• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Cover or Plume Fossil?

Years
  • Unova had my favorite pair of Fossil Pokemon and I always wished I could take both of them instead of having to pick just one. If you take the Cover Fossil you can revive it into a Tirtouga that can later evolve into a Carracosta. However if you take the Plume Fossil you can revive it into an Archen that can later evolve into an Archeops. I always loved these two Pokemon because of their amazing designs, lore and even very good anime episodes. Picking one of them wasn't easy for me so I wanted to get your opinions on these two Gen 5 Fossils.

Which one did you pick in your BW playthroughs, Cover or Plume? Did you go all the way back to Nacrene City to revive the fossil? Did you use one of these fossil Pokemon on your team? Who is your favorite Gen 5 fossil Pokemon, Carracosta or Archeops? What do you think of this Fossil pair compared to the Fossils of other regions?

I picked the Plume Fossil and I did go all the way back to Nacrene City to revive it and use it on my team. Archeops became my favorite Fossil Pokemon and one of my Top 10 favorite Pokemon of all time. I also like Carracosta a lot and I am planning to use it on my team the next time I decide to replay one of my Gen 5 games.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I picked the Plume Fossil and I had to go all the way back to Nacrene City to revive the fossil. I attempted to use Archen on my team but I learned it could not learn fly and so I had to box it and replace it with another flying type. Between Carracosta and Archeops, Archeops is my favorite design and Carracosta looks like a good Pokemon to use for your team.

Sirfetch’d

Plume! I used to be a fan of Carracosta but lately Archeops has become one of my favorite fossil Pokemon. It's a shame about it's ability but it is still really well designed and fun to use!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • oof i'm actually not a huge fan of either fossil pokemon this generation. their designs just don't appeal to me all that much, but i do prefer tirtouga and carracosta tbh. both of the fossil pokemon are fun to use, though. i've used every unova mon since i did this year long challenge w them but lol yeah. archeops' ability makes it a little annoying to use at times, but it's great until that shit kicks in.

Back