• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Today was the day I exhausted my luck

redragon94

~dragon~
Years
  • Today will probably be the the day run out of luck.

The whole of the last week, most of my evenings have been trying to hatch a shiny Charmander and after over 1100 eggs hatched (with shiny charm) and still nothing, I thought I was cursed and pretty much gave up.

Then I thought, maybe I'll hop on let's go and I'll shiny chain which is much easier and it'll probably make me feel good about myself.

So I booted up the game and noticed that I hadn't even finished the game so I didn't have mew two. I then quickly completed the story, transferred a mew two from Go and got my shiny charm on that game.

I then proceeded to put a movie on started midlessly soft resetting. After LESS THAT 50 resets that MF appeared and I almost had a heart attack. I kept my cool and took no chances (even though they can't escape) and threw a master ball and Got him!

The first thing I did was to save 7 times just in case and moved Him straight into Shield to change its nature and hyper train it. During the EV training, fighting Gastlys for SP atk, I started dabbling on Pokemon go and got a shiny snubbull on my first encounter!
    Quickly caught him and proceeded to finish the sp attack ev train. Still calming down from the double shiny in 1 day, I wasn't paying attention when he popped up... a square shiny Gastly!!! I'll repeat, SQUARE SHINY GASTLY 😱
    Threw a luxary ball out he didn't deserve anything less and added him to my roster.
    Proceeded to save another 14 times just in case and turned off the game. It couldn't possibly get any better so why try.

Last edited:
    Years
  • oh man that's awesome congrats!! i haven't gotten my own shiny besides the magikarp event a few months ago (where their rates were higher) in like 8 months lol

redragon94

~dragon~
    Years
  • I know it was crazy.
    It's demoralising when you're grinding through eggs and can't get a shiny after so many tries. But it's so rewarding when it finally happens! If you're actively looking, then don't give up, they'll appear eventually!

Back