• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
I might as well just ask this now, because I'm kind of confused.
When you decompile a script, you don't get the original right? I mean, I can recode the script, so it's not that much of a problem, but I was wondering if there was a way to get the original script (Before I compiled it) back.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
edit: nvm but I have another problem:

My script didn't work. Instead the prof gives the player a lot of question marks after disappearing and never led the player where I wanted the prof to lead them. The player movement works at least. Which is odd.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Can anyone see why this sometimes only says "RING RING" and then does nothing afterwards?

It's either meant to go to one of the [IURL="showthread.php?p=5043422#yesno"]YESNO messages[/IURL] or not ring at all. :/

(Spoiler'ed because it's a bt long. xD)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Spoiler:

Well, this is what happens in the script. You talk to a grunt, who is counting boxes, and he wants you to go to the storage room to find the box code for the Super Potion box. When you talk to the box, and find out the code, a flag activates, and when you talk to him again, he gives you a Super Potion as a reward. Then another flag sets after that dialogue so the game knows he already gave you a super potion. Everything works fine, except this line.
Spoiler:

He says that twice, but never gives you the Super Potion. Any help?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
I'm using FireRed and XSE. How would I go about making a trainerbattle script that has a checkgender section to allow different before and after messages when you beat the trainer. It should be real simple, but its my first time attempting to use 2 scripts (no better way for me to explain it), and if I can get an example of how its done, I'd be able and try to make the scripts myself.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
you need to use a checkgender 0x0 means boy 0x1 girl also if you want a message afterwords you need to do a offical battle 0x1 not a standerared battle 0x0

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
you need to use a checkgender 0x0 means boy 0x1 girl also if you want a message afterwords you need to do a offical battle 0x1 not a standerared battle 0x0
Would you be so kind as to give me what the script would look like in code?

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
i need help with rebattling trainers, i have the script but dont know if its right
plz help

#org 0x87427CE
'-----------------------------------
cleartrainerflag 0x25B
trainerbattle 0x0 0x25B 0x0 0x87427E8 0x87427FC
msgbox 0x874280C ' I can also say somet...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
end

#org 0x87427E8
= I will crush you!!!

#org 0x87427FC
= You crushed me[.]

#org 0x874280C
= I can also say something after the battle

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Would you be so kind as to give me what the script would look like in code?
Code:
#org @start
checkgender
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @girl
msgbox @boy
release
end

#org @girl
msgbox @girl_txt 0x6
release
end

#org @boy
= Hey bro, let's go skateboard!

#org @girl_txt
= Hello sis, can you take me to\nthe mall?
It should explain itself :)

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
could someone please help with a script i could use to rebattle a trainer once that i have added into my map because when i use the clear/check/set trainer commands, the trainer just keeps rebattling me on and on... and now its just annoying that i cant get passed this problem

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
could someone please help with a script i could use to rebattle a trainer once that i have added into my map because when i use the clear/check/set trainer commands, the trainer just keeps rebattling me on and on... and now its just annoying that i cant get passed this problem
Maybe you should try decompiling the trainers of Sevault Canyon and see how they make the rebattle function work.

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
this helps a bit but it takes to long for them to rebattle me and i cant change their text without it changing the origanal trainer so need help still :(

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
Hey guys,
I have major problems with the applymovement command.
I've posted a video on youtube to show you what I mean, because it's hard to explain for me ^^
ww w.yout ube.co m/wa tch?v=o OlxzxYdK Xo (please delete the spaces!)
As the video says, the script is in the description!
Please help!

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Hey guys,
I have major problems with the applymovement command.
I've posted a video on youtube to show you what I mean, because it's hard to explain for me ^^
ww w.yout ube.co m/wa tch?v=o OlxzxYdK Xo (please delete the spaces!)
As the video says, the script is in the description!
Please help!

I'm not sure, but that is definitely the weirdest crap I have ever seen xD. My only suggestion is is to redo the Script on a different offset.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
Well, actually this is the 3rd time and the 3rd offset I'm trying this one on.... The script seems right to me, because in every single tut they do an applymovement script it looks like this...
EDIT: Just tried another script... still doesn't work... same result... Anyone an idea what i'm doing wrong?
Please Help me!!

Last edited:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Well, actually this is the 3rd time and the 3rd offset I'm trying this one on.... The script seems right to me, because in every single tut they do an applymovement script it looks like this...
EDIT: Just tried another script... still doesn't work... same result... Anyone an idea what i'm doing wrong?
Please Help me!!

I am not sure. What Scripting Program are you using, and where did you refer to this Script from (because you might have referred to a FR/LG Script, which would give a different effect in R/S/E, hence this problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back