• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How to enable Debug Mode if the setting script is separated from the Scripts.rxdata file?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Hello!
    I want to know if there is a way to enable debug mode for playing pokemon essentials game without RPG maker if the setting script is separated from the Scripts.rxdata?
    as shown below:
    e6jopvLeAbhY.png

I see in Github I just need to run scripts_combine.rb but when I run it, nothing is happening except for the windows command prompt to open up and then closed again.
    4HzwS44XYnLY.png

Please help me, thank you :)

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    The "Main" here loads all the scripts that are in the Scripts folder. From the dev perspective, this is way more comfortable this way ^^"

To answer your question, and I don't know where I saw this but I have this info in my dev journal: on Windows, right click on the Game.exe, then click "create a shortcut". On the "target", you will see a long path to Game.exe; put "debug" (without the quotation marks) at the end.
    NOTE: if the path to Game.exe is also between quotation marks, the "debug" word should be outside the quotation marks, just like this:

"C:Long/Path/To/Game.exe" debug

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    The "Main" here loads all the scripts that are in the Scripts folder. From the dev perspective, this is way more comfortable this way ^^"

To answer your question, and I don't know where I saw this but I have this info in my dev journal: on Windows, right click on the Game.exe, then click "create a shortcut". On the "target", you will see a long path to Game.exe; put "debug" (without the quotation marks) at the end.
    NOTE: if the path to Game.exe is also between quotation marks, the "debug" word should be outside the quotation marks, just like this:

Thanks for the tips ^^
    But sadly that will only work if played on PC but I intend to play on android using JoiPlay after I enabled debug mode in RPGXP :(
    By any chance is there a way to compile all the scripts back to scripts.rxdata or maybe edit the settings individually?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    In the Scripts folder, find 001_Technical\002_RGSS2Compatibility.rb, open it (use any notepad to open it), and at the very top, paste the line:
    Code:
    $DEBUG = true
    It should do.

Now I don't know why you want all the scripts in Scripts.rxdata. The current Scripts.rxdata loads every script. There is a way to do it but I really don't understand why you want that so much.
    1. Make a backup of the game.
    2. Open the script scripts_combine.rb (you can use any notepad software to do that)
    3. Copy the content of scripts_combine.rb and paste it to the Main script in RPG Maker.
    4. Find the last line :
      Code:
      Scripts.from_folder
      and replace it with:
      Code:
      Scripts.from_folder("Data/Scripts", "Data/Scripts_New.rxdata")
      This will put all the scripts in the Script folder to a new file Scripts_New.rxdata.
    5. Click "Apply" in the script editor of RPG Maker, then save, then close RPG Maker.
    6. Go to the Data folder, find the file Scripts.rxdata, rename it Scripts_Old.rxdata.
    7. Still in the Data folder, find the file Scripts_New.rxdata, rename it Scripts.rxdata.
    8. That's it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    In the Scripts folder, find 001_Technical\002_RGSS2Compatibility.rb, open it (use any notepad to open it), and at the very top, paste the line:
    Code:
    $DEBUG = true
    It should do.

Now I don't know why you want all the scripts in Scripts.rxdata. The current Scripts.rxdata loads every script. There is a way to do it but I really don't understand why you want that so much.
    1. Make a backup of the game.
    2. Open the script scripts_combine.rb (you can use any notepad software to do that)
    3. Copy the content of scripts_combine.rb and paste it to the Main script in RPG Maker.
    4. Find the last line :
      Code:
      Scripts.from_folder
      and replace it with:
      Code:
      Scripts.from_folder("Data/Scripts", "Data/Scripts_New.rxdata")
      This will put all the scripts in the Script folder to a new file Scripts_New.rxdata.
    5. Click "Apply" in the script editor of RPG Maker, then save, then close RPG Maker.
    6. Go to the Data folder, find the file Scripts.rxdata, rename it Scripts_Old.rxdata.
    7. Still in the Data folder, find the file Scripts_New.rxdata, rename it Scripts.rxdata.
    8. That's it!

Ah thanks!
    But not really, I don't want all the scripts, just the first method is enough so I can add debug mode :)
    Thank you ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023

does it really work?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Can I do this with any Fan Game, from Uranium to Infinity or the new Reborn?

If I'm not mistaken, those fangames use encrypted archives to store their data, including their scripts. This probably prevents this from working properly. So, you will have to try to be sure.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    If I'm not mistaken, those fangames use encrypted archives to store their data, including their scripts. This probably prevents this from working properly. So, you will have to try to be sure.

all right, anything I come back here if I need it

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Code:
    $DEBUG = true
    It should do.
    [/LIST]

and where usually in Fan Games do I find this 001_Technical\002_RGSS2Compatibility.rb?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    and where usually in Fan Games do I find this 001_Technical\002_RGSS2Compatibility.rb?
    It's in Scripts.rxdata. But if you don't have the Game.rxproj, you won't be able to find it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    hi i can't add the debug mode with the indications above so can i send game files so that you can do it for me and then send them back to me afterwards
    thank you

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    hi i can't add the debug mode with the indications above so can i send game files so that you can do it for me and then send them back to me afterwards
    thank you

Why can't you do it? What do you do? How do you know it doesn't work?
    Give information, and no, I don't want you to send me files.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    1) I already tried but it didn't work because my computer is not powerful enough
    2) I tried on my best friend's computer as soon as I open the game it bugs
    Those are two of my reasons.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    1) I already tried but it didn't work because my computer is not powerful enough

What do you mean, your computer is not powerful enough? This doesn't require power at all.
    I assume it's because the game displays a black screen for a long time? If it does, it's because it's trying to decompile the PBS files, you shouldn't interrupt it.

2) I tried on my best friend's computer as soon as I open the game it bugs
    Can you screen the error message?
    I assume that you interrupted the decompilation because you thought it was bugged, and then you copied/pasted the folder to another computer, and tried running the game again, but as you interrupted it, you have incomplete files that the game tries to recompile, hence the error.

Thus, try the debug mode with a clean version, and give it time.

Back