• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All of a sudden so many people dislike 6th gen?

Imafroggy

King
Years
  • I've said it when it came out, and i'll say it again.
    X and Y in my eyes are terrible games and the only redeemable qualities it has are the jump to 3d and fairy type (some mega evolutions too).
    I do not like the 6th generation. The 6th generation almost made me quit pokemon for good.
    I know i'm not the only one that feels like this about X and Y my group of friends feel the same way too. I also am still salty about the battle frontier.
    It's not something I've been in the woodwork about either. I've been very vocal about my opinion with this generation in particular.

EDIT: The anime however was very good. Such a shame that the games couldn't be as good.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I really didn't mind it too much as a gen. I've definitely got less criticisms about it than I do about sun/moon. I really loved the map, and the variety of locations. I liked what they did with the spires and with mega evolution, and I thought what they did with the graphics was just right. I feel they've compromised the size of the world in order to boost the graphics now, which was something gen 6 managed to avoid.

Years
  • tbh yarn noticed the hate ever since the game came out. really sad, gen 6 was a huge step forwards in terms of new features

It's true. While these games did have great features, it unfortunately came at the cost of an underdeveloped character lineup and a region that had unresolved issues.

Back