• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is Sun and Moon UA going to end???

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The thought of bringing in all the past companions is an intriguing one but it has just major and glaring issue: Reason to bring them there in the first place. Brock and Misty have excuses being that they're on vacation visiting but their goals aren't hampered by them doing so. Meaning the "Performer" Girls in May, Dawn and Serena would need a convincing hook or reason to show up there as opposed to Dawn during Unova. Iris has reason to show up as much as Misty does being a Dragon Master in training and wanting to test herself against Ash again. We can also throw in former rivals like Gary, Paul and Trip but like the companions, what reason is there for them to suddenly show up out of the blue and furthermore detracts from regional rivals in Kiawe(appears to be one now), Hau and Gladion.

Plus you also have May's Japanese VA issue to deal with if she was to make a return.

Well, to be fair, Gary at least could use the excuse of trying to investigate fossils in Alola to make an appearance (since he's dedicated to finding and reviving fossil Pokémon), and even Paul and Trip could at least use the set up league as an excuse to reappear (I mean, not like there's going to be much challengers in Alola as it is). But yeah, unless they conveniently have a Pokémon Contest going on in Alola, there's definitely no way May, Dawn, and Serena can make it through without making it look like they just interrupted their own goals (it was already bad enough that Dawn visited Unova despite its lack of contests. At least May had the interregional contest ribbon for the Wallace Cup as an excuse to technically interrupt her own goal by going to Sinnoh when she was supposed to be pursuing contests in Sinnoh). And that's not even taking into account how KAORI, May's VA, effectively pulled a Hillary Duff by becoming a singer over an actress. And yeah, Iris really needs a good opportunity to get in (especially after how she was gypped from an appearance in Kalos. Which is a shame, because at least she actually could go to Kalos without it interfering with her goal). She's the only person besides Misty and Brock that I wish to return at least once.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    For once i have to agree with weedle when it comes to iris. If theres one thing about xy that disappointed me it was that they broke the trend of the last pokegirl visited during the next region. I wouldve loved to see iris get super excited over ash's noibat/noivern and freak out about fairies since theyre super effective against dragons. But we didnt get anything.

Honestly since we've seen misty and brock twice now i feel like we're not going ro be seeing anyone else. Also since sm was more of a hard reset than even best wishes (after all rica voices ash as if hes only journeyed through kanto so).

But hey. Maybe theyll surprise us.

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
    Years
  • For once i have to agree with weedle when it comes to iris. If theres one thing about xy that disappointed me it was that they broke the trend of the last pokegirl visited during the next region. I wouldve loved to see iris get super excited over ash's noibat/noivern and freak out about fairies since theyre super effective against dragons. But we didnt get anything.

Honestly since we've seen misty and brock twice now i feel like we're not going ro be seeing anyone else. Also since sm was more of a hard reset than even best wishes (after all rica voices ash as if hes only journeyed through kanto so).

Pretty sure the writers said past regions/people were not impossible so maybe they can still return. I would not be shocked if the last part of SM is full on fan service. Like they get the league out of the way by late spring/early summer and everything after is this one big free for all since they really can't do anything else since after the league Gen 7 will have been done. I'd love to see Alola get a contest and Ash shows everyone what to do or an old rival appears and maybe Kiwai challenges him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    For once i have to agree with weedle when it comes to iris. If theres one thing about xy that disappointed me it was that they broke the trend of the last pokegirl visited during the next region. I wouldve loved to see iris get super excited over ash's noibat/noivern and freak out about fairies since theyre super effective against dragons. But we didnt get anything.

I'd say OS (they did, after all, reference Ash's trek through Johto in the Kanto Reunion arc).

And yeah, they really should bring Iris in, see how she's doing with her goal. At least she doesn't have contests as a restriction unlike the others (especially when Alola neither has contests nor does it even have a similar goal).

We might see Misty and Brock three times (and personally, I really think they should have Misty resume her Water Pokémon Master goal at this point. That was her goal before the idiot writers and Misty's sisters forced her out of it).

