• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Opinions On The Gen 8 Episodes And Some Major Changes

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    From gen 1 - 6 the TV series was always based on the games where you fight through 8 gyms and then take on the league. Gen 7 became slightly different but gen 8 is very different. In gen 8 Ash is now visiting different regions in every episode, travelling to lots of different locations. Mimey has been with Ash's mom since the first series and he's now at the Cerise Laboratory. Then there's Goh which I think is a very good idea the writers have come up with. Where Ash and his friends have only ever caught Pokemon once in a blue moon in past series, he catches them in every episode. Ash even got a Dragonite.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • From gen 1 - 6 the TV series was always based on the games where you fight through 8 gyms and then take on the league. Gen 7 became slightly different but gen 8 is very different. In gen 8 Ash is now visiting different regions in every episode, travelling to lots of different locations. Mimey has been with Ash's mom since the first series and he's now at the Cerise Laboratory. Then there's Goh which I think is a very good idea the writers have come up with. Where Ash and his friends have only ever caught Pokemon once in a blue moon in past series, he catches them in every episode. Ash even got a Dragonite.

😱 I haven't even watched Gen 8 yet.. and probably won't for a while.

Years
  • I like it! But my main issue is how little time they're properly spending in each region that they travel to. I was hoping more for each region trip to be their own small segments consisting of a few episodes, but Ash and Go get there, do everything, and come back within the span of an episode. For the regions further away from Kanto (like Kalos) this isn't very realistic. I read the writers did it because they felt a lot of kids wouldn't be able to watch episodes in order since the previous timeslot of the show didn't make that as doable, but still. Do like it regardless, but was hoping for a bit more depth when it comes to the traveling aspect.

Back