• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Victory Fire (Version 2.72 Released)

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    i downloaded Emerald rom, but get "Patch doesn't match the file" error when trying to patch. PLEASE help!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Hey could u tell how to play ur game because I think that it wont let me play because of the name and wont work if I edit the name either plz help

Years
  • I have really fall in love With this game, Victory Fire are really amazing game With good grapic, spirit and Pokemon.
    You really did good work With this game.
    I have one question
    1.Where can I find Exp-Share?
    2. Which Level does Gible evolve?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    This may already be answered, but i cant find the azure flute, any tips of where it is? Ive looked everywhere in CA, but nothing, please help, i really want to get arceus

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2016
    Please someone tell me where to find a staryu or slowpoke please I've been at a standstill for over a month

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2016
    hey is the version2.32 old an not finished yet?
    also i wanted to know if i download the 3.35 version how do i upload it on my game file without disrupting my saved game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Where can I find Lucky Egg?
    I searched everywhere, talked to everyone. I need grinding before league.

DarumaLuge

Pokemaniac
    Years
  • I played through this game TWICE, yet I found that there are way too many errors to count:
    1.) No Pokeballs or running shoes until after the first gym :(
    2.) If you're playing as a guy, too bad. Because Axew is now a Dragon/Fighting dual type, leaving him vulnerable to Psychic and Flying types...
    3.) Uranium is bipolar (make up your mind, is he really passive? Because it sure seems like he's very involved :/
    4.) Ash Ketchum. Enough said.
    5.) Silk, Cathaya, Max, and the psychic guy (who looked like Lucian)? I felt they were unnecessary parts of the game. I wish their stories were developed more.
    6.) The Champion's identity was jarring, seeing as we never met him before the last gym.
    7.) Sprites are mashups of existing characters and look awkward.
    8.) Elite Four is overpowered.
    9.) EXP system is buggy. I noticed that some Pokemon level up extremely slow compared to other Pokemon of the same level.
    10.) Pokemon level up at the wrong levels, or with requirements (stones, trading, etc.) different from the originals. For example, Murkrow now evolves with happiness, but how are we supposed to know that?
    11.) Some Pokemon don't learn vital moves. Like, how can you not give Sewaddle Bug Bite? Please don't remove moves or tamper with leveling in your future hacks.
    12.) The songs have been corrupted really badly, I had to mute the sound while playing through.
    13.) Sigilyph is really buggy. Sometimes, my Shadow Ball won't land a super effective.
    14.) I noticed that most trainers are copy and pasted from Emerald. Their dialogues haven't changed. Like there was this one set of twins, but they said they were Jr. Trainer and Sr. Trainer Anna and Meg. Also, there were hikers with the lass theme playing lol.
    15.) Pokenav sometimes provides wrong locations for trainers
    16.) The man who makes you buy Nuggets
    17.) Some grass patches in this one area are the same color as the trees, so it confused me while navigating through. It was also painful to look at. Perhaps a muted green would work nicely next time.
    18.) Wild Pokemon are severely underleveled. I had to wait for trainers to call me because grinding gave me bad EXP. The only place I could grind with my level 70s before the Elite Four was the ice cave that Kyurem was in.
    19.) Water reflection glitch-would show up on grass
    20.) Some stories, like Samuel's were rushed and unnecessary.
    21.) The Zoroark woman thing should have given more EXP.
    22.) I wish we could actually capture Victini ourselves instead of having him given to us.
    23.) Cynthia had pink hair sometimes
    24.) Story doesn't make sense, and the Team's intent was too similar to that of Team Plasma's.
    25.) Elekid's and Magby's catch rates are too low. I had more trouble catching them than the legendaries.
    26.) Last but not least, the grammar. It wouldn't have taken much time to find a native English speaker to proofread the scripts for you. There are always people available for this, just keep note of that. I feel like this was the biggest hindrance of Victory Fire.

Please take these as constructive criticism for possible future hacks. It's good to listen to the players' feedback and learn from it. But I noticed that when someone does give you constructive criticism, you argur against it and deny that it's a problem when it really is. I advise that you keep this in mind and take it as a critique, and not as a personal attack. Good luck with whatever you are working on next, if applicable.

My recommended teams for this game if anyone needs it:
    -Charizard with Flamethrower
    -Raichu or Electivire
    -Garchomp (for his ground type moves and immunity to Max's electric Pokemon)
    -Floatzel with Ice Beam and Surf, with Sp. Attack as focus
    -Drifblim or Honchkrow
    -HM Slave or Scrafty or Lucario (You don't really need a fighting type though)

Speaking of Floatzel, his cry sounds like a Linoone o.o

I have really fall in love With this game, Victory Fire are really amazing game With good grapic, spirit and Pokemon.
    You really did good work With this game.
    I have one question
    1.Where can I find Exp-Share?
    2. Which Level does Gible evolve?

1.) EXP Share is found in the Black Market in Marble City. I think the guy with the fisherman sprite sells them.

2.) Gible evolves at level 35, then Gabite evolves at level 60.

I have a few questions here, sorry if they have already been asked. There's too many pages to this thread to look through.

1. Have the moves been updated so that they correspond to Attack & Defense and Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense based on the move, or based on the type like in Generation 3?

2. I want an Ice-type for my team, and I want either a Mamoswine or a Glaceon. Can you find a Swinub/Piloswine and evolve it by teaching it Ancient Power (and i'll need the Move Relearner)? If not, how can you evolve Eevee into Glaceon?

3. Where is the Move Deleter? There's probably been a lot of complaints about having to teach Cut to your starter, since you don't get Pokeballs until after.

4. How do you Mega Evolve Gyarados? I have been to the place where you get the Mega Rock, but nothing else.

Thank you. This is a wonderful hack.

Not a developer, but I have sure answers to the first three questions.

1.) Yes, the moves have been updated

2.) Invest in a Floatzel. Buizels are found in the route direct above your hometown, but they are extremely rare. He learns Ice Beam later on, so I found him extremely useful as there are many dragon and flying types in this game. Also, he's not vulnerable to ground or water attacks like some ice types are.

3.) The Move Deleter is found in Halfleaf City. It's a place called the Move Researching Club. When you go inside, there are two aides at the very top. The deleter is the one on the left.

4.) Did the gentleman give you the Mega Evolution thing yet? If you already used the rock on a Pokemon, you have to devolve that Pokemon then go see him to get it recharged. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure

Where do I get Charmander in this hack?

In Marble City. The man who gives you a Charmander is in a house, and has a male Psychic overworld sprite. I don't remember exactly which house, so look in every house in Marble City.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trainer 766

Is it possible for you to have a .zip file for this game?

What do you mean by that?A zip file as in a playable ROM?That's a big no-no.You have to download the patch file and patch it onto Pokemon Emerald(U) (Trashman).gba with a patching program.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Why my budew is not evolve to roselia in Pokemon victory fire????

Its lvl 90

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Froslass evolves from a Snorunt the same way as Glalie at lv42, but you need to catch the right Snorunt (either male or female) among other Snorunt.

do you know if i need a dawn stone in order to that? and what are the chances of me finding that one snowrunt?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    How I can get the deep sea sclare or the deep sea tooth??

How I can evolve Budew??

please help.

Last edited:
    Back