• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Removing the Help System in Fire Red

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Everyone should know what the help system in Fire Red is. It's that annoying blue screen that pops up every time you press the L or R buttons, until you disable it manually in game.
But wouldn't it be great if we could just remove it entirely and not have to put up with it at all?
I noticed that nobody around has seemed to post an answer to this (that I'm aware of), so I figured I'd search for one and post it.

All of the credit here goes to doesntknowhowtoplay for showing me how to do this in one simple step.

Step 1
Spoiler:

I hope this was helpful for you!

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
This is awesome, screw the help system :P Good find indeed, although shouldn't something as small as this belong in the Quick Research & Development Thread? Just a thought..

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
Years
Using which program to find the Offset?

Sorry for the bump? I need this and can't find it anywhere.

Also would like to get rid of the help screen when you start a new game if possible!

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
I'm not sure which program was used, but I've seen a tutorial around that shows how you can extract offsets from the rom using Visual Boy Advance.

As for the help screen, just search for "Diego's Miscellaneous Patches".

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
Years
Using which program to find the Offset?

Sorry for the bump? I need this and can't find it anywhere.

Also would like to get rid of the help screen when you start a new game if possible!

I'm not sure, but VBA may have a debug tool for that. Idk.

Back