• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] What's your all time favorite Pokemon episode

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    My all-time favorite episode would The Flame Pokemon-athon. This episode really stick. I remember seeing this episode as a kid and I fell in love with the concept of riding a Pokemon in which it happened in games especially in Let's Go.

That was one of my first episodes, before I properly joined the fandom! I had it on VHS, along with a few other episodes (Pokemon Shipwreck, Tentacool & Tentacruel, and Pokemon Paparazzi)... the fact that Ponyta's flame only burned those it didn't trust stuck with me. It really coloured my perception of Pokemon as creatures and was such a beautiful piece of worldbuilding, it fills me with warmth and a sense of wonder.

That and Ponyta and Rapdish are beautifully drawn, that was one of the few really impressively animated and detailed evolutions in the original series too!!

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Pokémon Emergency
    Mystery at the Lighthouse
    The Water Flowers at Cerulean City
    The School of Hard Knocks
    Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
    The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
    Princess v Princess
    Go West, Young Meowth
    A Tent Situation
    For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!

Last edited:

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
    Years
  • I think any pokemon episode focusing on Misty can go there.
    Also, that episode, ignorance is a blissey
    And the battle of princesses with lickitung's debut
    Also every pokemon episode focusing on Harley

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Nothing's ever really reached the same level of hype or intensity of XY128: Decisive Rival Battle! Ash-Greninja VS Mega Sceptile!, where Ash-Greninja and Mega Sceptile beat the snot out of each other. Was nice seeing Sawyer's character growth since his introduction and him almost breaking even with Ash.

Runner-up would probably be Ash & Paul's first Full Battle

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    i don't know, it's a little hard since the anime has a lot of good episodes, but i guess "Inside the Tapu Fini's Mist!", SM108 could be the best, i love Mallow and i loved her story with her mother and i'm one of who thinks that Shaymin is a reincarnation of Mallow's Mother.
    other could be the special Iris episode and maybe "Lively Lilie! A Determined Runaway!!", SM51 is a GREAT episode and i also love Lillie so...
    the first episode of the whole anime, Pokémon, I Choose You, the episode when Ash catches Caterpie, the episode of Ash vs Shouta, when Ash trains with Tapu Bulu, "Kapu-Bulul! Intense Lazy Training!!" is also great.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    OH
    god.

Let me just reach back 20 years into the archives.... I can't pick just one, so oof.

Kanto, I really liked Electric Shock Showdown as a kid, because I loved Pikachu.

Also Holy Matrimony, because I used to be a Rocketshipper. LOL

Um..

for Hoenn, Come What May! and episodes around it were good!
    That was when Drew gave May the rose and they had one of their contests that I enjoyed.

I also liked the episode where Ash and Gary kinda fix their friendship/rivalry, and you get to see the little Pokeball that split in half and held on to.
    Edit: Google tells me that one is called The Ties That Bind lol

In XYZ I really liked some of the Greninja drama episodes, and the one's where Alain showed, especially!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Ash vs Drake-It was the first time he won a league. How do you do a "Be Continued" during an attack? Was eager to watch the next one.

A close second is The Rival Showdown, or something like that....Whatever it was called, but I believe it was when Gary's Eevee beat Pikachu. It was when Gary changed, & grew up. Ash was still stuck in his own ways, & Gary thrashed him...Beat him down & just left...Ash was super salty.

Back