• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon Gen IV Move Editing

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Can u guys tell me how can i change moves in Pokemon Platinum?
    For example i want to change Cut from normal to grass 60pow 100acc instead
    how can i do that? I googled it, cant find anything ; (

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    You need to edit this file on Platinum:
    Code:
    /poketool/waza/pl_waza_tbl.narc

You can find more specific information here but I warn you that you'll most likely be editing the move by hand in a hex editor. Cut has an index of 15 (see here) so you'll want to edit the 16th file within the .narc as it will also include a blank move.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You need to edit this file on Platinum:
    Code:
    /poketool/waza/pl_waza_tbl.narc

You can find more specific information here but I warn you that you'll most likely be editing the move by hand in a hex editor. Cut has an index of 15 here so you'll want to edit the 16th file within the .narc as it will also include a blank move.

jeez
    thx, but i dont know anything about hex editing. but thx anyway

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hex editing is something you're going to have to learn to do eventually if you want to hack gen 4; the tools available just aren't reliable enough to be used on their own. That said, I've got a Nightmare module you can use to edit moves easily and without breaking anything; it's attached to this post. Just run Nightmare, open the appropriate narc (using the "open Rom" tab"), open the included Attack Data Module, and edit whatever you want.

Attachments

• Move Editor.zip
      49 KB · Views: 650
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2019
    Hex editing is something you're going to have to learn to do eventually if you want to hack gen 4; the tools available just aren't reliable enough to be used on their own. That said, I've got a Nightmare module you can use to edit moves easily and without breaking anything; it's attached to this post. Just run Nightmare, open the appropriate narc (using the "open Rom" tab"), open the included Attack Data Module, and edit whatever you want.

question what narc is it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    question what narc is it?

In HGSS it's a/0/1/0 EDIT: a/0/1/1, Platinum's equivalent is mentioned a few posts up. If you're editing Diamond or Pearl for some reason it'll be the same as Platinum, but without the "pl_" part in the filename.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Buffel saft do you know if there is a list for the number of move effects, i want to unify ground and rock types can i put an effect to affect flying types in a damaging move with that thanks

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Buffel saft do you know if there is a list for the number of move effects, i want to unify ground and rock types can i put an effect to affect flying types in a damaging move with that thanks

I don't think there's a complete list around, but this tool has most of them listed: https://hackromtools.altervista.org/dpp-attack-editor/. That particular effect can't be done just by changing move effect data unfortunately (I've tried it myself in XY, it didn't work); it'd require modifying the battle engine itself.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I was thinking it might be possible because of freeze dry but thanks a lot for the list, I am trying to make a Digimon hack for personal use with some friends

RyuRyuBunny

Your average Gen 4 editor
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2024

What is the offset for doom desire?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    hey buffel! im trying to edit hgss moves, but the narc isnt working? How do you use nightmare? no matter what i open nothing shows up...

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    hey buffel! im trying to edit hgss moves, but the narc isnt working? How do you use nightmare? no matter what i open nothing shows up...
    Hey, sorry there's a typo in my post further up, the attack data narc for HGSS is a/0/1/1, not a/0/1/0. Give it a try with that narc instead and it should work.

Back