• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Need Ultra Sun help/advice/suggestions

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I can't believe it's come to this. Seriously. I can't. But Ultra Sun is getting on my last nerves and I'm about ready to throwing my damn 3DS at the wall. So let's prevent that from happening shall we?

I need some suggestions/advice/help.

My current team is: Primarina, Sceptile, Talonflame, Aegislash, Kirlia, and Zoroark. It took me twice to beat both the 3rd Guzma fight and the 1st Lusamine fight. Although admittedly the Lusamine fight may have been my fault but it doesn't change how ridiculous this is starting to become.

Talonflame and Fly-Z is not working against Goliosopod. It only did enough damage for Emergency Exit to activate then I started to get sweeped by the rest of his Pokemon. Eventually though I beat him on my second try when it was clear I wasn't going to win (restart)

I was doing well against Lusamine but Bewear KO'd my Talonflame and then, somehow, and I SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW, freaking Lilligant started sweeping my team. Admittedly I probably shouldn't have tried to use Acrobatics on Bewear and should have used my Pokemon with Psychic moves on it. That's what I did on my second try (another restart when it was clear I wasn't going to win again) and I won.

But this is seriously starting to get ridiculous now. Yes, I'm not stupid. It's pretty clear to me that my team is super vulnerable to Bug and Poison types and apparently Guzma's team. The question is, what the hell do I do about it? That's what I need help with.

I've been trying to get a damn Dawn Stone from Poke Pelago for what seems to be like over a week now and I've gotten like 4+ freaking Dusk Stones from it but no Dawn Stone(s). I call BS. This is because my Kirlia is male and I want a Gallade.

I'm to Poni Island now and my team is getting KO'd too freaking often. A freaking trainer in Poni Wilds KO'd two of my Pokemon with freaking Toxapex. This is getting ridiculous and I'm not sure how much more I can take this.

So I'll take any advice and suggestions you can give me. I'm to close to the end game so I don't really see how reformatting my team is really viable at this point and I seriously DO NOT WANT TO START THE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN so please keep that in mind as well.

And I'm not even to Ultra Necrozma yet which is apparently Persona 3 FES 'The Answer' in terms of difficulty. Looks like my predictions of 50+ tries may not be too far off.

Either way I'd really appreciate any help anyone here could give me. Thank you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 5, 2019
I'm kind of surprised you're struggling against Guzma since you have a Talonflame. What are your levels?

The dawn stone is ridiculously hard to get in this game, you can get one from royal avenue but its post-game.

Since you say you're struggling against poison types, I would suggest picking up the Bulldoze TM from Konikoni city, Earthquake is unavailable until post-game I think so that's your best option, that or Dig which you find on Akala outskirts. I believe at least your Sceptile can learn them.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
If possible, you may want to consider seeing if anyone can trade you a Dawn Stone since the RNG is not being kind to you. If you're at Poni Island now, Kirlia needs that evo asap.

But yeah, would be good to know what your levels and movesets and stuff are for you team is, we might be able to help you better if we know that stuff

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Levels are around the 50's

I can't remember the movesets but I'll try my best.

Primarina: Psychic (TM), Bubblebeam, Sparkling Aria, Moonblast (with Primarina-Z)
Talonflame: Quick Attack, Acrobatics (TM), Flame Charge (TM), Ember (I swap between Fire-Z and Fly-Z
Sceptile: Dual Chop, Mega Drain, X-Scissor (TM), Leaf Blade (with Grass-Z)
Zoroark: Scratch, Night Slash, Foul Play, Shadow Claw (TM) (with Dark-Z)
Kirlia: Draining Kiss, Psychic, Psyshock (TM), Shadow Ball (TM) (with Everstone)
Aegislash: Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak, Iron Head, Night Slash (with Ghost-Z but I suppose I can swap between that and Steel-Z

That's it. As for Dawn Stone, I tried asking for one in the Discord with no responses but I'll take it if anyone is willing to give it. Just PM me for details/what you want in return/my Friend Code or whatever if you choose to do so.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
If everything's about level 50, then I don't think that level is the problem here, so we can check that one off.

