• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon essentials 64x64 tiles resolution

Years
Hi everyone
I'm developing a little fan game with essentials and i want that this game is played in a large window, something like 1024x768 and with big sprite and tiles (64x64).
In the script section i've already found a way to change the width and height of tiles (I suppose)
Spoiler:

Now i want to know how to fix in game windows such as battle menu etc.:
Spoiler:

PS: I know I know, i should change the "defaultscreenzoom" from settings and not "defaultscreenwidth" and "defaultscreenheight",
but because of large sprite and tiles i want a large window

Last edited:
The question is that you want high quality UI for your game, and not the default UI which just uses 512*384 sprites zooming in and out with DEFAULTSCREENZOOM, which doesn't suit the style?

So, you have rightly changed the screen size. But, there is a huge thing left. You have to now open every single sprite in Graphics folder and double them, or remake them with double the canvas size, and with high quality pixels.

Years
Yep! I know, i'm making all Ui from the ground.
What i want to know is which parameters i need to change in order to fix the position of the UI.
As you can see from the screenshot of battle for example, changing the resolution needs to reposition all UI components (Pokeball and battle items buttons are not meant to be there).

Yep! I know, i'm making all Ui from the ground.
What i want to know is which parameters i need to change in order to fix the position of the UI.
As you can see from the screenshot of battle for example, changing the resolution needs to reposition all UI components (Pokeball and battle items buttons are not meant to be there).

Once you double the UI, say the party bg, it will come to normality. I have tried it once, and I followed the following things:-
1. Since I doubled the screen size, from 512*384 to 1024*768(yeah its not 720), I copied every single sprite and doubled them using a handy tool made by chronox here.
2. Then I moved on to the scripts, where I stopped. Many scripts make certain shapes based on some coding formulae, mainly those which uses text to be displayed on screen. I did doubled the size of text in the various scripts like pokegear, storage, battle, etc. But, it was a very time-taking job, so I moved on after doing battle texts.
3. Apart from texts, there are also some shapes, I don't currently remember any, which also needs to be doubled, and even after doing these, you will be left to edit the x and y positions of various sprites, which is kinda impossible to do alone.

If you are determined to do it, good luck.

Last edited:
Back