• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Is Janine's Mother?

Years
I have always wondered this but bulbapedia says it is unconfirmed. So what do you guys think. Theories are wanted!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
A character that wasn't made because she would have no plot significance like most of the gym leader's parents..

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Who is her aunt? That might have escaped me.

Years
Koga's younger sister Aya showed up a couple times in the anime, which would make her Janine's aunt. I don't believe she showed up in the games or the manga at all, so she might just be an anime exclusive character.

As for Janine's mother, she may very well be a ninja herself that stays out of the spotlight, but either way, I don't expect we'll ever get the chance to meet her. Just like your own mom in the Hoenn games, I don't think random trainers care too much about her, even if your dad happens to be a Gym Leader too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Probably some unkown woman we've never seen. I don't really think there's much to speculate about this? Most Pokemon characters don't have any known family, so.

Back