Years
  • I am hoping that Serena could return instead of Iris, her voice actress, Mayuki Makiguchi, can still voice her and she was casted cast by an 81 Produce Agency casting assitance, so i am hope she'll come back as well.

Some voice actress went to become and famous VAs for their breakthrough role. For example: Iris voice actress, Aoi Yuuki, became an famous voice actress upon landing her lead role as Madoka Kaname of Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
    Misty's voice actress, Mayumi ilzuka, is already getting older and her voice could mature as she ages, but she is still enough to reprise her old role Misty as long she can.
    Lillie's voice actress, Kei Shindo, is still somewhat popular for other roles by Anime fans.

And i hoping these voice actress could reprise their roles for sure, but May could be replaced by someone instead of her, Ayane Sakura is an perfect choice for her replacement.

(sorry for my poor English)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • It looks like it may have just ended actually.

Serebii.net only has a japanese title for the next episode and lists it's air date as '2019'

Admittedly my cable guide is also not listing what the episode that is airing this upcoming weekend actually is.

Looks like it might be on hiatus again. If so... it may be on an extended hiatus this time since it didn't go on hiatus around the normal/regular time it usually does.

So I'm not expecting it to not come back with new english dubbed episodes until possibly April or May.

:irate-stare:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It looks like it may have just ended actually.

Serebii.net only has a japanese title for the next episode and lists it's air date as '2019'

Admittedly my cable guide is also not listing what the episode that is airing this upcoming weekend actually is.

Looks like it might be on hiatus again. If so... it may be on an extended hiatus this time since it didn't go on hiatus around the normal/regular time it usually does.

So I'm not expecting it to not come back with new english dubbed episodes until possibly April or May.

There are two Japanese episodes announced thus far that haven't aired yet, and both involve Meltan. And just as an FYI, the episodes air this Sunday and next Sunday, respectively. And they'll probably announce new episodes sooner or later. Most likely Serebii forgot to update.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • There are two Japanese episodes announced thus far that haven't aired yet, and both involve Meltan. And just as an FYI, the episodes air this Sunday and next Sunday, respectively. And they'll probably announce new episodes sooner or later. Most likely Serebii forgot to update.

I meant the english dubbed version of the anime. There is no english title for the episode after "Turning the Other Mask!"

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I meant the english dubbed version of the anime. There is no english title for the episode after "Turning the Other Mask!"

I mentioned that roughly a week ago that they've yet to announce Episode 93 onward. So far nothing has changed on the airing front and I've looked as far ahead as March 12th(or a Tuesday two weeks from now) and they're re-airing SuMo 79 and 80 the 11th and 12th respectively. March 13th onward isn't available via the source I'm pulling from and whether its 100% legit I can't put my guarantee behind. Assuming they stick to the re-airing schedule, they'll hit Episode 92 on Sunday March 24th. If they go and continue the "re-airing" from Episode 44, they won't hit Episode 92 again until Saturday May 11th.

May is typically when they switch to Summer programming since Schools are finishing up and going on Summer break. As such, I'm going to estimate that they stick to that long hiatus and then do a Season 22 rollout by releasing 1 Episode/day starting Sunday May 12th and going all the way to Saturday May 18th with Episode 99. They'd still be 4 weeks behind at that point had they not stopped so they could opt to air until Monday May 20th and Episode 101 before going to a 1 Episode/week schedule on Mondays(like last Summer).

Meaning, for those who are waiting on Brock and Misty's return Episodes, they probably won't be coming until late May or early June.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I mentioned that roughly a week ago that they've yet to announce Episode 93 onward. So far nothing has changed on the airing front and I've looked as far ahead as March 12th(or a Tuesday two weeks from now) and they're re-airing SuMo 79 and 80 the 11th and 12th respectively. March 13th onward isn't available via the source I'm pulling from and whether its 100% legit I can't put my guarantee behind. Assuming they stick to the re-airing schedule, they'll hit Episode 92 on Sunday March 24th. If they go and continue the "re-airing" from Episode 44, they won't hit Episode 92 again until Saturday May 11th.

