• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    lol
    I'll add checking rse/frlg so you can't
    and if you surpass those checks then you got issues
    So to trade between the original Gen. III games, you have to go through PalPark and not the Pokémon Center? And the checks will prevent the bringing in of Gen. IV pokemon?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • So to trade between the original Gen. III games, you have to go through PalPark and not the Pokémon Center? And the checks will prevent the bringing in of Gen. IV pokemon?

The thing is you're not allowed to trade with gen 3 bases or other hacks in pokecenters
    for pal park you get the gen 3 ones

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Fabulous Hack!
    Here's a suggestion: why not just focus on the full demake of platinum-pt red? After finishing the red version,you may continue to work for the blue version with whole new areas and plots. By then, we people can enjoy pt on android phones or computers with myboy or other gba emulators as soon as possible.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • Fabulous Hack!
    Here's a suggestion: why not just focus on the full demake of platinum-pt red? After finishing the red version,you may continue to work for the blue version with whole new areas and plots. By then, we people can enjoy pt on android phones or computers with myboy or other gba emulators as soon as possible.

Agreed.

this is what GoGo and we decided, don't know about now :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I'm curious on how Pal Park will work in platinum red. only reason it worked on the ds was cause it had a gba slot built into the two models of the ds. Unless Gogo is planning on some tool that can replicate that feature.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    A suggestion:How about getting screenshots of the maps in the real platinum and then photoshop them so as to use the original tiles ? Maybe these tiles can be nicer and create a fake-3d effect?[especially, i mean, outdoor tiles]

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • A suggestion:How about getting screenshots of the maps in the real platinum and then photoshop them so as to use the original tiles ? Maybe these tiles can be nicer and create a fake-3d effect?[especially, i mean, outdoor tiles]

Well, it's not that hard to rip off tiles from screeny. Why not though :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    @gogo: Plus, you don't need to capture too many screens. Just some major, typical houses are enough[like gyms and pm centers]. Since players never pay too much attention to the appearance of grasses or hills(we just wanna pass through them quickly lol)

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • @gogo: Plus, you don't need to capture too many screens. Just some major, typical houses are enough[like gyms and pm centers]. Since players never pay too much attention to the appearance of grasses or hills(we just wanna pass through them quickly lol)

The thing with doing that is that you'd have some 3d in it so you'd have like a house distorted while the ground is perfectly flat or something like that
    When you rip you take its native 2d form, so it looks a lot better on gba, which is what attracts you guys to my e4 tiles

Also I hear that the clock is a little off, it's just the 1. Look
    xYqXZ.jpg

http://snag.gy/xYqXZ.jpg
    Fits perfectly right? :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    The thing with doing that is that you'd have some 3d in it so you'd have like a house distorted while the ground is perfectly flat or something like that
    When you rip you take its native 2d form, so it looks a lot better on gba, which is what attracts you guys to my e4 tiles

Also I hear that the clock is a little off, it's just the 1. Look
    xYqXZ.jpg

http://snag.gy/xYqXZ.jpg
    Fits perfectly right? :D

ok, i get your points.

eh..about the Pokétch: it's lucky to fit right in the borders...but why not use a smaller size? is this a technical problem?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • ok, i get your points.

eh..about the Pokétch: it's lucky to fit right in the borders...but why not use a smaller size? is this a technical problem?

Sorta yeah
    But then again I don't wanna have to re-do the sprites again lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Sorta yeah
    But then again I don't wanna have to re-do the sprites again lol

anyway, Pokétch on gba is truly innovative! btw, if possible, provide two colors of the poketch according to the character's gender~ :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • anyway, Pokétch on gba is truly innovative! btw, if possible, provide two colors of the poketch according to the character's gender~ :D

Already done
    that was part of the starting off that I did :D

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Good question..
    Nobody really thought about pal park.
    Maybe rse/frlg to pl red/blue? How bout that?

Oh! Oh! I did!

I've got a text document with research on data transfers somewhere, I should get back to it after the Distortion World.
    But although I've got ideas on how to do Pal Park, I haven't actually started coding it yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back