:

Used flags in FR/LG from Diegoisawesome's tutorial:
Fire Red/Leaf Green:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I'm sorry about the whole 1000's thing, I have always used them and never had a problem. I could of sworn I saw them on a list of safe flags, that I can't conveniently find at the moment. The 900's are good though, right? They don't appear on any of the lists.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years

So ya i changed it, btw i'm trying to move the mother not the player and the game still freezes... Do I have to give the mother a person ID?

Spoiler:

karatekid552

Years
So ya i changed it, btw i'm trying to move the mother not the player and the game still freezes... Do I have to give the mother a person ID?

Spoiler:

The sprite number must match be the corresponding hex number for the decimal number placed in the person event number box (the one that you can change easily). The person I.D. Is used for showing an hiding ows based on a given flag.

butterflye

Dancing on the rainbow lane
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 24, 2014
It's var 0x800D, that is LASTRESULT. It's on line 10, you're checking the wrong var.

Corrected for your indication. Perhaps in a moment of anger, I throw the mouse out of the window, but it still doesn't work. Still no matter what I click, the game interprets as No. I really do not know what I'm doing wrong or what is the reason ;/ Maybe someone could check the operation of this script on his rom? Maybe it's the fault of my rom.
I would be grateful and obliged.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Corrected for your indication. Perhaps in a moment of anger, I throw the mouse out of the window, but it still doesn't work. Still no matter what I click, the game interprets as No. I really do not know what I'm doing wrong or what is the reason ;/ Maybe someone could check the operation of this script on his rom? Maybe it's the fault of my rom.

Spoiler:

Lol, LASTRESULT IS 0x800D! You want to compare it to 0x1 (which is programing for 'true' or 'yes', 'no' would be 0x0)

Vars are tough, just try not to abuse the mouse, it didn't do anything wrong:D.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years

Spoiler:

Well First of all you need to change the first part of your givepokemon to 0x178 (not 376) because xse works on hex's and second of all do you not want the person to be able to nickname the pokemon, and what karatekid said...

The sprite number must match be the corresponding hex number for the decimal number placed in the person event number box (the one that you can change easily). The person I.D. Is used for showing an hiding ows based on a given flag.

Ya i did the right hex number which is 215 that converts to whatever i said... it's also the mothers so I don't get why it's not working....

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Well First of all you need to change the first part of your givepokemon to 0x178 (not 376) because xse works on hex's and second of all do you not want the person to be able to nickname the pokemon, and what karatekid said...

Ya i did the right hex number which is 215 that converts to whatever i said... it's also the mothers so I don't get why it's not working....

Try pitting a fadescreen 0x0 before it and a fadescreen 0x1 after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back