• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Journal] I beat Earthbound today

Years
It was really, really fun! I haven't played many RPGs, and while this was difficult at times, it was very enjoyable! I found myself waiting to see what wacky enemy the game would throw at me next, and just leave the battle if a certain enemy showed up (seriously, Care Free Bomb is probably the worst enemy I have fought against in a video game). The game was heartfelt, mysterious, and the humor was just the right amount of weird.

Years
Hey congrats on beating Earthbound! It's one of those games that I can't help but replay ever year or two. In addition to having solid and unique RPG mechanics (such as the scrolling HP bars), it also has a great sense of humor that was ahead of its time. I hope you give Mother 3 a try next, it's similarly great!

Years
Hey congrats on beating Earthbound! It's one of those games that I can't help but replay ever year or two. In addition to having solid and unique RPG mechanics (such as the scrolling HP bars), it also has a great sense of humor that was ahead of its time. I hope you give Mother 3 a try next, it's similarly great!

Oog, I'd love to, don't have a computer to emulate it on, that's the thing. It's been 15 years since its release as of this year, and it's still not properly in the US :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
What was your favorite section of the game?

Was there any character that stuck out for you?

Which part of the game do you think was the hardest?

Back