• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Clothing Modeler Program Thing Idea

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
Years
  • I like to have my profile picture be what I am ingame. But there's only so much you can do to make your profile picture look good after having the camera dude take a photo of you and downloading that photo off of the Global Link. So I have an idea. But the (current) extent of my programming knowledge is limited to BASIC (which in no way could I hope accomplish the idea with this, it being dead and all) and a few Java basics (which I am in the process of learning), so I have no idea how this would be accomplished. It's an idea for a program.

In this program, you would start of with a 3D model similar to that of a(n) X/Y character model. (Maybe some different model options?) Then you could give it an outfit very much like in X/Y, with clothes resembling those in X/Y. Next you would position it's limbs, change it's expression, change the background (which would look very much like X/Y battlefields and PR studio backgrounds), choose the angle, then finally take a screenshot.

That way, you would have a high-quality representation of the ingame you. I may not have much Java programming knowledge (yet), but I'm just guessing that this may take a few minutes some time.

At the time of this post, it's nearly time for me to sleep, so see ya in the mornin', I'll see if anyone give's a crap. Zzzzzzz...

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I think that this would be amazing, and also a bit more difficult than at first glance. I could might be able to help with getting resources, though, if you can code. Backgrounds, models?, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    This sounds like a really neat idea, though I don't personally have the time or expertise to tackle it right now (I have some programming experience, but it's a little rusty, and more importantly, I'm really busy for the next several months). If you could get the various models from the games (character models, clothing models, etc.--either rip them somehow or recreate them), you could essentially build the characters the same way as in the games (but add in extra features like backgrounds, different character positions, etc.). You could probably just create a basic framework using placeholder images that get positioned in particular places, and then add in/expand the model/clothing options later. For example, draw the character at a certain place on the screen, overlay hair at a certain place (pulling in the correct hair image based on color and style selected), overlay the shirt choice in a particular location, etc.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    One would ideally need access to the in-game player models, which apparently isn't difficult if people have made GIFs of the monsters. Maybe they're out there in a modding repository somewhere, if people can even make hacks of the 3D games. It'd be easier than recreating the models from scratch, and more accurate. Instead of making a program yourself, you could import the models into Gmod... I guess. I don't really know anything about Gmod, but it seems worth mentioning as an accessible program one can pose models in.

Back