• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon - TR Edition (16+) [V0.4] - Updated!

What do you enjoy most about this demo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years

• Download Links:

CONTENT WARNING: This is a game intended for mature audiences. It addresses marginalized groups, war, sexual themes, violent crimes, politics, substance abuse, and other sensitive material. Player discretion is advised.

Patches

Introduction

I was watching Thundaga's guides on YouTube on how to make a Pokemon Game, and I decided that it would be fun to make a game myself! I've seen a million other Pokemon games follow the formula of starting off in Pallet, beating the GYMS, and eventually becoming the Pokemon Champion. Along those games, you always beat up on the evil team of the game. The plan this time was to make a darker game. With a little bit more of an adult focus. A game where you weren't defeating the evil team...but instead what if you were a member? This is my first game, and I would love any and all feedback! <3 Rocket, out!

Story

The Kanto Region. A place where many trainers start their Pokemon journey! However, some trainers aren't as lucky as others. Maybe due to a previous criminal record, they couldn't get their official trainer cards. Maybe they just chose to shun normal society, and instead attempt to rule the underground. Whatever their motivations, we all unite under a single man - Giovanni. Leader of Team Rocket. As a grunt of Team Rocket, you'll be assigned all sorts of duties - Kidnapping. Murder. Arson. Extortion. Blackmail. The life of a criminal isn't always easy.

You are something special as far as Team Rocket grunts go though. Giovanni sees more potential in you. Among the grunts there are a few that advance to the role of being a Rocket Admin. Admin's have their own grunts to command, and are given more free reign to do as they please.

That's your dream - Not to become the Pokemon Champion. Not to make friends with Pokemon. You want to be part of the organization that will eventually control the world. One day, you may even find yourself in Giovanni's seat.
    Good luck in your mission Rocket.

Features

Pokemon from Generations 1+2
    Overworld Encounters
    Darkness Evolution - Custom Dark Pokemon!
    A new storyline which varies slightly based on decisions
    Two strong rivals - Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak.
    Custom Abilities on a few select Pokemon
    New Music
    HM Items
    && More to be added!

Credits

Pokemon Essentials - Flameguru/Maruno/Peter O
    Pokemon Assets & Game Music - Nintendo/Game Freak
    Map Pack - JohtoBlaziken
    Vongolaleader - Graphics
    Increase Speed Script - Marin
    Pokecommunity Discord - Helping me not suck at this with coding fixes. <3
    Zerochan - Opening Screen
    Chris Kokolios - Some music
    LucksackGames - Spriting/Eventing/Mapping
    Soccersam - Scripting / Testing
    TCGCA - Testing
    SuzukiLA - Beta Testing / Spriting
    Rexfrancesco - Spriting
    Windswirl - Spriting (Also check out their Deviant!)
    Okride - Beta Testing
    Evilapple513 - Title Screen
    derFischae - Overworld Encounters
    Ulithium_Dragon - Graphics
    PurpleZaffre - Some Sprites
    MGriffin - Coding

Please let me know if something I am using is yours, most of what I'm using has been found through Google, and I can't say I've remembered everything. I try and give credit where credit it due!

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Fangame Progression!

Currently finished to the fourth Gym.

Currently working on the Questing System.

SAVE OFTEN! This is my first fangame, there will almost certainly be glitches and softlocks, and I don't want you to lose progress!

Please report any softlocks to be by posting here, or email - [email protected]! Thank you!

Have an idea you want added to the game? Let me know! I'm still super new at this and want to learn and grow!

Since this game is currently V 0.39, expect there to be updates and changes to Pokemon, and the storyline!

Let's Plays! ♥️

Episode 1-

Episode 2 -

Game Showcase -

Version Updates and Planned Updates

V0.31 - Updates to allow it to be included on the forums. Sexual references removed. :)

V0.32 -
    ■Custom Intro (I had been playing and testing with the intro skipped, enabled to upload and Oak doesn't make much sense. Sorry for now!)
    ■Finished Lavender Tower
    ■Finished Silph Co

V0.33 -
    ■Map Reworks by Soccersam and LucksackGames
    ■EV/IV Screen for checking Pokemon
    ■Fixed SS Anne Bug

V0.34 -
    ■More Map Reworks by LucksackGames
    ■Fixed teleport bugs that would stick you in walls

V0.35-
    ■4th Gym
    ■Game Corner
    ■Various Mapfixes
    ■Celadon Event

V0.36-
    ■Move Relearner
    ■Various Mapfixes
    ■Various Bugfixes
    ■Fixed Cut

V0.37-
    ■Updated Some Shops
    ■Various Mapfixes
    ■Various Bugfixes
    ■Music Updated

V0.38-
    ■Fixed Silph Co
    ■Two Custom Abilities Added - Patient Power and Predator
    ■Fixed Celadon Event

V0.39-
    ■Fixed Misty Death Glitch
    ■Fixed Death Warp Glitch
    ■Fixed Bill Glitch
    ■New Sprite for Dark Alakazam

Plans for V0.40-
    ■Adding Male/Female/Nonbinary Sprites
    ■Questing System
    ■Maybe more! Depends on your input!

Pokemon - TR Edition (16+) [V0.4] - Updated!

Last edited:

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    This seems fun! I really loved the Fire Red: Rocket Edition, and I've got a soft spot for Team Rocket, so I always look forward to games like these!

Edit: As an afterthought, the cave entrance in the fifth screenshot looks out of place.

