• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Shinsei -- bringing back Digimon

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 16, 2004
    Ever since the death of the Digimon anime, the online Digimon community has receded exponentially. There are only a handful of Digimon sites out there, and only a fraction of those are still functioning and up-to-date.

There is virtually nothing in our lives today to remind us of Digimon, and I, as well as many other Digimon fans, fear that we will soon forget it altogether. Many people have tried to accept the inevitable -- all things must come to an end.

But I ask why.

Pokemon is still going strong, as do many other anime. Then why not Digimon? It's pretty clear that Bandai and Toei won't continue it, so it's time to take it into our own hands. What I'm about to propose is unimaginable, but where there's a will, there's a way.

Behold Project Shinsei

Its objective is simple: that an elite group of dedicated fans will write, draw, and produce the Digimon series themselves. Impossible? Far from it.

Once these "monster makers" finish outlining the basic plot and making sketches of characters, bad guys, etc., we will take to the next step. Our group will ask Bandai and Toei for full legal rights of Digimon -- complete and total ownership.

Once that's done, we'll work to draw and animate episode after episode. Financial limitations would mean only showing the episodes online.

Now to the point. If anyone here is interested in joining this cause, please email me at [email protected] . If you know any prominent digimon or anime forums, please reply with them. I want to spread this message far and wide, in hopes of renewing the great anime that is Digimon.

G-LANCE

Fire and Dragon!!!
    Years
  • i could be the story writer, i guess.
    i know a lot about digimon, i used to be really into it.
    but i heard their making season 5, digimon gladiator, soon.
    so i really don't see why bandai and toei would hand over copyrights.

Doctor Itsy

I'm back!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 12, 2004
    You know, Digimon is on every morning on ABC Family(digital channel I forget)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 16, 2004
    It's been more than half a year since the last episode of season 4 aired. There is an immense amount of clues that point Digimon is over for good. Unless hundreds of Digimon fans online, myself included, are mistaken, Digimon is gone forever.

At least, officially...

There will be a meeting of Project supporters on Saturday, October 25, 2003, in either an IRC channel or an AIM chatroom (whichever's more convenient).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • o_O The full rights to Digimon? Aren't those worth a LOT of money? Eh.. *shrugs* It sounds like a cool idea, but it also sounds pretty far out. You know, wishful thinking. But if it works, that would be one of the coolest things I've ever heard. XD

Good luck to your cause. o.o; If there's anything I can do to help (maybe art-wise ^_^), I'll see if I can. :)

G-LANCE

Fire and Dragon!!!
    Years
  • actually, a manga might be easier to make then an anime...
    but im the writer so it doesn't matter either way.

note to lightning: the way Imaku talks about it he doesn't seem like the rights would be a lot o money.

Cherrim

Years
  • Well I'd have to doubt that... x_x; Digimon is a huge franchise. It's got games, cards, virtual pets, manga, anime, etc. o_O; It's not going to sell for cheap if it sells at all.

Cherrim

Years
  • =\ Still pretty expensive, though. Besides, I'm not the expert on legal issues, but I think you need to have the rights from the original creator/owner (aka the Japanese rights as well?) to actually go out and create a new anime or whatever. =\ *shrugs*

Cherrim

Years
  • If I get about 3 pictures practice, I can often imitate styles pretty closely. It takes me months to perfect it though. x_X;;

I can draw human characters from Digimon pretty well, though. Well, season 1-2 style. I didn't watch 3-4 much. >_>

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Lightning said:
    If I get about 3 pictures practice, I can often imitate styles pretty closely. It takes me months to perfect it though. x_X;;

I can draw human characters from Digimon pretty well, though. Well, season 1-2 style. I didn't watch 3-4 much. >_>

You have any you've drawn online? I'd love to see them. ^_^

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • personally, a manga would be easier... a show? Well we'd bemaking millions and millions and Pokecommunity will turn into dome Aniemcommunity.

I can do some manga, but I can't scan them onto computer... :(

Cherrim

Years
  • I think this is actually something started elsewhere, probably more Digimon oriented. @_@

Back