• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

So, what did you think of the beta so far?

• It was pretty awesome

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Unique, but it could be better

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Its just a normal hack your probably going to quit in the middle...

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • This hack is tasteless...

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I have no good or bad thoughts...

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Honestly it depends on what you do with the legendaries. Of course having a legendary as a starter means you would have to have slightly harder and more interesting gameplay. I have alot planned for this hack :D As for the grammar, fixing plausible mistakes now. Edit: Whoa, those are alot of errors *.*

What, having a Legendary as a starter DOES NOT mean you have slightly harder gameplay. It just won't work, as it will actually make the game quite easier, regardless.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
I like the ideas of this game, i recommend getting new tiles and pallets to make it look more nice, also the maps need some work. But overall i like this hack.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years

What, having a Legendary as a starter DOES NOT mean you have slightly harder gameplay. It just won't work, as it will actually make the game quite easier, regardless.

Now tell me, why won't this work? I assure you, it will not make the game any easier than your average pokemon game. Well those are bad to compare to because its nearly impossible to lose unless your terrible, had bad luck, in the battle frontier, or your fighting the elite four. I'm going to assume you haven't even played the beta yet.. So seriously, how would you know if its easy or not? >.> Maybe its just the fact that legendary as starter equals no no. I just happen to think other-wise...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Now tell me, why won't this work? I assure you, it will not make the game any easier than your average pokemon game. Well those are bad to compare to because its nearly impossible to lose unless your terrible, had bad luck, in the battle frontier, or your fighting the elite four. I'm going to assume you haven't even played the beta yet.. So seriously, how would you know if its easy or not? >.> Maybe its just the fact that legendary as starter equals no no. I just happen to think other-wise...

No, I haven't played the beta, but listen for a sec, people will take the legendary, and trust me, people make hard hacks have normal starters, as it makes them even harder. Legendaries make the game easier due to their stats being higher than other pokemon. If you edited this stat issue, then OK, it could work, but as they have high stats (and why most are Ubers), eventually the game will get easier. Name 3 successful well known hacks that had a Legendary Starter.

psychicboy

Years

No, I haven't played the beta, but listen for a sec, people will take the legendary, and trust me, people make hard hacks have normal starters, as it makes them even harder. Legendaries make the game easier due to their stats being higher than other pokemon. If you edited this stat issue, then OK, it could work, but as they have high stats (and why most are Ubers), eventually the game will get easier. Name 3 successful well known hacks that had a Legendary Starter.

I can't name any simply because I haven't seen any :P But something you said there has captured my attention... How would I go about changing base stats?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
There's another tool that edits stats... and it's called "Pokemon Editor Pro".
Yet Another Pokemon Editor (Yape) doesn't work for me for some reason...

Edit: But still, having a Legendary as a Starter Pokemon... just doesn't sound right.

Why don't let the Player catch their 1st Starter Pokemon themselves?
I think you should change the Dream's purpose.

Like, a Werid Woman asking you to protect the Legendary Beasts and stuff...
and not having them as starters... >.>

Last edited:

psychicboy

Years
Why not? ;)
It's something new what is added to hacking :)
And dogs or birds aren't so powerful so it isn't very big advantage ;)

Yay!! Finally something I wanna hear about having the legendaries as starteers :D I think it would fit well seeming as trios arent as powerful as the other legendaries.

Years
So this has been proven to be very fun so far, but i can't save it says something about exchanging the backup memory. I don't know if thats something i did wrong or whatever, Right now i am expoloring the world and i am liking the game

Last edited:

oliverl79

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2009
This whole list of consversations is one of the most intresting threads I have ever read lol, anyway it's an awesome hack I hope you don't give up and it goes really well, nice job!

psychicboy

Years
So this has been proven to be very fun so far, but i can't save it says something about exchanging the backup memory. I don't know if thats something i did wrong or whatever, Right now i am expoloring the world and i am liking the game

Lol to fix that, go to emulator and then go to save types. the type is flash and flash 512k. Thanks for the compliments guys... Your the reasons working on this hack will be worthwhile :D

Years
Now that i've gotten my save problem fixed here are some problems/bugs i've noticed
-After you beat your rival the first time and he tries to walk away he gets frozen and if u talk to him the rom freezes
-One of the fishing trainers has a question mark pokemon
-After you beat mira(or how ever you spell her name) And read the books the rom crashes, Also when you follow her she just kinda glides she does not walk
-Some parts of the map are not correctly connected
-The fence near the cuttable trees in Vestria city walked threw
-When you go in the house closest to the gym in vestria city its all messed up and talking to the man can freeze your game if you select the first option
-Some of the text in the game is in weird characters
-Sometimes after you heal your pokemon the last few words nurse joy says stay on the screen till you leave the poke center

^_^ That is all i noticed for now

Last edited:

psychicboy

Years
Now that i've gotten my save problem fixed here are some problems/bugs i've noticed
-After you beat your rival the first time and he tries to walk away he gets frozen and if u talk to him the rom freezes
-One of the fishing trainers has a question mark pokemon
-After you beat mira(or how ever you spell her name) And read the books the rom crashes, Also when you follow her she just kinda glides she does not walk
-Some parts of the map are not correctly connected
-The fence near the cuttable trees in Vestria city walked threw
-When you go in the house closest to the gym in vestria city its all messed up and talking to the man can freeze your game if you select the first option
-Some of the text in the game is in weird characters
-Sometimes after you heal your pokemon the last few words nurse joy says stay on the screen till you leave the poke center

^_^ That is all i noticed for now

Alright, Ill give you my updated beta which fixes all of these things. What about the gm leader

psychicboy

Years
The game has just been updated, check out the new file. If you want to play it correctly, have a saved file before you went to the library.

mukkamukka

Elite Four Champion
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I would like to help you make this game by rating it to see if it is good here is the info

Name: mukkamukka (username, dont wanna give my real name)

Job: beta tester

Proof of work: Tested toxic purple hack alpha1

Why you would like to help: I love playing new pokemon hacks

When you would like to help >.soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back