• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] need help

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2018
    I'm using Advance map with the script editor XSE. My rom is Pokemon Emerald. For most of the trainers and npc's in the game, the "Open Script" button is available when i click on them when i have the "events" tab opened. But, I went in the Champion (Wallace)'s room and clicked on him, and the Open Script button was grey and i couldn't open the script. I've been looking in the map to see if anything else triggers it, but nothing is there. This is also the case with a few other ones like the Devon man in Petalburg forest who gets ambushed by Team aqua. Can someone help me figure out the issue?

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • Eh...I think you should check out the "SCRIPT[02]" option rather than "PERSON EVENT[00]" (on AM) because these scripts are triggered when the player steps on a particular tile rather than talks to the NPCs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2018
    I know what those are now, but for certain rooms like the champion's room dont have one of those, and i cant figure out what triggers the script

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    The champion event is a level script, which runs as soon as the player enters the map. You can find it under Advance Map's "header" tab, and then edit it like any other script.

Back