May is typically when they switch to Summer programming since Schools are finishing up and going on Summer break. As such, I'm going to estimate that they stick to that long hiatus and then do a Season 22 rollout by releasing 1 Episode/day starting Sunday May 12th and going all the way to Saturday May 18th with Episode 99. They'd still be 4 weeks behind at that point had they not stopped so they could opt to air until Monday May 20th and Episode 101 before going to a 1 Episode/week schedule on Mondays(like last Summer).

Meaning, for those who are waiting on Brock and Misty's return Episodes, they probably won't be coming until late May or early June.

Sounds like 'too-long-of-a-hiatus' if I've ever heard one. :irate-stare:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Sounds like 'too-long-of-a-hiatus' if I've ever heard one. :irate-stare:

Yeah I know but what can you do :/. They have other programming to promote such as the final Season of Star vs. the Forces of Evil(popularity of that show is bonkers), Star Wars Resistance(first season should be coming to an end soon), and other shows. I went back to my old source and I've managed to determine that March 13-15 is Episodes 81-83 and Episode 84 airs March 18 or the following Monday. I can't see beyond that for some reason but assuming they keep that pace, they'll finish up sometime around Thursday March 28th on the reruns. Something tells me they'll be doing another round of reruns because Disney are dicks like that and it's too early to switch to Summer programming. Meaning if they did that, we could be looking at June... TLDR: I have no idea when Episode 93 and Season 22 will start.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yeah I know but what can you do :/. They have other programming to promote such as the final Season of Star vs. the Forces of Evil(popularity of that show is bonkers), Star Wars Resistance(first season should be coming to an end soon), and other shows. I went back to my old source and I've managed to determine that March 13-15 is Episodes 81-83 and Episode 84 airs March 18 or the following Monday. I can't see beyond that for some reason but assuming they keep that pace, they'll finish up sometime around Thursday March 28th on the reruns. Something tells me they'll be doing another round of reruns because Disney are dicks like that and it's too early to switch to Summer programming. Meaning if they did that, we could be looking at June... TLDR: I have no idea when Episode 93 and Season 22 will start.

So, Star's final season is going to be wrapped up? Eh, was kind of expecting that after they included backgrounds of two people kissing (that aren't a man and a woman, I mean).

Not sure if Resistance is going to last very long, though. Didn't its first teaser get a lot of downvotes on YouTube or something?

Well, either way, we're in for a long wait regarding anything Pokémon-related in terms of the English dub of Pokémon, at least.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So, Star's final season is going to be wrapped up? Eh, was kind of expecting that after they included backgrounds of two people kissing (that aren't a man and a woman, I mean).

Not sure if Resistance is going to last very long, though. Didn't its first teaser get a lot of downvotes on YouTube or something?

Well, either way, we're in for a long wait regarding anything Pokémon-related in terms of the English dub of Pokémon, at least.

Star's final season had nothing to do with what you assume but rather that the creator wanted to wrap things up like Alex Hirsch did with Gravity Falls. Namely all shows aren't meant to last and Star isn't any different. We will see on Resistance, however I don't think it has the staying power that Clone Wars or even Rebels did due to the fact that Clone Wars was really well done and Rebels benefited from the fact it's set during the Galactic Civil War and had Thrawn as an Antagonist. Resistance is trying to capture on Episode 7 and 8 and I don't think it's going to work. Shame really but Disney is due to fail at some point.

As for the Pokémon Anime, yeah it's gong to be awhile. I'll update this or create a new thread if I find out when it resumes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Star's final season had nothing to do with what you assume but rather that the creator wanted to wrap things up like Alex Hirsch did with Gravity Falls. Namely all shows aren't meant to last and Star isn't any different. We will see on Resistance, however I don't think it has the staying power that Clone Wars or even Rebels did due to the fact that Clone Wars was really well done and Rebels benefited from the fact it's set during the Galactic Civil War and had Thrawn as an Antagonist. Resistance is trying to capture on Episode 7 and 8 and I don't think it's going to work. Shame really but Disney is due to fail at some point.

As for the Pokémon Anime, yeah it's gong to be awhile. I'll update this or create a new thread if I find out when it resumes.

