• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power Outages

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I try to avoid doing anything that uses up too much battery power (phone, game systems, etc.). During the day, I'll read or try to get whatever work I can done, while I'll usually chat with family and go to bed early at night if there is no power. I also usually spend a lot of time calling the power company on the landline phone (if it's working) for restoration updates. I grew up on well water, so power outages also mean no water supply (so no functioning sinks, showers, flushable toilets, etc.), so that limited what I could do as well.

My parents have spent the better part of the past week without power, and they faced a bunch of one to two week outages while I was in college, but it's been a while since I've been around for a sustained power outage. The last one I spent extensive time at home for (five days without power) was in 2010, when Pokemon HGSS came out. I remember really wanting to play that game, but not wanting to do so for long out of fear that my DS would run out of battery power and I would be unable to play it for the rest of the outage.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Well, I have a UPS that my electronics run on, which beeps whenever there's a brownout. Blackouts it can handle too, but I'd have to be there when it happens to gracefully shut things down.

When I was a kid it usually involved our Nintendo DSes, and little else since half the time it was at night.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    When Hurricane Irma knocked out our power we stayed at my Mom's house until it came back. Ended up having to replace the fridge because of it.

Normally though I either sleep, play on my 3ds or phone, or go out and do something until the power comes on.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    If the power goes out on me, I'm going to move to another place. I'm above inconveniences like that.

Back