• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zemanahrad is in Kanto... Again...

Years
  • Kanto Festival in Pok?mon Fire Red

yqpYaDH.png

INTRODUCTION

I hate you Dragon... I planned on doing regular playthrough of Kanto and Kalos and post them here and now it'll look like I'm doing it only for a reward. I mean who would play through Kanto for the 8th time this year on their own? Only CodeHelmetpsychopat would do that!
    Anyway... You probably haven't read any of my Challenges post, so you don't know what my logs are all about. If you're expecting detailed log of my run with every single detail like what move did I use against Lass Sally or what Pok?mon I had in the 3rd slot in my party when I entered Route 18 for the 1st time, you're in the wrong place.
    Like I mentioned before, I play Pok?mon games a lot, so you can't expect me to find joy in writing this kind of log. So, what can you expect? Me ranting about stuff. Be it any part of the game, Pok?mon I either use or had hard time battling against or even something from the real world (I remember talking about Detroit: Become Human in 2 different updates on one of my Challenge).

Now, let's talk about this Let's Play. Recently, I realized that I don't remember my 1st team in Red - which was 2nd Pok?mon game I've ever played, 1st being Yellow. So I wanted to play through Kanto again, without any limitation and create something I could call my "canon team". I'll try to be close to my Red run, but bring new things to the table.

I remember only few things about the run:
    - I remember using Bulbasaur (But that could as well be Bulbasaur from Yellow). For a long time I loved Grass-Types and Bulbasaur was right Starter because it's effective against Brock and Misty. So I might use it this time too. And I haven't used Bulbasaur as starter this year yet, so I think I'll really use it.
    - I caught Clefairy, because I though it's really rare Pok?mon. I don't remember using it, but I definitely caught it.
    - I haven't used any Pok?mon that requires trade, because I couldn't trade. But I would like to use one this time.
    - I think I've used Flareon, because Magmar wasn't available in Red. I might use it again, because I don't feel like using Arcanine or Ninetails.
    - I used either Fearow or Farfetch'd because Pidgeot was too overrated for me. But I don't think I want to use Flying-Type this run.

So yeah, that's all for now. See you soon with the 1st update.

Years
  • Kanto Festival in Pok?mon Fire Red

ivysaur.png
    geodude.png

PART 1

So I had finally time to start...

This is supposed to be regular run, so I'll name my character Regular Man
    tjcJKdu.png

Yeah, that's right! Now, who is my biggest Rival? Lyca-NO, I WON'T TRIGGER ANOTHER USER DURING THIS PLAYTHROUGH!
    385rRiG.png

That's better name.

Okay, everything is ready. Now, probably the hardest part of the game. Who will be my starter? I can choose between Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Like I mentioned in the post above, I've overused Charmander this year. It's no more Charmanders in 2018. I'm using Squirtle in one of my challenges right now, so I think I'll go with good ol' Bulbasaur. And I have perfect nickname for him...
    bMXQWMl.png

Without further ado, let's assembly the Avengers!

As you can already guess, I'll talk about MCU and maybe about DCEU this time. Let's start with Iron Man 1. It was released in 2008, which is almost 10 years ago and I still remember the movie well (and it's not because I've seen it like a year ago). I was still on elementary school, when it was released and I loved it. I didn't know who Iron Man was, but this movie put him really high on my list of favourite superheroes. Not only that, but this movie really got me into comics. While I've read Spider-Man before that, I started reading Inhumans and Black Panther and of course, Iron Man after this movie.

I feel like if every Bug Catcher would read more comics, they wouldn't lose that easily.

Now let me move few years to the future and show you this picture depicting brutal lost of Wakanda soldier to invader from another universe (1940, colorized)
    GGzk7ge.png

And to end this log, here's evolved form of the invader after absorbing power of whole Wakanda nation
    MWiHpu1.png

Oh and some kind of Wonder Woman joined the team, but no one cares abour her...

Team

ivysaur.png

SwampThing, Naughty Male Ivysaur
    lvl 19, Overgrow
    - Vine Whip
    - Poison Powder
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leech Seed

geodude.png

Wonderwman, Naive Female Geodude
    lvl 7, Rock Head
    - Tackle
    - Defense Curl
    - Mud Sport​

Years
  • Kanto Festival in Pokémon Fire Red

venusaur.png
    graveler.png

PART 2

Let's start this big... With another easy victory. Yeah, Bulbasaur is OP in this part of game.
    nn1wmUJ.png

You probably noticed I've caught Geodude at the and of the last post, so let's talk about superhero I named her after - Wonder Woman. She's probably my least favourite superhero ever. I don't know why, but she always felt like bad copy of Superman for girls. Take her role in Injustice for example - she's aggressive, evil and do evil things, but she has no reason to. As far as I can remember, no one important to her died and she was 1st person to support Superman in creating Regime and was the one who tried to recreate it after Superman was defeated. Heck she was even worse that Superman at various points in the story.
    She's no different in the main continuity. In the latest crossovers, she has had the most aggressive behavior and really bad plans. And don't let me start about the whole thing DC did with her in The New 52 era. I'm so glad that that's already over. Ironically, she's one of my favourite characters from DCEU, but it's not something she should be proud of.