There's also the 65-episode rule on Disney (I think the only series to avert that was Kim Possible), but yeah, that too. As far as Clone Wars, I wasn't fond of the movie, but from what I gather of the TV show, continuity issues aside it was alright (wasn't sure about the Mortis arc, though. That pretty much hinted at a literal balance to the Force despite Lucas's earlier claims, and apparently Lucas conceived of that arc). Rebels... look, I know the Empire are the bad guys, and the Rebels have to survive somehow, but having the Empire constantly lose a'la Team Rocket's defeat by Ash's Caterpie was just too much (not sure if that or the Ewoks was more humiliating). Hard to take a regime like the Empire seriously if they constantly lose to the Rebels, come across as a joke. Doesn't help either that the Rebels engaged in behavior that's technically closer to being outright villainous and yet were depicted as good (like their slaughtering a civilian mining guild for their fuel). And I wasn't really fond of the Sequel Trilogy for a variety of reasons, so I'm not likely to be fond of Resistance for that reason alone (that being said, at least the First Order are based on Nazis and North Koreans, so I have an easier time rooting against them than I do the Empire thanks to Lucas admitting he based the Empire on America).

And yeah, we'll see regarding Pokémon and when it continues airing regarding the English dub.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • There's also the 65-episode rule on Disney (I think the only series to avert that was Kim Possible), but yeah, that too. As far as Clone Wars, I wasn't fond of the movie, but from what I gather of the TV show, continuity issues aside it was alright (wasn't sure about the Mortis arc, though. That pretty much hinted at a literal balance to the Force despite Lucas's earlier claims, and apparently Lucas conceived of that arc). Rebels... look, I know the Empire are the bad guys, and the Rebels have to survive somehow, but having the Empire constantly lose a'la Team Rocket's defeat by Ash's Caterpie was just too much (not sure if that or the Ewoks was more humiliating). Hard to take a regime like the Empire seriously if they constantly lose to the Rebels, come across as a joke. Doesn't help either that the Rebels engaged in behavior that's technically closer to being outright villainous and yet were depicted as good (like their slaughtering a civilian mining guild for their fuel). And I wasn't really fond of the Sequel Trilogy for a variety of reasons, so I'm not likely to be fond of Resistance for that reason alone (that being said, at least the First Order are based on Nazis and North Koreans, so I have an easier time rooting against them than I do the Empire thanks to Lucas admitting he based the Empire on America).

And yeah, we'll see regarding Pokémon and when it continues airing regarding the English dub.

Rebels was 75 Episodes so I don't think there is such a thing as 65 Episode ceiling for series. If there was, then tell that to all the Mickey Mouse/Disney Junior series that have been running for years now. As for Rebels, honestly the Empire didn't "lose" in the manner you think they did. Season 1, eh perhaps you might have a point but only because the Empire underestimated the Rebels in that sector/season. Season 2 was full on Darth Vader while the Rebels try to find a new Home for themselves since the Empire counter-attacks during Season 2 and kicks their ass in spots. At the end of Season 2 though, Vader has a nice run-in with Ahsoka, his former apprentice and hence get a climax that wasn't half bad.

Result of that outcome though left Vader badly wounded and hence a new Antagonist had to take over and they couldn't have picked a better Admiral than Thrawn. He literally makes Season 3 and Season 4 a joy to watch and the end of Season 3 is honest to god the true highpoint of the series. Not to say Season 4 is bad but when you got a full on blockade in which you whip the Rebels ass and begin a planetary bombardment and landing... yeah that's Empire showing their brute strength and Thrawn's tactical genius.

Clone Wars I thought was ok. I thought it had much more mature tone than anything Disney has put out in recent memory(tons of characters died on that show and far more than on Rebels). Even though the continuity seemed out of whack, I kind of let it slide. If Clone Wars did anything right, it was showing how lethal and resourceful Bounty Hunters were(Cad Bane specifically).

