The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Ruby [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8401    
Old July 22nd, 2013 (8:42 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by GorzToken.
GorzToken's Avatar
GorzToken GorzToken is offline
:^^^^^^^)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Location: Norway
    Gender:
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 9
    How do you evolve Electabuzz?
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #8402    
    Old July 22nd, 2013 (9:39 AM).
    greenking13's Avatar
    greenking13 greenking13 is offline
    LORD OF ZHERRY
       
      Join Date: Sep 2010
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 48
      Level to Lv. 40. Might drop a few levels when you evolve him.

      Also, small thing, when you are about to dive on victory road, it has the text in the original language. (Portuguese or Spanish?) It's only when you don't have dive on a pokemon, when you do, it's fine.
      __________________
      ­
      Pokémon Platinum Red
      Pokémon Platinum Blue
      Pokémon Platinum Red
      Pokémon Platinum Blue
      Pokémon Platinum Red
      Pokémon Platinum Blue
      Pokémon Platinum Red
      Pokémon Platinum Blue
      ­

      Reply With Quote
        #8403    
      Old July 23rd, 2013 (12:04 AM).
      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
      Memento Mori
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 14,530
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
      I'm not going to release it. Sorry if it came off like that. I'm just doing my own personal updates. I wouldn't release it without Wesley's permission. Besides, I don't think I could contact him, since he's very busy with real life.
      I see. Well... that's good.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
      Level to Lv. 40. Might drop a few levels when you evolve him.
      That ought to be fixed...

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
      Also, small thing, when you are about to dive on victory road, it has the text in the original language. (Portuguese or Spanish?) It's only when you don't have dive on a pokemon, when you do, it's fine.
      This also should be fixed... Are you sure you have the final version?
      __________________
      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
      Reply With Quote
        #8404    
      Old July 23rd, 2013 (3:11 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2013 by greenking13.
      greenking13's Avatar
      greenking13 greenking13 is offline
      LORD OF ZHERRY
         
        Join Date: Sep 2010
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 48
        I believe so, it is almost all in English. (Except for the mentioned section.)

        If not tell me, because some of the things I am about to say might have been fixed.

        There are berry trees just before entering Kosaka City and when you enter Kosaka on the very first tile, you can see the trees shift colors to a pink ish color.
        When you enter Kosaka City, follow the fence on the bottom and the second tile of the fence, you step on a grass spot.
        Keep following the fence and when you hit the second house, it will appear as if you are standing on the house.

        I will post pics, if I ever get to be able to. And find out how to copy the VBA screen.

        EDIT:

        http://imgur.com/a/ojb5T/all

        There we go. If I run into more errors, I will update and probably say I updated the album.

        Oh, and the trees stay like that, unless you continue into the town, if you go towards the trees, they stay like that.

        EDIT #2:

        I feel like an idiot. I thought that it was the final version, but it isn't. The way I double checked was by looking at the IPS fixes (What they fixed in the newest version) and noticed that growlithe could now learn Lava Surf, but when trying in my game, Growlithe cannot learn it. Suppose I'll have to start over... (After putting in 30+ hours too!)
        I'll edit when I have the newest version.

        Alright, I believe I got the right version this time. Also, adding one of the most obvious graphics glitch I've noticed so far to the album.
        Reply With Quote
          #8405    
        Old July 23rd, 2013 (4:08 AM).
        Monkeycraft Monkeycraft is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1
          You should add the tranformation ability to the zorua in esmerald city
          Reply With Quote
            #8406    
          Old July 23rd, 2013 (8:49 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2013 by wildex.
          wildex wildex is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2013
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Surge360 View Post
            Whenever i patch This rom to pokemon Ruby it says the file has been patched but when i open the file i patched in vba it is just a white screen. And i have downloaded the pokemon ruby rom form 2 different places

            I know exactly what you talk about, and even setting the 128 kb thing didn't work either, but finally I could do it; download the already patched game from here: pokemon-gba.wen.ru and keep in mind to have set the Emulator> save type> in flash 128 kb. Good luck man!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jradams11 View Post
            Ok, so Ive managed to get my hands on a working Portuguese version, which I downloaded as a pre-patched GBA, since none of my attempts to patch the file myself were successful, popping up that blank white screen as usual. Any way to find a similar English version, or get the one I have to run as English? So close!


