• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What frustrates you in games?

Years
  • Me in fps or any other genre are commonly rage, when i accidentally jump into an hole that i fall into it when not realizing it was a hole that would probably let me into a game over and wasting lives, or when i lose to bots or online people, but i don't rage in chat like everyone in fps, i just keep calming down and not lose control at the point of insulting the other guy just because he killed me, i used to be like that in tf2 (around 2017 until december of the same year because i have quited for like 8 or 9 months or idk), but now that i returned into the game, i don't rage at chat like i did before, and when someone kills me, i just calm down and take a photo of them, but in cs 1.6 i only play with bots, because i've never touched an online server, oh and platformers count on this one.

TY

Whiffing shots, thats the only thing that makes me rage. Puts me on slight tilt too if it keeps on happening in a fps game.

I get triggered at bad RNG but then again it's cancelled out when others have bad RNG aswell.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Getting defeated by a critical hit after I'm raising my stats to win.

Or missing a move with 90% accuracy that would have won me the game.

Which happens a lot with Pokemon.

Years
  • Not sure if this counts but me being bad at them.

Well, in fps's i can only do alright with bots, because with online people i might get desesperated to get an kill with (tf2 counts on this one) and try not to die, also when i first started beating smb. for the nes, i failed at the first stage like...4 or 5 times, because i use the run button so often and i might bump into a enemy and get repeated on it (emulator, of course), well it only take a while for me to beat the game, i'm pretty sure being bad in games count too.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

RNG. RNG is everything wrong with video games. It's lazy, it's bad design, and it is not random at all. RNG is what you do when you can't be bothered to make something genuinely difficult/challenging/long to justify a reward. RNG is solely designed to frustrate completionists. RNG artificially extends the life of a video game that has significantly less content than the hours you put into it suggest, just some parts of it are determined by miniscule percentage chances that could have you playing literally forever.

RNG should not exist. Skill, not luck, should determine how good you are at a game, and holes in a game should be filled by designers, not computer-generated numbers. Fuck RNG.

...also, mandatory motion controls. I'm looking at you, Nintendo.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Honestly I don't mind Grinding, RNG, or motion controls depending on the genre.

One of the reasons I hate Fortnite (and there are MANY more, I absolutely despise the game, but that's a rant for another time) is because of all the RNG. Random drops from chests, bloom while shooting, etc... RNG does NOT belong in shooters.
    However in a turn based game like pokemon, I think it's fine. It kinda makes sense and helps add some challenge to the game.

So what annoys me then? Not having a way to track your progress. One of the reasons I haven't really touched BotW, is because it's progress tracking is... meh. There's no list of korok seeds so you can just go and see which ones you're missing. Instead, you would have to look up the locations and go to each and every one until you find the one you're missing. Doesn't seem fun to me :p

Also, not being able to get everything. Pre-patch skyrim is a good example of this. You could only get 80 out of the 250+ perks available. I don't like that :p

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Unskippable tutorials, especially when you want to replay the game and it holds your hand through the tutorial again.

And I guess this is more of a personal thing as it's not aggravating, in fact some people might even enjoy it, but I don't like it when games cram plot into games that don't need plot.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good story in games when it's fitting, but like when I picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris and it was trying to tell me a story about anthropomorphized blocks or whatever I really couldn't care less and found myself skipping all the dialogue just to get to the next puzzle.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • I have to agree with the above post. Unskippable tutorials are a nightmare when you know a game in and out already, it just causes me to start losing interest and sometimes my mind

Last edited:
    Back