• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue Screen of Death, Stop Code 0x000000E4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • On my Dell Inspiron 1750, I recently was getting frequent blue screens of death. So, I did a system recovery to restore it to factory condition. But, the blue screens continue to occur now. It gives stop code 0x000000E4. These blue screens even occur during safe mode. Sometimes they don't occur for hours, sometimes they occur within 20 minutes or shorter, sometimes they occur right after logging on. What is wrong with this, and how can I fix it? The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The computer is almost 2 years old. I have already used Windows Memory Diagnostics, which found no problems. I have also already removed one RAM chip, and the other RAM chip and ran it with just one, and blue screens still occurred. I already know a place where I can get the RAM; I already know how to change RAM. I just don't want to waste my money if that's not the culprit.

Also, after the E4 code, it says in parentheses:
    0x0000000000000001 0xFFFFF88001DF0000 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    System recovery? What do you mean?
    Did you do system restore or did you actually go through a destructive reinstall?
    Remember, several things can cause blue screens. Hardware issue, driver issue, a rootkit, crappy software, etc etc etc.

If you performed a destructive reinstall, then I doubt that your blue screens would be software related.

What I suggest you do is first run through mem test using a live disk. If the problem was with RAM then you should've gotten a blue screen every time you booted almost right away, so I am hesitant to say right away that RAM is the culprit but it's still possible.

Years
  • It's cuz you're using a Dell.

You might need a new hard drive. The only thing a system restore will do is restore settings. If something is wrong with the computer itself it probably won't fix it.

Guest123_x1

From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560336(v=vs.85).aspx :
    The WORKER_INVALID bug check has a value of 0x000000E4. This indicates that memory that should not contain an executive worker item does contain such an item, or that a currently active worker item was queued.
    In your case, parameter 1 (the first set of numbers after the E4 code) indicates an active worker item was queued.
    A number of issues can cause this error-ranging from faulty RAM to corrupt device drivers or system files, or your hard drive may have bad sectors (thereby corrupting files stored in those bad areas as the system will not be able to read them properly).
    If you can get into a administrative command prompt (Run As Administrator, assuming you have UAC turned on), try running 'chkdsk c: /r' (the "/r" does a surface scan to find and mark bad sectors so that they can't be used for anything again). Note that using this command on your system partition will ask you to schedule it on next reboot in order for the check to commence. Answer yes to schedule the check and reboot.
    This may or may not solve your problem. If it doesn't solve the problem, then it's likely some system files may have been written/located on bad areas of your hard disk, which is what chkdsk /r will check for. If it does find bad sectors (the report after chkdsk finishes will show "n KB in bad sectors", and will be recorded to your event log), then it's likely your hard disk is going bad and should be replaced.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back