            I know exactly what you talk about, and even setting the 128 kb thing didn't work either, but finally could do it, download the already patched game (ENG) from here: pokemon-gba.wen.ru and keep in mind to have set the Emulator> save type> in flash 128 kb. Good luck man!

            Also maybe video> render... > and select "open GL".
            Reply With Quote
              #8407    
            Old July 24th, 2013 (12:06 AM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
            Memento Mori
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,530
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Monkeycraft View Post
            You should add the tranformation ability to the zorua in esmerald city
            You know that cannot be implemented into 3rd generation ROM, right? ;)
            __________________
            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            Reply With Quote
              #8408    
            Old July 24th, 2013 (6:49 AM).
            greenking13's Avatar
            greenking13 greenking13 is offline
            LORD OF ZHERRY
               
              Join Date: Sep 2010
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 48
              Not to sound greedy (Or like a know it all) but couldn't there be a way to make a cosmetic form of ditto's transform. Possibly make it to where whenever engaged in a battle, Zorua checks for the pokemon in last place and it's cosmetic appearance shifts to match? (Tell me if I'm wrong, I actually am wondering if this is possible.)
              __________________
              ­
              Pokémon Platinum Red
              Pokémon Platinum Blue
              Pokémon Platinum Red
              Pokémon Platinum Blue
              Pokémon Platinum Red
              Pokémon Platinum Blue
              Pokémon Platinum Red
              Pokémon Platinum Blue
              ­

              Reply With Quote
                #8409    
              Old July 24th, 2013 (9:41 AM).
              Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
              Banned
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 1,082
                I heard that some people are working to fix bugs on this hack was a new version released or snakebytes final version is still the latest
                Reply With Quote
                  #8410    
                Old July 24th, 2013 (11:26 AM).
                Cyclone's Avatar
                Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                Eye of the Storm
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 3,373
                  Snakebyte's is still the latest. I got bit by Animal Crossing so vanished unexplained for a while. I'm still in there. I still intend to get minor fixes out.
                  __________________
                  "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                  Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                  Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

                  Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                  Reply With Quote
                    #8411    
                  Old July 24th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
                  SDJumpluff's Avatar
                  SDJumpluff SDJumpluff is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 5
                    Great game! Probably the best rom hack I've ever played. I'm on the second gym in the Lauren region and here's my team so far:

                    Snorlax lv. 63
                    Abomasnow lv. 64
                    Charizard lv. 65
                    Lucario lv. 66
                    Swampert lv:66
                    Electivre lv 70
                    Reply With Quote
                      #8412    
                    Old July 24th, 2013 (9:54 PM).
                    Erenussocrates Erenussocrates is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 40
                      Guys, I need help for stuff. I've joined here with hopes to solve this problem.
                      I downloaded the Light Platinum hack and got it work. But I can't heal my starter at the lab in Yellow City, and I tried any other way to heal for free, lookt every corner of the small town but found out that I cannot heal my pokemon without sacrificing either the MAX potion or the milk. Did I download the old version? And I don't know what "IPS" is. There were like two different kinds of downloadable files in site, one being normal VBA file and the other is this IPS file. Is that the fix? I need fast solution guys, I will be waiting, help would be much appreciated.