Years
  • I will be posting the download tonight, it's only done through the third Gym and still needs lost of finishing touches, but I'd love feedback as it's my first hack!

Also I never noticed that before but now I can't unsee it haha I'll have to see if I have something that matches better!

Years
  • Version Updates and Planned Updates

V0.31 - Updates to allow it to be included on the forums. Sexual references removed. :)

Plans for V0.32 -
    ■Custom Intro (I had been playing and testing with the intro skipped, enabled to upload and Oak doesn't make much sense. Sorry for now!)
    ■Adding Male/Female/Nonbinary Sprites
    ■Finishing Lavender Tower
    ■Finishing Silph Co
    ■Maybe more! Depends on your input!​

Download is live, link in the main post!

Also please remember - Feedback Feedback Feedback! This is my first ever game and I want it to be a good one <3!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Would you please be able to upload this to mega nz as well? mediafire isn't working for me atm.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Started playing through this about an hour back.

Here are my thoughts:-

1. In outdoor maps and cave maps (especially in outdoor) you do NOT want the player to be able to see the black edges of the map. It really ruins the experience.

2. This is a matter of preference, but I like my text, especially when someone is speaking, to be colored. Grey text appears unappealing to me. This is purely your choice though. (Pink text is not easy on the eyes, so kindly refrain from it unless absolutely necessary.)

3. The music is very nice, and really has that gangsta feel to it. Kudos on that!

4. The story feels kinda rushed when we're kind of placed smack middle in a cave and get some pokemon from...Giovanni himself? It's a little unrealistic to expect Giovanni to hand out Pokemon to every new grunt. Maybe some Rocket admin like Petrel would work instead? I am just basing this off FireRed: Rocket Edition.

5. The intro is the default one, and I know you mentioned it in your thread, but imo, it's better to wait and make a custom intro rather than be in a hurry to release the game. Patience is key.

And...that's it for now! I will update my reply as I continue my playthrough. All in all, I see great potential in this game and really like the premise, but as of now, it still feels a little unpolished. The title screen is awesome, though.

Years
  • Started playing through this about an hour back.

Here are my thoughts:-

1. In outdoor maps and cave maps (especially in outdoor) you do NOT want the player to be able to see the black edges of the map. It really ruins the experience.

2. This is a matter of preference, but I like my text, especially when someone is speaking, to be colored. Grey text appears unappealing to me. This is purely your choice though. (Pink text is not easy on the eyes, so kindly refrain from it unless absolutely necessary.)

3. The music is very nice, and really has that gangsta feel to it. Kudos on that!

4. The story feels kinda rushed when we're kind of placed smack middle in a cave and get some pokemon from...Giovanni himself? It's a little unrealistic to expect Giovanni to hand out Pokemon to every new grunt. Maybe some Rocket admin like Petrel would work instead? I am just basing this off FireRed: Rocket Edition.

5. The intro is the default one, and I know you mentioned it in your thread, but imo, it's better to wait and make a custom intro rather than be in a hurry to release the game. Patience is key.

And...that's it for now! I will update my reply as I continue my playthrough. All in all, I see great potential in this game and really like the premise, but as of now, it still feels a little unpolished. The title screen is awesome, though.

1. My first time ever spiriting haha. Definitely will work on making thicker borders :)

2. I'll mess around with the text color!

3. ♥️ Thank you!

4. I like it! I wanted to start off in some remote Rocket place, but I didn't know who to have give you your starter. I like the rocket admin idea!

5. Legit forgot about the intro until I had already uploaded it, because I was using a quick load that auto named you red and put you in the cave. It literally occured to me that wait people are going to want to name themselves, so I quickly enabled the intro. Definitely a high priority to fix that :)

Thank you so much for the input and trying the game! ♥️

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon - TR Edition (16+) [V0.4] - Updated!

Thank you so much for the input @Soccersam! I made a small tweak to the person giving the starting Pokemon, I hope you approve! :)
    I'll release it with the next update!

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Pokemon - TR Edition (16+) [V0.4] - Updated!

Thank you so much for the input @Soccersam! I made a small tweak to the person giving the starting Pokemon, I hope you approve! :)
    I'll release it with the next update!

No problem! Glad you liked my ideas! One small thing I would suggest though- it would be better if you didn't mix the character sprites of different gens. I think the Petrel sprite you are using is of Gen 2, whereas all the other sprites are of Gen 3. It clashes with the other sprites of the game.
    I would suggest you to check out Gen 3 character overworlds instead. Aveontrainer and Etique have a large number of resources you can use in your games with credit.

Here's an example :-
    https://www.deviantart.com/aveontrainer/art/Petrel-786278761

Years
  • No problem! Glad you liked my ideas! One small thing I would suggest though- it would be better if you didn't mix the character sprites of different gens. I think the Petrel sprite you are using is of Gen 2, whereas all the other sprites are of Gen 3. It clashes with the other sprites of the game.
    I would suggest you to check out Gen 3 character overworlds instead. Aveontrainer and Etique have a large number of resources you can use in your games with credit.

Here's an example :-
    https://www.deviantart.com/aveontrainer/art/Petrel-786278761

SUPER APPRECIATE THIS!!!

I love getting help from others, at times I feel like a fish out of water working on this haha. Thank you for directing me to a good sprite to use ♥️.

ALWAYS happy to give credit. Life is a team sport, y'know? If there's anything else you see, notice, or can think of I am ALWAYS listening to idea and input ♥️

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hey, really enjoying it so far! One possible bug- whenever I try to leave the S.S. Anne my character gets stuck.

Back