• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: SLOWpoke?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Pretty damn weak compared to last year's April Fools joke. It's also made worse because Bulbapedia did the same joke, but on time.
    We actually had our idea of using Slowpoke before Bulbapedia did it, and when they did it, they only used it for their main page. The forum boards was a 504 Error theme. Also, the irony of this April Fool's Joke and Slowpoke is that Slowpoke is slooooow *yawns* Hence why we did it two days after the 1st instead of on the exact day. Then, Slowpoke wouldn't be slow it would just be "on time." That's pretty boring you know. Plus, we had people going on April 1st wondering why nothing was done. So in all, it pulled off pretty well and IMO topped last years April Fool's joke.

I'm amazed at how many people hate this. XD

I'm still loving it. :P
    I'm amazed at how many people still don't get it. D:

...but I love it too.

You missed the deadline for your April Fools joke, and now you're coming up with lame excuses. This is just pathetic.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.
    We're not coming up with excuses. >:( If we had to come up with a complete fake excuse is that ... "Oh, we didn't think of anything good in time, so we pulled a prank on the forum a couple days after." =P

Plus, I pretty much explained the irony of this prank when quoting Yuoaman, so yeah, I don't feel like saying it again. I'm slooow to.daay. *yawns*

Taking a Pokemon I couldn't really care less about, and putting it in a theme with a colour I HATE, that's why XDDD
    Go on vacation today, come back tomorrow, maybe then you'll feel better. :)

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    We're talking about April Fools Day. The day pertaining to the subject of this topic. The day that our lords and masters have no concept of.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Despite what the mods are saying, judging by the reaction of members, this years "slow" aprill fools joke has been a failure.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It hasn't been a failure. It's only a failure to those who can't take a joke.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    It hasn't been a failure. It's only a failure to those who can't take a joke.

If this had been on April first, I wouldn't have cared. 'Cause that's shennanigans day. This is just a normal day.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • If this had been on April first, I wouldn't have cared. 'Cause that's shennanigans day. This is just a normal day.
    Exactly. Although if Bulbapedia hadn't done the same first, even though you thought of it first, it might have worked.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Pulling a stunt like this on any day other than the set date of April 1st doesn't make it a fun joke, it just makes it entirely irritating.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Um, Bulbapedia shouldn't really need to come into what day the prank occured on. :(

Half of you are probably annoyed because you didn't come up with a prank like this. And the rest of us just like changes to PC.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Um, Bulbapedia shouldn't really need to come into what day the prank occured on. :(

Half of you are probably annoyed because you didn't come up with a prank like this. And the rest of us just like changes to PC.

You want them to pat you on the head for sucking up to them or what?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Sucking up? lolwut.

If I were sucking up, I'd be like "OMG ERICA, I WANT YOUR BABIES, YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL, YOU'RE LIKE THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD", idk, something like that.

I'm just saying it's a good prank and I'll stick by my opinions. Besides, why would I need to suck up to the ones that don't like me anyway, I'm just agreeing with the ones I get along with.

And yeah, back on the topic of the skin >>

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Thank God they still have the stalking members list on this otherwise I'd be gone till tomorrow

I like it, I don't care if all the sections are all mixed up there's an answer to that- Clicking the 'New Posts' button, why don't you try today?
    8D

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I cant say I don't dislike the unorganized fashion that the forums are in, however, besides that, I think this is quite funny. :P

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • It really does not bother me I got the Irony of it being Slowpoke when the little bugger first popped up, and I like it for one Slowpoke is an awesome pokemon so just enjoy it

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    This honestly would have been funnier on the 1st. Sure, I know it's SLOWpokecommunity, but it's rather irritating. Kinda like the Great Battle of Lyoko Freak, but only worse.

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
  • What's Christmas without a brawl?
    Alright, perhaps i can hold off my lax hunting for now. You keep talking about how pathetic the joke is, yet you haven't taken into consideration how pathetic it is that you won't stop EDIT and moaning about it. You sound like that annoying chris crocker kid who screams "Leave brittney alone!" Your trying to sound condescending by saying things like merry christmas but really your coming across as rather hypocritical.
    There would be no reason to turn everything into a slowpoke on april fools day that would defeat over half the joke. The fact that the SLOWPOKE joke is happening after april fools day is the joke. If you don't want to think of it as an april fools joke fine, think of it as just a joke.

Now stop EDITing whining, log off for 24 hours. Problem solved.

Edited because i don't like infractions.

Last edited:
    Back