                      Edit: By googling it, I found out that IPS file is a some sort of patch something file, means that it is the fix. Now I need to know how I could use that file to fix the game? Will I just put it in the same folder as the VBA file?
                      Reply With Quote
                        #8413    
                      Old July 24th, 2013 (10:27 PM).
                      XeroNos's Avatar
                      XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2011
                        Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                        Age: 29
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 3,015
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Erenussocrates View Post
                        Guys, I need help for stuff. I've joined here with hopes to solve this problem.
                        I downloaded the Light Platinum hack and got it work. But I can't heal my starter at the lab in Yellow City, and I tried any other way to heal for free, lookt every corner of the small town but found out that I cannot heal my pokemon without sacrificing either the MAX potion or the milk. Did I download the old version? And I don't know what "IPS" is. There were like two different kinds of downloadable files in site, one being normal VBA file and the other is this IPS file. Is that the fix? I need fast solution guys, I will be waiting, help would be much appreciated.


                        Edit: By googling it, I found out that IPS file is a some sort of patch something file, means that it is the fix. Now I need to know how I could use that file to fix the game? Will I just put it in the same folder as the VBA file?
                        You should see a Nurse Joy in Yellow Town who heals your party. She is just before the first route.
                        No, IPS file is a patchable file which should be patched on a respective ROM.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #8414    
                        Old July 24th, 2013 (10:46 PM).
                        Erenussocrates Erenussocrates is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 40
                          If I could post URL right now, I would show you what I downloaded in order. (damn the regular stuff)
                          But in the version which I downloaded had no Nurse Joy in Yellow Town.
                          Firstly, I downloaded the english version of GBA from his official site. (wesleyfb.blablabla)
                          I fixed the white screen with the help of the video, got the game working.
                          Then I downloaded english version of the IPS file. And I don't know what to do with it right now. Could you just guide me throughoutly about how I could patch it? Because I'm pretty sure that I downloaded the old version.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #8415    
                          Old July 25th, 2013 (12:09 AM).
                          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                          Memento Mori
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2008
                          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 14,530
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Erenussocrates View Post
                          If I could post URL right now, I would show you what I downloaded in order. (damn the regular stuff)
                          But in the version which I downloaded had no Nurse Joy in Yellow Town.
                          Firstly, I downloaded the english version of GBA from his official site. (wesleyfb.blablabla)
                          I fixed the white screen with the help of the video, got the game working.
                          Then I downloaded english version of the IPS file. And I don't know what to do with it right now. Could you just guide me throughoutly about how I could patch it? Because I'm pretty sure that I downloaded the old version.
                          Yes, you downloaded the old version.
                          For patching, refer to the FAQ of ROM hacking section.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
                          Not to sound greedy (Or like a know it all) but couldn't there be a way to make a cosmetic form of ditto's transform. Possibly make it to where whenever engaged in a battle, Zorua checks for the pokemon in last place and it's cosmetic appearance shifts to match? (Tell me if I'm wrong, I actually am wondering if this is possible.)
                          Yeah... with brutal ASM routine that would first need to add one ability to prevent collision with Ditto's Transform and then rewrite MOVE into ability...
                          No one will want to do that...
                          __________________
                          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                          Reply With Quote
                            #8416    
                          Old July 25th, 2013 (1:17 AM).
                          greenking13's Avatar
                          greenking13 greenking13 is offline
                          LORD OF ZHERRY
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2010
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 48
                            Yeah, I didn't expect it to actually happen, was just wondering if it was even possible while using the gba platform.

                            Thanks for answering my question.
                            __________________
                            ­
                            Pokémon Platinum Red
                            Pokémon Platinum Blue
                            Pokémon Platinum Red
                            Pokémon Platinum Blue
                            Pokémon Platinum Red
                            Pokémon Platinum Blue
                            Pokémon Platinum Red
                            Pokémon Platinum Blue
                            ­

                            Reply With Quote
                              #8417    
                            Old July 25th, 2013 (11:10 PM).
                            kunzumixon kunzumixon is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2013
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 2
                              guys, i need some help...im using an emulator on my psp for gba, and im done with the first continent,when i got to the next one after beating the champ, on the second gym, the one thats using flying pokemons, i got stucked...