I might regret calling Geodude after her, because she's good so far. She counters all the Pidgeys and it's so much faster to clear every Grass/Poison at this point in the game with her. And she's even great in the Rival battle on the S.S.ANNE. Yeah, I regret naming her after Diana... Also this happened:
    HP3tOFm.png
    kmdPoq8.png

I won't continue with the positive talk about my own Wonderwman and show you this picture instead. Another flawless victory:
    r54ZIZ6.png

Next time, I'll return to MCU and talk about our favourite Captain TorchHuman America.

Team

venusaur.png

SwampThing, Naughty Male Ivysaur
    lvl 33, Overgrow
    - Razor Leaf
    - Poison Powder
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leech Seed

graveler.png

Wonderwman, Naive Female Geodude
    lvl 30, Rock Head
    - Magnitude
    - Selfdestruction
    - Mud Sport
    - Rock Throw​

Years

venusaur.png
    golem.png
    flareon.png
    lapras.png

PART 3

Guess what? I'm sick! But I'm also slowly getting over my burnout from playing Pokémon games, so I'm playing more. Speaking of burnout, look who joined the team:
    AaZ1E5J.png

Now I have reason to talk about Captain America, because you know Chris Evans played both Human Torch and Captain America in the movies. He's the guy who never skips leg day and throws big frisbee at his enemies. But he's cool. His introduction in Infinity War was plain awesomeness. He's slowly becoming the legend he is in the comics. Which is the case in my run too (even though it's Firestorm and not Captain America):
    pGmzwKT.png

Speaking of comics, while I love Chris Evans in the role, I feel like he's too skinny compared to Steven Rogers in the comics. Sometimes he really didn't feel like soldier, but only as frontman of some boy band.

But my team finally got to fight the bad guys and it went well:
    HMcqvMQ.png
    KrPBGVi.png

And I was able to recrut another team member - Lapras, the Aquaman. I forgot to take a photo, but he's on the team. Trust me.

Team

venusaur.png

SwampThing, Naughty Male Venusaur
    lvl 41, Overgrow
    - Razor Leaf
    - Poison Powder
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leech Seed

golem.png

Wonderwman, Naive Female Golem
    lvl 41, Rock Head
    - Magnitude
    - Selfdestruction
    - Mud Sport
    - Rock Throw

flareon.png

Firestorm, Quirky Male Flareon
    lvl 40, Flash Fire
    - Flamethrower
    - Sand-Attack
    - Quick Attack
    - Bite

lapras.png

Aquaman, Hasty Male Lapras
    lvl 36, Water Absorb
    - Wate Pulse
    - Body Slam
    - Confuse Ray
    - Ice Beam​

Years

venusaur.png
    golem.png
    flareon.png
    lapras.png
    aerodactyl.png
    weezing.png

FINAL PART

Well, I've been playing a lot yesterday and...
    UHdWfun.png

That means no more superheroes talk. So let's talk about the team:
    venusaur.png

My SwampThing was great in the early game. I don't think I used him between Erika and Lorelei to really beat something.

golem.png

This is one of the first time I've ever used Golem and I loved it. It was my main Pokémon throughout the whole game.

flareon.png

I've used Flareon for 2 reasons. To take on Erika with Flamethrower and Sabrina with Bite. He also took on Critic's Alakazam. Overall great Fire-Type Pokémon.

lapras.png

One of the best Pokémon thanks to its typing. I've used it as my surfer and to take on Lance. He also solo'd Giovanni.

aerodactyl.png
    weezing.png

Late members really had no time to shine and I've used them mostly as last resort with some kind of gimmick - Hyper Beam on Aerodactyl and Toxic on Weezing

Overall, I would probably use this team if I was given chance to be trainer in Kanto.

Team

venusaur.png

SwampThing, Naughty Male Venusaur
    lvl 58, Overgrow
    - Giga Drain
    - Poison Powder
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leech Seed

golem.png

Wonderwman, Naive Female Golem
    lvl 58, Rock Head
    - Earthquake