• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Canalave City Library

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In Canalave City, there's a library. You need to go here for story purposes, but there's a floor within the library where you can actually read the books. Once such book is about people and Pokemon eating together at the same table...

Fun fact, that book was edited to be that way in the English releases. The Japanese text was different.

Did you read the books in the Canalave Library? This isn't a feature or anything, but I did like it. I always found it dumb that there were magazines in Pokemon games, but there was just default text saying "it's a row of magazines lined up nicely." So, being able to actually read some of the books was cool.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I did read the books at the Canalave Library! It was so much fun and added a new dimension to the Pokémon world!
    A story that sticks to my mind is that of a swordsman who was attacking Pokémon without a particular reason and discarded those that he did not eat. Eventually, Pokémon began to hide from him. After a long search, he found one, and he asked it why every Pokémon was hiding. It replied that it has to "exact a toll" for his actions, and will attack humankind. The man realises his mistake of not seeing Pokémon as beings with life and snapped his sword. "Seeing this, the Pokémon disappeared to a place beyond seeing..."
    Anyway, here's a bunch of Sinnoh Myths if you want to read; they're a treat!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ironically, because of my experiences with things like the magazines referenced in OP, I stumbled upon the readable books by accident about 5 years after the games were released. I definitely enjoyed them, even if the limitation of speech bubbles only allowing for 2 lines of text meant it was quite click-y (especially as I'm a fast reader).

Days
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Cool that I came across here. I haven't been to this library, but I have read books at the other ones. There is always a special atmosphere that makes people feel good and inspire to read. And if you read about your favourite Pokemon, then it becomes more exciting

Years
  • every once in a while, i read all of the books in canalave library. the relaxing music accompanied with the hidden worldbuilding makes it one of my favourite places from sinnoh

Back