• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting ready for 2011 Championships!

Zeko

^ is awesome!
Years
hey guys, as the title says, I'm getting ready for the 2011 Video Game Championships. As you are only allowed to use Unova Pokemon, I'll be just throwing things together.
What do you guys think of this quickly put together team?

#530 Excadrill (Adamant) @ Leftovers
Rapid Spin
Toxic
Earthquake
Substitute
This lead will either Rapid Spin away Stealth Rocks or Spikes, or Substitute. Next it will Toxic and Earthquake until it faints, reusing Substitute along the way.

#620 Kojondo (Adamant) @ Balloon
Substitute
Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Baton Pass
Just used as a set-upper to switch into BP into one of my physical sweepers.

#639 Terrakion (Adamant) @ Life Orb
Stone Edge
Sacred Sword
Roar
Poison Jab
There to own. Stone Edge + STAB = AWWEEESOMMEE. Sacred sword in there to get the rock and steel types. Poison Jab goes for the Grass and Psychic. Roar is there to throw my opponent off and to get a free turn to do whatever.

#637 Ulgamoth (Modest) @ Focus Sash
Heat Wave
Butterfly Dance
Substitute
Fire Dance
I got a similiar idea from somewhere... Anyways right off the bat is a sub. Then I butterfly dance... 1 or 2 times. Then I start to Fire Dance a bit... Then HEAT WAVE :D...

#635 Sazandora (Naive) @ Dragon Fang/(suggest an item??)
Dragon Pulse
Crunch
Cheer Up (mixed sweeper)
Substitute
I already know this one needs a bit of work. Well, it's a mixed sweeper, so I thought, "Why not Cheer Up?" So I put that in. Well, I also needed a way to use it... Substitute! Then I put in Phys/Spe attacks, and there we go!

#640 Virizion (Calm) @ Leftovers
Substitute
Calm Mind
Giga Drain
Grass Knot
Here's my wall/annoyer! Yay! W00t.
No.
Substitute to be a b*tch,
then Calm Mind for above reason,
then Giga Drain for above reason,
Grass Knot for Pokemon like Daikenki.

Yeah, guys! Please, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! I would appreciate it! Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
hey guys, as the title says, I'm getting ready for the 2011 Video Game Championships. As you are only allowed to use Unova Pokemon, I'll be just throwing things together.
What do you guys think of this quickly put together team?

#530 Excadrill (Adamant) @ Balloon
Rapid Spin
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Swords Dance/X-Scissor
This lead will either Rapid Spin away Stealth Rocks or Spikes, or Substitute. Next it will Toxic and Earthquake until it faints, reusing Substitute along the way.
Excadrill isn't a good lead, IMO. It and Kojondo/Mienshao need to swap places and Mienshao is a better lead with:

#620 Kojondo (Adamant) @ Life Orb
Fake Out
U-turn

Stone Edge
Hi Jump Kick
Ability: Regeneration
Just used as a set-upper to switch into BP into one of my physical sweepers.

#639 Terrakion (Adamant) @ Life Orb
Stone Edge
Sacred Sword/Close Combat
Swords Dance
Rock Polish

There to own. Stone Edge + STAB = AWWEEESOMMEE. Sacred sword in there to get the rock and steel types. Poison Jab goes for the Grass and Psychic. Roar is there to throw my opponent off and to get a free turn to do whatever.

The extra power from Close Combat helps at times. You can use Swords Dance to plow through defensive teams and Rock Polish to outspeed a good portion of the metagame. Poison is a poor offensive type.

#637 Ulgamoth (Modest) @ Focus Sash
Bug Buzz
Butterfly Dance
Psychic/Hidden Power (Rock/Ground)
Fire Dance/Fire Blast
I got a similiar idea from somewhere... Anyways right off the bat is a sub. Then I butterfly dance... 1 or 2 times. Then I start to Fire Dance a bit... Then HEAT WAVE :D...
Why Focus Sash + Substitute? Sub kills of Sash after you use it.
#635 Sazandora (Naive) @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Dragon Pulse
Crunch
Cheer Up (mixed sweeper)
Fire Blast/Earthquake
I already know this one needs a bit of work. Well, it's a mixed sweeper, so I thought, "Why not Cheer Up?" So I put that in. Well, I also needed a way to use it... Substitute! Then I put in Phys/Spe attacks, and there we go!
Your Sazandora/Hydreigon needs more coverage.
#640 Virizion (Timid) @ Leftovers
Substitute/Hidden Power (Ice)
Calm Mind
Giga Drain
Focus Blast
Here's my wall/annoyer! Yay! W00t.
No.
Substitute to be a b*tch,
then Calm Mind for above reason,
then Giga Drain for above reason,
Grass Knot for Pokemon like Daikenki.
You're walled badly by things like Crobat and Dragons with your current set.
Yeah, guys! Please, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! I would appreciate it! Thanks!
Comments/suggestions in bold. You also need EVs (use the ones suggested):
Kojondo/Mienshao: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Excadrill: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Terrakion: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Ulgamoth/Volcarona: 252 SAtk/4 Def/252 Spe
Virizion: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Sazandora/Hydreigon: 40 Atk/252 SAtk/216 Spe

Back