• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terrakion too strong?! [OU RMT]

Years
  • Terrakion Too Strong

Ani639MS.png

Thread Title @ Karpman 2011.

At a Glance

In-Depth Look

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stealth Rock

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Roost
    - Fire Punch
    - Outrage

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt
    - Ice Fang
    - Swords Dance

Scrafty (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Ice Punch
    - Crunch

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Taunt

Thoughts? Improvements and additions? Post away!

** I'll be adding and sprucing things up in a bit when I have some more time.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    A couple of things really dont make sense with this team.

Air Balloon is rather useless on Volcarona. Its not weak to EQ, so its silly and random. Use leftovers.

Rest is useless on MOXIE scrafty, you have no cleric so will be set up fodder throughout the whole game once you rest thanks to Rests mechanics this gen. I.e once you Rest and switch out, the sleep turn counter resets to 0 and it does this each time you switch out. Use this ;

Scrafty @ Lum Berry / Leftovers / Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    trait: Moxie (with Lum, use Shed Skin otherwise)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Hi Jump Kick / Drain Weak

Hex is preferable over Ice Beam on Tenta to nail Jellicent who will try and spin block you.

Gliscor wants Taunt over Protect so you can beat PHazers and sort of beat Dragonite. You are very DD/Roost/Fire Punch/<dragon move> Multi Scale Nite weak though. Heatran over Volcarona might sort this out for you.

Years
  • A couple of things really dont make sense with this team.

Air Balloon is rather useless on Volcarona. Its not weak to EQ, so its silly and random. Use leftovers.

Rest is useless on MOXIE scrafty, you have no cleric so will be set up fodder throughout the whole game once you rest thanks to Rests mechanics this gen. I.e once you Rest and switch out, the sleep turn counter resets to 0 and it does this each time you switch out. Use this ;

Scrafty @ Lum Berry / Leftovers / Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    trait: Moxie (with Lum, use Shed Skin otherwise)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Hi Jump Kick / Drain Weak

Hex is preferable over Ice Beam on Tenta to nail Jellicent who will try and spin block you.

Gliscor wants Taunt over Protect so you can beat PHazers and sort of beat Dragonite. You are very DD/Roost/Fire Punch/<dragon move> Multi Scale Nite weak though. Heatran over Volcarona might sort this out for you.

Yeah, I kinda threw Air Balloon there because I was a little paranoid over Volcarona losing too much HP from LO/SR if Tenta is dead. :/

I'll add those changes, thanks!

Years
  • This is a very cute team you have here and there's a lot of type synergy between your mons.

I really think you should go with Ice Fang over Facade, since it can hit things like Thundurus, Dragonite, Landorus [yes, this does switch in to Gliscor] for a ton of damage, which, coupled with SR and Clever Switching will wear them down. Also, this team looks really weak to Thundurus, which is arguably the #1 Threat in the metagame in terms of sheer power, since nothing can switch in and your only options are Scrafty or Volcarona at +1. Perhaps you could use Forretress over Ferrothorn and Gastrodon over Tentacruel? Forretress is more Physically oriented as opposed to being a mixed wall like Ferrothorn, but it's no slouch, and Gastrodon is a great anti rain Pokemon, since Politoed can give you a bit of trouble as well.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Indeed you have a little trouble with our favorite thunderbro. Latios is actually your best option to deal with it as it takes an HP Ice or two and resists both Thunderbolt and Focus Blast. Buuut I think you can actually consider Raikou > Latios; it's a near-perfect check to Thundurus (and even moreso when Volt Absorb is released!) but basically you can switch in on any move save Thunder Wave probably. If you get in on a NP, just CM once because you will outspeed and you will be taking ~40% from a +2 Focus Blast (remember, you'd be at +1) and then you KO with a Thunderbolt next turn. And Raikou takes even unboosted attacks from it easily, and gives you another option to manage rain-based teams lategame. The fastest common rain abuser is Starmie and that's actually the same speed as Raikou anyway, as Swift Swimmers are fairly uncommon.

aaaaaaaand I forget what else I was going to say so I'll stop there I think lol. ohh actually I think you might want to try Heatran > Volcarona to actually handle Drought teams much better (and Volcarona is one of those Pokemon that need to have a team dedicated to them rather than just being there for funsies). From there you don't have too worry much about Spinning anymore and that frees up Tentacruel to be used for something cooler, potentially Gastrodon if you're worried about Rain teams or whatever else might cover threats. You could look into CB Zong because I always find that to be excellent glue on offensive teams (and patches up a potential SD Sawsbuck weakness too) or you could just try other cool things like Dragonite. This team has a little more work that needs to be done but you have a solid base to get things off of and you might as well throw out things that aren't working and experiment around with whatever you feel might work. This stage is the most fun part of team-building imo, seeing what works and what doesn't and then adjusting your team.

Anywayyy, good luck with your team Live!

Years
  • Indeed you have a little trouble with our favorite thunderbro. Latios is actually your best option to deal with it as it takes an HP Ice or two and resists both Thunderbolt and Focus Blast. Buuut I think you can actually consider Raikou > Latios; it's a near-perfect check to Thundurus (and even moreso when Volt Absorb is released!) but basically you can switch in on any move save Thunder Wave probably. If you get in on a NP, just CM once because you will outspeed and you will be taking ~40% from a +2 Focus Blast (remember, you'd be at +1) and then you KO with a Thunderbolt next turn. And Raikou takes even unboosted attacks from it easily, and gives you another option to manage rain-based teams lategame. The fastest common rain abuser is Starmie and that's actually the same speed as Raikou anyway, as Swift Swimmers are fairly uncommon.

aaaaaaaand I forget what else I was going to say so I'll stop there I think lol. ohh actually I think you might want to try Heatran > Volcarona to actually handle Drought teams much better (and Volcarona is one of those Pokemon that need to have a team dedicated to them rather than just being there for funsies). From there you don't have too worry much about Spinning anymore and that frees up Tentacruel to be used for something cooler, potentially Gastrodon if you're worried about Rain teams or whatever else might cover threats. You could look into CB Zong because I always find that to be excellent glue on offensive teams (and patches up a potential SD Sawsbuck weakness too) or you could just try other cool things like Dragonite. This team has a little more work that needs to be done but you have a solid base to get things off of and you might as well throw out things that aren't working and experiment around with whatever you feel might work. This stage is the most fun part of team-building imo, seeing what works and what doesn't and then adjusting your team.

Anywayyy, good luck with your team Live!

Did some updating, so now the team is as follows:

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)