• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Fire Red multi-language translations

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
Hi, this first started out as a project to get Fire Red into all of the Nordic languages, but now we're adding whichever other languages people are willing to translate. Since all the translations are for the same game, I'll just post screenshots of whichever is the furthest unless someone asks for a different language. Basically, this is just because I want there to be more videogames in other languages, not just for native speakers but for people who are studying the language and want a fun way to study.

In-progress translations are: Icelandic, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Danish.
Tentative translations: Faroese.
Translations I REALLY want: Greenlandic and Faroese.
You can see the translations and original English posted here, although some get proof-read by another speaker so they might not be completely updated: http://mynameisoak.tumblr.com/

If you want to translate, just let me know! I'll give you the text and do the text insertion.

Screenshots:

screenshot20110628at122.png

screenshot20110628at123.png

screenshot20110628at123.png

screenshot20110711at103.png

If you have corrections or questions, please let me know. So far the language furthest along is Finnish. The first teaser patch will be out once the translation finishes through Cerulean, but it might not have all item names, menu options, et cetera translated because those are stored in a different area.

Last edited:

kringlur

Years
Update: We might get a Faroese translator. They said they probably can't do anything until August, but we'll see - in the meantime, if you know anyone who would translate for any language just let me know.

It might be good if I compile a list of how we've translated, or other groups/the anime dubbers have translated, various names and attacks into each language. What do you think?

If you know anyone who might be able to help me with this please pass on my problem:

I need to change the font graphics so that I can add letters that aren't already in the game (such as ð and þ), and for another project I also need to be able to edit them so I can change them to look like the font used in the first generation. These translations can't be put into the game if I can't fix this.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I'm translating a US Fire Red into Esperanto - would you be interesting in including it into your first post if I finish it?

kringlur

Years
I'm translating a US Fire Red into Esperanto - would you be interesting in including it into your first post if I finish it?

Yeah, that'd be great!

UPDATE: I don't know if I should be posting here or making a new thread, as at least one of the forums has a "don't post if the thread is over a month old" rule.

Demo patch for Finnish is out!

tumblr_lrktxncuq51qlgf55o1_r1_500.png

Finnish demo patch instructions:
Get a patching program (I use Lunar IPS), apply the patch to a Pokémon Fire Red ROM. Then you can play the game with the Finnish translations we have so far!

Please comment if the text goes outside the textbox, mistakes in spelling, or other such things. Feel free to post screenshots.

The patch covers from the beginning of the game to all the houses in Cerulean city. No routes are translated so the trainers will be speaking English on those. There are two places where there should be a translation but I'm having a problem with the program I'm using where it won't save the changed text in those places. Menu items, options, and other such things aren't translated yet.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 22, 2015
Hi im florian im from kosovo i wish to translate pokemon fire red in my language english doesn't bother me but i wanna do it for some friends.
So can i participate in your quest for more languages on pokémon? Thank you.

Back