• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] He'll be remembered

Years
  • Nuzlocke challenges are quite popular. But even with the infinite number of variants, there is one thing that they have in common. Our Pokémon die. It doesn't matter if it was our trusted starter or freshly caught Ratatta. It doesn't matter if they died unexpectedly or if they sacrificed themselves for us to survive and win the run, they should be remembered. Because if it wasn't for them, that one run would be ruined.

What are some of the most painful deaths that you encountered on your journey? Do you remember your very first Pokémon that died? Or did you even sacrificed one Pokémon so you can heal another one and win the run?

fenberry

Lover <3
    Years
  • My Patrat dying in my White String Hexalocke at the beginning of the game. ;-; it was when I was battling N, so I shall hate him forever.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I never finished the run (I could technically do so since I haven't restarted my Moon but...) but when my Hariyama died I was so upset!!! I don't remember how it died but it was one of my Pokemon since nearly the beginning and got me out of jams and I definitely had more respect for Hariyama since using it.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • As for myself, it was that one Pikipek in my Moon String Hexalocke. I hadn't even reached the first trial when it died. :"

Years
  • My lv 55 Aggron was the last man standing in my last failed Black 2 Nuzlocke. Out of the games I attempted a Nuzlocke on, Black 2 is the only one where I have never completed a run. This time around, I was doing decent enough until I reached Undella Town, where the trainers suddenly become a lot harder and my Pokemon died one after another. Even the replacements, such as Jellicent and Golduck, could not survive for long. Weary from so many deaths, but impressed by Aggron's strength, I decided to focus my attention on him and see if I could reach the League with only Aggron and some light support. I got through the final two Gyms somehow - the Water Gym required some help from a new catch, Cinccino, who died soon after the Gym - and I thought I might actually still have a shot.

But then I encountered a trainer with an Excadrill and my run ended there. RIP.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • so i have never been a nuzlocke kind of person bc i just really struggle with loss and pokemon is something that makes me happy so i just. could never really get into this bc i didn't want to get upset over it hhhhh. i did do a wonderlocke once though and RIP to my sandslash that i loved and lost bc my stupid ass was Not paying attention. :) also rip to my charmeleon that i lost to a wobbuffet i've been bitter about those guys ever since, even when not playing a locke challenge aha.

Years
  • I've played a good number of Nuzlockes, but there is one moment I'll always remember... While doing my 1st Wonderlocke on X, I got Route 8 and was ready to catch another Pokémon. I had Zigzagoon, Lombre, Scyther and Charmeleon on my team. I got to one random fight with a Rising Star. So I though it would be okay... But she sent out Axew. Axew that knew Dragon Rage. You can probably guess what happened next. Lombre, Charmeleon and Zigzagoon all died before I was able to take down this Axew. I'm beware of it ever since that moment.

Years
  • In my nuzlocke of Pokemon White, I lost my Darumaka to Bianca in Driftveil city and was absolutely crushed emotionally. I think that this event combined with a lack of motivation to the run was why I eventually decided to discontinue it.

My nuzlocke of Pokemon Diamond hasn't had any major deaths yet, although in my Moon wonderlocke the loss of Gastly to Hala was kind of hard to get over. And since neither of these are finished yet, more sad deaths could still arise.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2022
    I generally have just terrible luck in Nuzlockes. Period. Although, the most humiliating (...and bull****) loss that I've had was doing an All-Randomized run of FireRed and running into a Venusaur... with Guillotine... that hit... on Route 1.

Game didn't even let me start the actual game before screwing me...

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I caught an Oddish in an Emerald run. At first I hated it but then it grew on me. It died either on the cemetery mountain or the Elite Four (too many grass types in that run I can't be exact) and I was devastated. After that (successful) run ended I played a regular walkthrough and added Gloom as my starter (via egg so you don't have to worry about overlevelling of course)

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • Two words, Dark Rising.
    This game was a nightmare, I made the mistake of going into it with a blind nuzlocke. The starters made me quite excited, but after several losses I lost my Dragonite, who was with me from the start. This ultimately led to me losing the game and the locke and made me more wary of the Dark Rising series in the future.

Years
  • My prinplup Cobblepot, he died when I stupidly played while half awake...I mean come on! A piplup named cobblepot was adorable, this was in my moon wonderlocke...He was my 'starter'....I quit after he died. Now a vast majority of Piplups are named Cobblepot in his honor. Sorry if anyone got a few, that was me.

Last edited:
    Back