Though looking at your Talonflame, I can see why it's not been doing so well for you. Talonflame's not exactly a powerhouse, and stuff like Acrobatics and Flame Charge are low power moves, so it's not going to do a lot of damage, even with Z-Moves. Acrobatics doesn't work well with Flyinium Z, as with an item held, it only has 55 BP. Flare Blitz and Brave Bird were, despite the recoil, Talonflame's staple STAB moves in the previous generation because the high base power offset its low offensive stats. Using Firium /Flyinium Z with those moves allows it to once a battle use them without the recoil, and with more power too. Unfortunately, the move relearner is not available in the Gen 7 games until you make it to the Pokemon League, which is the easiest way (and the only way in Flare Blitz's case) to get those. You could try to pursue other options for moves in the meantime.

Other than that and evolving Kirlia, could probably use to replace Scratch on Zoroark with some sort of coverage move, and replace Primarina's Bubblebeam with something else like an Ice attack, or when it gets to that level, Hydro Pump.

If Discord was not helpful to you for finding a trade, try the Trade Corner on the forum and see if that yields anything.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Well after some suggestions from people on the Discord this is what I've done so far:

Scratch from Zoroark is gone and replaced with Return.

Ember from Talonflame is gone and replaced with Steel Wing

Everstone has been taken off of Kirlia and I let it evolve into Gardevoir (I guess I'll never get to try out/use a Gallade)

Also all I had to do was go through one screen and I got Machamp Shove so I went back and got the Thunderbolt and Energy Ball TMs which were also suggested. Toxic was also suggested.

However they didn't say who to teach what to and what to replace. All people on the Discord said was to replace Bubblebeam on Primarina and Psyshock on Gardevoir. But not with what.

My Sceptile can learn Bulldoze and the only Pokemon that can learn Thunderbolt is Gardevoir.

So what else should I do? Thunderbolt on Gardevoir? If so what do I get rid of for it? Psyshock?

Sorry I need more help and for whatever reason the people on the Discord aren't posting in this thread.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
Well after some suggestions from people on the Discord this is what I've done so far:

Scratch from Zoroark is gone and replaced with Return.

Ember from Talonflame is gone and replaced with Steel Wing

Everstone has been taken off of Kirlia and I let it evolve into Gardevoir (I guess I'll never get to try out/use a Gallade)

Also all I had to do was go through one screen and I got Machamp Shove so I went back and got the Thunderbolt and Energy Ball TMs which were also suggested. Toxic was also suggested.

However they didn't say who to teach what to and what to replace. All people on the Discord said was to replace Bubblebeam on Primarina and Psyshock on Gardevoir. But not with what.

My Sceptile can learn Bulldoze and the only Pokemon that can learn Thunderbolt is Gardevoir.

So what else should I do? Thunderbolt on Gardevoir? If so what do I get rid of for it? Psyshock?

Sorry I need more help and for whatever reason the people on the Discord aren't posting in this thread.

For TB, I'd say get rid of Psyshock if your Gardevoir has Psychic.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
For TB, I'd say get rid of Psyshock if your Gardevoir has Psychic.

Yeah I just did that recently. People keep saying Toxic but I still don't get the use of it.

Half my team got KO'd by literally the next trainer I battled after I made the suggested changes, but the trainer in questions was one of the trainers you can only battle by beating the other trainers in the route and the jerkass kept using Teeter Dance.

I'm hoping it was an outlier. :irate-stare:

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
Those trainers are generally a little tougher, but not really too difficult to beat. Try levelling up your Pokemon a little more. I'm not finished with USUM yet, but it seems it is a little more difficult than SM. Also for your Sceptile, what is your current moveset? Only get Bulldoze if you have something that's practically useless, like Pound or something.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Those trainers are generally a little tougher, but not really too difficult to beat. Try levelling up your Pokemon a little more. I'm not finished with USUM yet, but it seems it is a little more difficult than SM. Also for your Sceptile, what is your current moveset? Only get Bulldoze if you have something that's practically useless, like Pound or something.

They aren't underleveled, they are above the other trainers Pokemon. In the 50's.

Also it's too late I already taught it to him and got rid of Mega Drain. His moveset is in an above post. However, it is now Dual Chop, Bulldoze, X Scissor, and Leaf Blade.

Back