• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: What? Gen 4 is evolving!

C Formica

The Aura Awakens
Years
  • Congratulations! Your Gen 4 evolved into a Gen 7!

Since the newest main games Pokemon Sun and Moon were released, there has been much speculation about a Gen 4 remake, since there is evidence for such a remake in Pokemon Sun and Moon, and because it follows the pattern of remakes within the Generations. Ruby/Sapphire = Firered/LeafGreen; Diamond/Pearl = HeartGold/SoulSilver; etc.

I think it would be great to compile all of the evidence, and show everyone reasons why we think a Gen 4 remake is possible.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Congratulations! Your Gen 4 evolved into a Gen 7!

Since the newest main games Pokemon Sun and Moon were released, there has been much speculation about a Gen 4 remake, since there is evidence for such a remake in Pokemon Sun and Moon, and because it follows the pattern of remakes within the Generations. Ruby/Sapphire = Firered/LeafGreen; Diamond/Pearl = HeartGold/SoulSilver; etc.

I think it would be great to compile all of the evidence, and show everyone reasons why we think a Gen 4 remake is possible.
    While this could be fairly interesting, I'd like some discussion on what would go in such an article first.

What is the evidence in SM, firstly? There's a couple things I can guess at being taken as a parallel to DPPt, but I'm not aware of much myself.

Pattern of remakes is also something I'd be very wary of discussing. There is no "etc." in your pattern yet and there's only two instances - hardly a pattern! Meanwhile, patterns don't have to hold - if anything, they're made to be broken. ;p (See below).

Such an article should imo be careful to not label things as evidence for remakes to happen now, on that note. Similar things happened following BW's release with RSE remake speculation after all, and no remakes happened then. This happened also as a result of people falling for apparent patterns - "there were remakes the last two generations, so there must be one now!" (And not many expected a sequel either in gen 5! Another pattern from Crystal/Emerald/Platinum being broken.)

C Formica

The Aura Awakens
    Years
  • Alright, I see what you 2 are saying.

I'm not giving up on this article quite yet, but after seeing all the reasons and speculations, it would be a waste of an article, not fufilling any purpose whatsoever. If you don't want an article made up purely of what I have seen and heard, then this isn't going to be a successful article. Thank you for your time ad feedback though, as it was a helpful reference for the future.

If you would like me to continue on this article, just let me know and I'll get right on it. I do agree that if it was to be written, there would need to be serious discussion and editing to ensure it's not just me rambling about something that might never appear. ;) :)

Back