• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Dubbed] Some Pokémon episodes a little too violent for TV-Y7-FV rating?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Some Pok?mon episodes a little too violent for TV-Y7-FV rating?

If English-dubbed Pok?mon episodes were sometimes a little too violent for its TV-Y7-FV rating, do you think that it'll receive its TV-PG-V rating or what do you think might happen?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    What episodes are these? The dub especially is the most inoffensive vanilla content ever.

Episodes not like that get banned here, but the anime now is for babies worldwide. Only old Pokemon had such content at all, and that's also because it was dubbed by 4kids at the time too. Everything offended them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    It has now been currently under its dubbing by The Pok?mon Company International instead of by 4Kids Entertainment (now 4Licensing Corporation).

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Yeah and the production of the anime has become safe for babies worldwide, as I said before.

Kanto was before the series left Japan, thus it was darker at times like a typical anime. It's so PC and safe now, even 4kids wouldn't have an issue. So much so the move Earthquake is banned permanently because Japan had a major quake.

Years
  • Nah, they'd censor it right away by all the possible means but let's assume what you ask happens, I'd say yes.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I would despise if Pokemon became too violent for kids.

There's ENOUGH stuff with blood and people getting abused in this world >:( Pokemon should stay light hearted. :)

It keeps it from being depressing.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • If English-dubbed Pokémon episodes were sometimes a little too violent for its TV-Y7-FV rating, do you think that it'll receive its TV-PG-V rating or what do you think might happen?

I doubt Pokemon company is that stupid to put Pokemon on Adult swim, but heck they put DB there, so who knows?

Too be fair, the pokemon anime is "mature" in japan as well (while still being a kids show) so 4kids/pokemon company must censore it

Last edited:

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • I would like to see some of these "violent" episdoes... over the last 20 years I dont think I have ever seen anything that could be classed more then "PG/U"

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • There's really no super violent episodes tho most actual violent content is toned down. But if the safari zone episode was dubbed it would be tv pg

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • There's really no super violent episodes tho most actual violent content is toned down. But if the safari zone episode was dubbed it would be tv pg

Eh I'd have to agree on the Safari Zone one, even though its still relatively tame by other Animated shows. The only Episode I'm actually in favor of removing from circulation was the Porygon Episode. The fact it caused seizures is reason enough to never show it again. However, every other Episode, including the infamous "Beach Beauty Contest" Episode would be shown uncensored(fake breasts and all).

Rather than debating whether its too violent, we should look at whether we got screwed on the OST. Ever watched an Episode in Japanese and then the very same Episode in English? You'll notice glaring differences with regards to the OST(like May, Dawn and Serena's theme for example).

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • The only Episode I'm actually in favor of removing from circulation was the Porygon Episode. The fact it caused seizures is reason enough to never show it again.

Rather than debating whether its too violent, we should look at whether we got screwed on the OST. Ever watched an Episode in Japanese and then the very same Episode in English? You'll notice glaring differences with regards to the OST(like May, Dawn and Serena's theme for example).

1.I have seen that flashing and i haven't got seizure, only a strange feeling
    2.Yeah i wonder how the Pokemon tower theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKz-fQJpzOA sounds in an episode....but for the love of God, this is how it would be if Pokemon Red/Green was remade in 3D ala Pokemon Ruby/Saphhire

Back