• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most complex personality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachi

is made of gold
Years
  • What Pokemon has the most complex personality?

I think that Latias and Latias, from the fifth movie, were so realistic in natures that they were like human! They are sooo cute! :latias:

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
  • ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    Probably Dragonite, since it's intelligence is supposed to be equal to a human's.
    No, no, no.

Don't base your guess off the Pokedex, base it off of your experience watching the show! C'mon, we arn't going to judge just because of an piece of scrap metal! Remember the saying, "experience holds more than the machine."

Tzuri17

Look! it's a messege! --->
    Years
  • Jirachi said:
    No, no, no.

Don't base your guess off the Pokedex, base it off of your experience watching the show! C'mon, we arn't going to judge just because of an piece of scrap metal! Remember the saying, "experience holds more than the machine."

I d'ont base what i've said from the pokedex, I saw a few chapters with dragonite and he is the most humanoid pokemon I ever seen....

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Well, I'd have to say Mewtwo or Slowking, mainly because they've attained the ability to process thoughts like humans and speak our language...Mewtwo is more complex, IMO, because of his feelings towards humans...Slowking was all-around wise, but Mewtwo had more emotion.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • Well, on the show I would say Pikachu. C'mon, it's like the most emotional Pok?mon ever, it's like a little dwarf, or Oprah or something.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • In my opinion mewtwowas the most complex personality. He had so much emotional turmoil and doubt and was sconstantly second guessing himself, while at the same time trying to assure himself that what he was doing was fair and just. he often contemplates whether or not he truly belongs or if he's jsut a freak that should hide in shame. There is no pokemon with a more complex personality than Mewtwo.

however, I also find Ash's treecko to be somewhat complex. He tries not to fit in, but he finds himself getting along with others. he refuses to let people boss him around, but then he does what ash says without question. he tries to stay away from teh others, yet he ends up working beside them. He's a loner, but he looks out for others. his life is full of contradictions, making him rather complex as well.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • are we talking about the Pokemon in the show or just general Pokemon? I cant decide where this should go XD lol but i watched Pokemon the First movie cause i felt like watching it XD and the Dragonite is like a human in a giant costume XD

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    are we talking about the Pokemon in the show or just general Pokemon? I cant decide where this should go XD lol but i watched Pokemon the First movie cause i felt like watching it XD and the Dragonite is like a human in a giant costume XD
    We are talking about the show.

Years
  • If we're talking Legendaries, I'm skipping Mewtwo, simply because he's nothing but cliched angst and the characterization is been there, done there. He is the most powerful of all, and he still can't get over his issues? Pass. Yes, he's complex, but in comparsion to the others, they don't whine about themselves constantly and try to solve whatever problems they encounter.

Apologies to the Mewtwo fans, but that's the one thing that annoys/undermines. I don't mind whining in a character, as long as he can get over his neurosis/issues in time. Otherwise, pass.

I'll cover the movies' main characters then the show.

Mew: childlike, quite childlike and extreme short attention span. I don't know if it is the same Mew in the 8th movie but that should be interesting if the personality is still there.

Orange Isle Lugia: He was smart and quite profound and felt regret as he failed to stop the three birds. He was more kinder in that of, yes, he is one of the most powerful of all (second only to Mewtwo) but didn't dwell on his power, and didn't treat the humans like insects (like half the Legendaries kinda seem to act like). He earns that slot. Or one of the top ones.

2nd movie Slowking: Certainly one of the great enablers, certainly most humorous ("I could use pants") and one of the more fleshed out characters as he skated on the line with serious and funny. He was quite wonderful with his breaking the fourth wall at the end of the movie. Definitely complex.

Unown: Eh, the Unown, seem to have a collective mind about them and focused on a person to be an outlet for them act and lash out. I'm not sure why they did what they did as it's rather confusing.

Celebi: She (I'm using she for personal preferance because of the Mother Nature connotation, but the pronoun doesn't matter) rather wanted to interact with humans but not be the child Mew personifies and have that innate curiosity. She showed things to the gang and rather reminded me of a teenager, demonstrated herself and her true abilities with the psychic flying (It's that "cool!" effect teenagers have). Yet she didn't have the attention span of a fly during all this. So she had quite the chance for complexity as she is a Pokemon for the people and that certainly rates her rather high. Probably under Lugia for the complex slot only because her mindset is more younger.

Suicune: (I'll use the feminine pronoun again because Suicune is the more beautiful of the trio). Suicune is probably one of the more curious and more brave as she was willing to face against Vicious' Celebi. And she knew she had to use her purification powers when asked, she's dealt with humans before. Of the trio, she's had the most time to observe humans in depth. Although Eusine's arrogance in trying to capturing no doubt set her back in her views. It's more...it's a quiet detachment as she's still studying them. It's a quiet effect and not as noticable as the others. But that should noted.

Latios/Latias: extremely complex, and ready to cast off boundaries and doesn't need my thoughts about this. (Yes, I thought Latias' crush was extremely sweet.)

Jirachi: If Mew is the baby, and Celebi, the teenager, I'd make him (he has that boku suffix in the Japanese version) the young child. He has an intellectual curiosity and while he wants to play, he is maturing like a young child and doesn't always want to play (especially after Butler kidnap him), so once grown, can be quite the adult. Lots of potential for complexity.

Deoxys/Rayquaza. Deoxys was quite methodical in eliminating all but it to find the other Deoxys with its kidnapping of everyone, and rather analytical but also not holding grudges (they saved Rayquaza from the Blobbo attack). A hidden intellect. Rayquaza is more...traditional male pissing contest and not much else, beyond obsession (Deoxys left the Arctic and still the dragon chased him). Complex in that he is a jerk maybe.

Anime:

Team Rocket's Meowth: the only memorable thing in "A Scare to Remember" was seeing Meowth's thought process and so complex. He had self deprecation and a biting wit as he tried to serve the team, yet not compromise himself as a Pokemon, exploiting his fellow Pokemon. This happens now and then, his being torn, (along with James), and that is quite complex. I didn't care for him at first but throughout the years, he's quite the complex, not to mention the driving force of most of the Rocket trio missions and all piloting with all the mechas.

Ash's Pikachu: She (I'm going by the VA) does have an intellect. She shows enough of that with her friendships with the various Pokemon, her tenderness with Ash as she bit him when he got to Hoenn and the various, clever use of her attacks (Double Trouble, the second short for examples). But she does have that sadistic side with the Rockets (she rather enjoys frying them time and time again). So obviously she's complex with she wants to be, not always, she can turn it off.

One more special mention and I'm done. The Larvitar from Mt. Silver. He had angst issues (legitimate issues, major trust issues), insecurities with Pokemon and humans, loneliness but unlike others like him (Mewtwo for example), he dealt with it as he went about it everyday and realize, you can't run away from your problems but work at it or at least try. He finally let go of himself and he showed such a complexity, via his awareness. I wish Pokemon crippled by neurosis (Jigglypuff, Mewtwo) would follow such characterization and emotional healing.

So overall...

1: Team Rocket's Meowth
    2: Movie Lugia
    3: Celebi
    4: Latias/Latios
    5: Mt. Silver Larvitar
    6: Movie Slowking
    7: Suicune
    8: Jirachi
    9: Deoxys
    10: Mewtwo (All the effort made to him to characterize, should make a mention, but he is lower because his flawed coping undoes his message. Unlike the others)

If I note other Pokemon, I'll post them up as special mentions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    mistyash9 said:
    i think SWAMPERT cause i am a water pokemon trainer
    What the? Do you just go back through pages and pages of threads or what? O.o

[Closed]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back