• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Birthsigns

Years
  • The error is this one.

erro10.png

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    Hi, I was testing out the Birthsigns script for the Zodiac Moves with EBS, and I'm getting this error now

Spoiler:

I backed up to before I put Birthsigns in but I'm hoping there's an answer we can find on how to solve it.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • I've found the troublemaker. :V

After some tests: The Trainers Birthsigns will only crashes in this 2 situations:

1- Calling the Trainers Birthsigns "player costumization" before genderselection and trainer name event script calls.
    2- It clashes with luka Ultimate tittle screen script.

Even if i put tittle screen script below all the birthsigns script, it will give me an error and crash.
    If i remove that script from the game, the game will run normally.

Spoiler:

Birthsigns isn't the problem...
    The script is outdated
    Installation

Either use the EPI or download this pack, and extract its contents into your root folder. All the scripts are located in the archive as .txt files.

If the resource comes with a Settings script, copy and paste that into your project's script editor first (making sure it goes above Main). After that, copy and paste any script that is provided in the pack above into your project's script editor under the Settings script (if no Settings were present, simply copy the scripts above Main).

MAKE SURE TO TRANSFER OVER THE SCRIPTS (IF MULTIPLE ARE PRESENT) IN THE ORDER THEY ARE LISTED IN!
    Credits

Please credit all the following people for their contributions, when using the Modular Title Screen.

GameFreak | BGMs for the official Title Screen tracks​​
    Luka S.J. | Designs, graphics and code​

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • I've found the troublemaker. :V

After some tests: The Trainers Birthsigns will only crashes in this 2 situations:

1- Calling the Trainers Birthsigns "player costumization" before genderselection and trainer name event script calls.
    2- It clashes with luka Ultimate tittle screen script.

Even if i put tittle screen script below all the birthsigns script, it will give me an error and crash.
    If i remove that script from the game, the game will run normally.

Spoiler:

Bithsigns isn't the problem
    The script is outdated...
    Download it from the EPI here: https://resources.luka-sj.com/
    Or there but manually

Years
  • The main Birthsigns script automatically adds the page. But to view the page you must press your action/talk button, when you view the page 2 i think, it will display an icon on that page so you can access it.

Years
    • Seen today
    Birthsigns isn't the problem...
    The script is outdated
    Installation

Either use the EPI or download this pack, and extract its contents into your root folder. All the scripts are located in the archive as .txt files.

If the resource comes with a Settings script, copy and paste that into your project's script editor first (making sure it goes above Main). After that, copy and paste any script that is provided in the pack above into your project's script editor under the Settings script (if no Settings were present, simply copy the scripts above Main).

MAKE SURE TO TRANSFER OVER THE SCRIPTS (IF MULTIPLE ARE PRESENT) IN THE ORDER THEY ARE LISTED IN!
    Credits

Please credit all the following people for their contributions, when using the Modular Title Screen.

GameFreak | BGMs for the official Title Screen tracks​​
    Luka S.J. | Designs, graphics and code​

Thank you for providing a solution.

How can you add the birthsign summary page for pokemon?

The page only displays if the Pokemon has a birthsign to begin with. If it does, an icon will be displayed on page 2 signifying that you can open it.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • I'd like to know if it's possible to assign opponent trainer a birthsigns from the debug menu trainer editor instead of having to use the PBS file to apply it.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • I'd also like to know how one could use multiple birthsign sets in game. I have an idea about multiple pokemon worlds and thought it'd be cool to has that as a feature

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • I'd also like to know how one could use multiple birthsign sets in game. I have an idea about multiple pokemon worlds and thought it'd be cool to has that as a feature

I'd like to know if it's possible to assign opponent trainer a birthsigns from the debug menu trainer editor instead of having to use the PBS file to apply it.

There is no way currently to add birth signs from the debug menu.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd like to know if it's possible to assign opponent trainer a birthsigns from the debug menu trainer editor instead of having to use the PBS file to apply it.

It's definitely possible, I was able to figure it out this morning. I don't think I'll include it in an update because it requires so many tiny changes to multiple script sections, for such a minor addition. And I'd like to keep this project as close to a plug-and-play model as possible. I'll add the instructions below to the main post however for those who desire it. Here's what to do:

Instructions
    Spoiler:

Steps 1 & 2 I'll be adding to the birthsign script by default from here on out.

Years
    • Seen today
    read the post right above yours my dude. it's not too many lines that needed rewriting
    You're both sort of right. It doesn't require a ton of changes, but it does require changes to several different areas of the script that would be far too cumbersome to add as an update. It's not really an essential function, so having three new areas of the base script that need to be overwritten just for this one thing seems like too much work (for people installing it, not for me) to bother with. But I added the instructions in the main post for those who'd want to make use of it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2022
    First of all, i really like your script, you did a great job!

Everything works perfectly but I have a slight issue with the item that's needed to use the zodiac power, it disappears after using it in a battle.
    I checked the script and it still has #@zodiacPower[side]=-2 line with the comment tag in front of it so I don't know what's causing this issue.

Back