As for Pokemon yeah, I'll post something if I learn anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Rebels was 75 Episodes so I don't think there is such a thing as 65 Episode ceiling for series. If there was, then tell that to all the Mickey Mouse/Disney Junior series that have been running for years now. As for Rebels, honestly the Empire didn't "lose" in the manner you think they did. Season 1, eh perhaps you might have a point but only because the Empire underestimated the Rebels in that sector/season. Season 2 was full on Darth Vader while the Rebels try to find a new Home for themselves since the Empire counter-attacks during Season 2 and kicks their ass in spots. At the end of Season 2 though, Vader has a nice run-in with Ahsoka, his former apprentice and hence get a climax that wasn't half bad.

Result of that outcome though left Vader badly wounded and hence a new Antagonist had to take over and they couldn't have picked a better Admiral than Thrawn. He literally makes Season 3 and Season 4 a joy to watch and the end of Season 3 is honest to god the true highpoint of the series. Not to say Season 4 is bad but when you got a full on blockade in which you whip the Rebels ass and begin a planetary bombardment and landing... yeah that's Empire showing their brute strength and Thrawn's tactical genius.

Clone Wars I thought was ok. I thought it had much more mature tone than anything Disney has put out in recent memory(tons of characters died on that show and far more than on Rebels). Even though the continuity seemed out of whack, I kind of let it slide. If Clone Wars did anything right, it was showing how lethal and resourceful Bounty Hunters were(Cad Bane specifically).

As for Pokemon yeah, I'll post something if I learn anything.

I do know that Even Stevens, The Proud Family, Aladdin, Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa, and Lizzie McGuire often ended by the time they reached 65 episodes, to such an extent that it was unofficially called the 65 episode rule. Though if Star did in fact end at 75 episodes, must admit that it's a first that it ended beyond 75 episodes since Kim Possible.

As far as Rebels, okay, I'll give you Vader and maybe Thrawn (too bad Thrawn, while very calculating by the standards of the show, paled in comparison to his original incarnation). Still, seeing the Rebels win too many times leaves a sore taste in my mouth. And like I said, I didn't mind the Clone Wars TV series too much (it's more the movie that I wasn't fond of).

Let's hope we'll hear something soon. Heck, I'm spending a lot of time waiting for SEAL Team to resume airing (it stopped after the Super Bowl for unknown reasons, and isn't due back until late March, either the 13th or the 20th), so I know exactly how people are feeling about the dub taking too long as it is. And other than The World's Best, I can't imagine what's causing the holdup.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Um... nevermind.

Serebi.net just posted a new news item stating that the next english dubbed season/episode will be airing on March 23rd.

This is an acceptable hiatus length for me.

As long as it doesn't air a new episode a day or switch the new episodes to freaking Mondays again like they did last year/before. :shaking-head-no:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Um... nevermind.

Serebi.net just posted a new news item stating that the next english dubbed season/episode will be airing on March 23rd.

This is an acceptable hiatus length for me.

As long as it doesn't air a new episode a day or switch the new episodes to freaking Mondays again like they did last year/before. :shaking-head-no:

Sorry to break it to you but based on another source I use from time to time, they're airing Episodes 93-100 from March 23rd to March 30th or 1 Episode/day. No info beyond that though. Meaning if they go back to 1 new Episode/week on Saturdays, Episode 101 would be April 6th and the two Episodes involving Brock and Misty would be after that on April 13th and April 20th respectively.

Forgot to add though that Episode 92 is effectively the end to SuMo Ultra Adventures. In a way, this topic can be locked now seeing as the topic question has been answered. A new topic regarding Season 23 can be created though if anyone wants to do speculation on that.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Sorry to break it to you but based on another source I use from time to time, they're airing Episodes 93-100 from March 23rd to March 30th or 1 Episode/day. No info beyond that though. Meaning if they go back to 1 new Episode/week on Saturdays, Episode 101 would be April 6th and the two Episodes involving Brock and Misty would be after that on April 13th and April 20th respectively.

Forgot to add though that Episode 92 is effectively the end to SuMo Ultra Adventures. In a way, this topic can be locked now seeing as the topic question has been answered. A new topic regarding Season 23 can be created though if anyone wants to do speculation on that.

:pouting:

Back