• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Yikes! Scary!

What do you think of the Ghost Type Pokemon this Gen?

• I love them! They're all awesome! <3

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • They all suck. GF should try harder to make better Ghosts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • They're great, but need some changes. (Specify)

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I love Litwick, it's like one of those cute horror film creatures (like Casper the friendly ghost.) Don't like it's evolutions though.

Do you like their designs?
    Some of them like Litwic and Cofargrigius i love.
    Which is your favorite, and why?
    Litwic because it's CUTE
    What changes, if any, would you make to them?
    I would make litwick's evolution's scarier by far What are you overall opinions of Ghost types Black and White?
    A bit more boring than before, actually.

Do you like their designs?
    Some of them like Litwic and Cofargrigius i love.
    Which is your favorite, and why?
    Litwic because it's CUTE
    What changes, if any, would you make to them?
    I would make litwick's evolution's scarier by far What are you overall opinions of Ghost types Black and White?
    A bit more boring than before, actually.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • In all honesty the Unova Ghost Types are pretty awesome. Frillish and Jellicent are one of my favourite Pokemon of all time now. I'm not a fan of inanimate objects as Pokemon but the Fire/Ghost candles are pretty cool, I've seen the concept behind them and I like them even more now. Golurk's line is good too. I don't like the hype for Cofagrigos but it's a good Pokemon too, definitely the scaryest - it eats people!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    "Grave robbers who mistake them for real coffins and get too close end up trapped inside their bodies."

"The spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever."

I gotta say, both Chandelure and Cofagrigus are absolutely terrifying lol

Although this one from Jellicent implies mass murder. What a bloody terrifying Pokemon lol

"The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished."

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
    Years
  • Ghosts are just awwesome, not only for Gen V. Jellicent line are my least favorate from Gen V ghosts.
    BTW, I don't think ghosts are scary :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I loved the Unova Ghost types! Ghost is one of my favorite types in general, and I appreciated that Unova introduced some new type combinations. The Chandelure line is my favorite, with Jellicent being a close second. The only issue I had with the Gen V Ghosts? The fact that Game Freak wimped out of officially releasing Shadow Tag Chandelure. Yeah, it would've been broken as all get out, but still.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Do you like their designs?: Yes, they were amazing, and certainly helped give each Ghost their own identity.
    Which is your favorite, and why?: Golurk, because it has the essence of a giant robot, even though it is technically a spectral golem.
    What changes, if any, would you make to them?: I'd give Golurk a much higher BST, just to give it much more of a guardian-like presence in the battlefield. I would improve its' HP, Defense, and Sp. Def stats, in particular to ensure it can take some neutral hits better.
    What are you overall opinions of Ghost types Black and White? : All of them are awesome in their own unique ways. I like how most Ghosts in Generation V ranged from disturbing to depressing.

Years
  • I definitely love all the unique designs of the Unova Ghost-types, and all possessing some unique types and abilities. Chandelure is my all-time favourite of the group, but I also love Jellicent as a nice bulky Pokemon that also has my fave type.

Back