• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello,community!

____blaZe____

zZzZzZ
Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Hey people, blaze here.I'm new here on pokecomm forums as you can see. I've been playing pokemon games(including hacks, ofcourse) for a long while now and I thought of taking up rom hacking as a new hobby during my free time !
    Sooo, I searched online and found pokecomm. I might try the other features on here(most of em I did not really understand…..Yet >_> ).Although the technical side will be the first priority ;) .
    I might need to learn something about rom hacking .Few pointers about the forum navigation, features and rom hacking would be great.
    General pokemon talk? Fire types are my favourite, Charizard being the favourite. Although tyranitar,dragonite and blastoise are damn cool too ! (old school, ikr?) Whats yours? :P
    This is getting probably bit(? {XD}) long. Thnx for reading and your precious time. blaze out !

Years
  • Welcome welcome, blaze! Apologies for taking a little while to approve your thread. :( It's awesome having you here! Have you tried looking around the tutorials/resources forum under the ROM Hacking category yet?? It has a nice pinned guide for hackers just starting out so I'm sure that would be helpful. Sadly I don't know much about the ways of hacking myself but a lot of others do so you've plenty of opportunities to move forward. Good luck and have fun!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Hey blaze, welcome to PC (: It's nice to have you here! I don't know anything about ROM Hacking either but there's a pretty dedicated community of people here who are into that so hopefully they'll be able to help you out!

As for general forum navigation, it may look intimidating with all the different sections that there are on PC, but that's just because we have so many members with diverse interests! The Pokemon-centric sections are towards the top and middle, and towards the bottom are places where you can talk about your non-Pokemon interests. The Treehouse is a particularly good section to check out, as it's quite laidback and has a friendly atmosphere.

Also old-school is definitely the way to go ;) I play the new Pokemon games but my favourite Pokemon are some of the oldest too - Blastoise, Jumpluff, Feraligatr and Victreebel to name a few. You have good choices as well!

Hope you enjoy your time here, blaze! Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. Look forward to seeing you around!

Back