                              its so depressing thinking on restarting the game,coz i know that im so far in it...i've also tried using the walk through walls cheat,but it wont work, and thats the reason im wondrin if it works on npc guys too...

                              please help me...im stuck in the path with arrow signs directing you to ur landing place,and a trainer is blocking it,and theres no way i can get through...and i also dont have any back up files...please help me, im getting deppressed with this... :(((
                              Reply With Quote
                                #8418    
                              Old July 28th, 2013 (8:15 AM).
                              repyon repyon is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1
                                hello guys.. i want to ask about pokedex..
                                is it true the data from pokedex only from ruby? or the data can be patch to full pokedex? like no 1 is bulbasaur not treecko.. thx b4
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #8419    
                                Old July 28th, 2013 (10:22 AM).
                                Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                Memento Mori
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 14,530
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by repyon View Post
                                hello guys.. i want to ask about pokedex..
                                is it true the data from pokedex only from ruby? or the data can be patch to full pokedex? like no 1 is bulbasaur not treecko.. thx b4
                                I have no idea what you're asking but... if you are asking whether the Ruby Pokedex can be upgraded, then if I remember it can... sometimes... but yeah, you start with Ruby-like Pokedex.
                                __________________
                                ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #8420    
                                Old July 28th, 2013 (5:48 PM). Edited July 28th, 2013 by Rob Ketchum.
                                Rob Ketchum's Avatar
                                Rob Ketchum Rob Ketchum is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2013
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 7
                                  unfortunately, im in the same situation.
                                  i tried using the walk through walls code, but it does not seem to work.
                                  tried putting a space in between 2 and 5 as well like others have suggested, but nothing
                                  Dx
                                  (in regards to catching celibi)
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #8421    
                                  Old July 29th, 2013 (11:41 AM).
                                  jamespkmntrainer1's Avatar
                                  jamespkmntrainer1 jamespkmntrainer1 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2013
                                    Location: West Midlands
                                    Age: 31
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 15
                                    I'm playing this game right now I enjoy it!
                                    __________________
                                    Favourite Pokemon: Mawile
                                    Favourite starter Pokemon: Squirtle (Gen1) Cyndaquil (Gen2) Torchic/Mudkip (Gen3) Turtwig (Gen4) Tepig/Oshawott (Gen5)
                                    Pokemon Champion of Sinnoh and Unova
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #8422    
                                    Old July 30th, 2013 (6:30 AM).
                                    teloops teloops is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 1
                                      I downloaded the file "Light Platinum (English) Final.ips" from the link in Snakebyte's signature, on page 280 of this thread, but it is not in English. I play it and it appears to be in Portuguese. Is there a link to an English version?
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #8423    
                                      Old July 30th, 2013 (11:15 AM).
                                      simonrule18's Avatar
                                      simonrule18 simonrule18 is offline
                                      Iwant to create my own pokemon
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                                        Posts: 35
                                        hello guys is there any news about pokemon light platinum x?
                                        __________________
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #8424    
                                        Old July 30th, 2013 (10:12 PM). Edited July 30th, 2013 by XeroNos.
                                        XeroNos's Avatar
                                        XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2011
                                          Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                          Age: 29
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Brave
                                          Posts: 3,015
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by teloops View Post
                                          I downloaded the file "Light Platinum (English) Final.ips" from the link in Snakebyte's signature, on page 280 of this thread, but it is not in English. I play it and it appears to be in Portuguese. Is there a link to an English version?
                                          That is the final version. Although you were seeing the message of Professor Jasmine as Portugese , believe me the rest of the game is English translated

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by simonrule18 View Post
                                          hello guys is there any news about pokemon light platinum x?
                                          PM Sonic Blaze Platinum. He is the one who is working on it. Only he knows...
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #8425    
                                          Old July 31st, 2013 (7:04 AM).
                                          kunzumixon kunzumixon is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2013
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 2
                                            no one helped me about my concern... :'(
                                            Reply With Quote
                                            Reply

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:39 PM.