• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Royal Difficulty

Years
I decided to go to the Battle royal with the strongest pokemon I have (Sceptile lvl 71, Latios lvl 71, Incenaroar lvl 65, Garoyados lvl 72, Gardivour lvl 72, and Umbreon lvl 73) I thought it would be easy even though all the pokemon go to lvl 50, as in Omega Ruby and X I do the equalivent of Battle royal and come out on top, yet I am getting my ass handed to me on normal rank. All the pokemon seem to be faster, hit harder, and can take hits better than my pokemon. Is this like the Battle Tree situation where you need to good stats?

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
The pokémon in battle royale like the battle tree all have perfect IV's and are ev trained. They also have mega's that aren't even released yet.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah Battle Royal can be hard. Especially the last 2 ranks. They also sabotage your team by giving all rivals pokemon that are strong against your team.

I though fast pokemon with power attacking stats would be the key, however I found it to be the opposite. High Def pokemon that are slower, but have a nice attacking stats does wonders.

I used Mudsdale, Crabominable. and Goodra and had better luck than with any other pokemon. I didn't pay attention to their stats, but I will say that I caught them going through the game the first time and didn't use any stat enhancing items, like protean, to do them.

Years
Remember that the AI opponents in Battle Tree and Battle Royal are heavily obsessed with cheating and finding the perfect strategy to counter you. Like what the others said, while fast Pokemon would be ideal, the reality is you'd rather need more defensive Pokemon if you want to even survive these. The AI also all have perfect IVs and EVs, so you pretty much need to Hyper Train if you even want to stand a chance.

I am never going to attempt these again, because it's like I always get targeted by those cheaters.

Back