• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ball Catch Game

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
ballcatchgif.gif
ballcatchscreen.png

Simple minigame where the player must pick the balls that are falling at screen.

Link

Tested on Essentials v13, v18.1, v19.1 and v20.1. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

A little script that I made in around 3 hours (the first version). Upgrade suggestions: A "bomb" ball and balls that gives different scores.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
This game is so amazing, i hope if you can add differernt kinds of balls into the system it would be better !
And can you teach me what should i do to make player get prize if they catch enough balls (eg.total balls is 50,when player catched 45 balls,then it give player some money or an important item)
thanks!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
This game is so amazing, i hope if you can add differernt kinds of balls into the system it would be better !
And can you teach me what should i do to make player get prize if they catch enough balls (eg.total balls is 50,when player catched 45 balls,then it give player some money or an important item)
thanks!
The script line '$game_variables[80]=pbCatchGame(50)' will put the result at variable 80, so you can do a conditional branch that give things to the players if this variable has a certain number.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
The script line '$game_variables[80]=pbCatchGame(50)' will put the result at variable 80, so you can do a conditional branch that give things to the players if this variable has a certain number.

Thanks, I will try ,I mean ,i'll try to understand what you say ,due to my pool ruby foundation and Englishi:)
Thanks a lot !

Thanks again, i succeed in getting my goal , it works well !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 4, 2016
Great job but i need help i wanna place the images in another folder called BallCatch in pictures but i think i know how to could you tell me if i am rigth ill change this lines
@sprites["background"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/backgroundcatch")
@sprites["player"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/catcher")
to this
@sprites["background"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/BallCatch/backgroundcatch")
@sprites["player"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/BallCatch/catcher")
also were would i change the ball

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Great job but i need help i wanna place the images in another folder called BallCatch in pictures but i think i know how to could you tell me if i am rigth ill change this lines
@sprites["background"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/backgroundcatch")
@sprites["player"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/catcher")
to this
@sprites["background"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/BallCatch/backgroundcatch")
@sprites["player"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/BallCatch/catcher")
also were would i change the ball
Yep, this works (just test before). Also, change the '@sprites["ball#{i}"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/ballcatch")' to '@sprites["ball#{i}"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/BallCatch/ballcatch")' or '@sprites["ball#{i}"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/BallCatch/ball")'.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
I don't understand how I have to create the conditional branch that give things to the players if this variable has a certain number.
Can you tell me how with and image or something?

Thanks!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I don't understand how I have to create the conditional branch that give things to the players if this variable has a certain number.
Can you tell me how with and image or something?

Thanks!
Attached an image.

2022 EDIT: Reupload the image.

Attachments

• Event commands for prize in Ball Catch.png
    Event commands for prize in Ball Catch.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Updated to Essentials v19.1. I also added catcher sprite movement between columns, Fade Out/In and changed font color.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
I think quite a bit can be done with this! Very neat and cute concept, I adore it. An idea for anybody out there reading this is adding some kind of intro text or something similar to the start of the game so that there's a small pause for the player to brace themselves. For example, you could add text saying "Ready?" followed by "Set..." and then "GO!" (or simply skip the "Set..." and go straight to "GO!").

An idea I pose to FL is creating a way to configure the ball speed (and other settings of the minigame) without altering the main script for it (assuming such a method doesn't already exist). For instance, say you want to allow the player to choose from multiple difficulties to play the minigame in and each difficulty has a difference in speed for the falling balls. That way, the event that calls the script can be structured to where each difficulty has a command that configures the settings in CatchGameScene correspondingly. It's simply an idea.

Overall, it's good and a neat addition that adds a little flavor to any fan game I'd say.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
An idea I pose to FL is creating a way to configure the ball speed (and other settings of the minigame) without altering the main script for it (assuming such a method doesn't already exist). For instance, say you want to allow the player to choose from multiple difficulties to play the minigame in and each difficulty has a difference in speed for the falling balls. That way, the event that calls the script can be structured to where each difficulty has a command that configures the settings in CatchGameScene correspondingly. It's simply an idea.
Good idea. Added! I also added initial and final ballSpeed and FramesPerLine as parameters. In other words, the ball speed can increase as the game progress.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Updated. Added canExit parameter, true by default.

Back