• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Replaying Pokemon

Years
  • I bought a DS Lite just so I could re-play the Pokemon storyline and timeline in order, substituting the originals with their respective remakes. But in what order should I play them in? The timeline order? or by their release dates?

Any thoughts? What would be the coolest way to re-play the series including the remakes?

pkmin3033

Whatever order you feel like, I think! There are lots of different ways to play the games, and I think the best way is to just ask yourself which one you feel like playing the most at the moment.

Personally, I would play them by order of release...going from a 3DS title to a DS title can be a little jarring, because it shows just how painfully slow and outdated the interface for the DS titles is now; it can really put you off when you don't have access to certain features. The older titles are slow, and they feel even slower if you play the 3DS games first.

Also, don't substitute R/S with ORAS, play Emerald instead, it's still the best version of the Hoenn titles, as it's a more complete experience. Trust me, you will lose nothing by doing this.

Years
  • Personally, I'd play them in order of release, the whole timeline has become a bit messed up with the whole ORAS thing.

Years
  • Personally, I'd play them in order of release, the whole timeline has become a bit messed up with the whole ORAS thing.
    I haven't finished playing ORAS but from what I understood, ORAS is set during the same timeline as RSE but is set in an alternate universe? Nothing changes along the time line. So I was thinking of playing them all in order of events.

Whatever order you feel like, I think! There are lots of different ways to play the games, and I think the best way is to just ask yourself which one you feel like playing the most at the moment.

Personally, I would play them by order of release...going from a 3DS title to a DS title can be a little jarring, because it shows just how painfully slow and outdated the interface for the DS titles is now; it can really put you off when you don't have access to certain features. The older titles are slow, and they feel even slower if you play the 3DS games first.

Also, don't substitute R/S with ORAS, play Emerald instead, it's still the best version of the Hoenn titles, as it's a more complete experience. Trust me, you will lose nothing by doing this.
    The fact that the games are outdated doesn't really bother me much. I'm just really looking forward to transferring my legit Pokemon up to the newer generations. I haven't played a whole lot of the 3DS titles to be honest, which is why I want to do this to eventually catch up. Am I missing anything by choosing to play Emerald over R/S as far as the plot goes or is it exactly the same plot? Like I said I am trying to do a play through in order of events.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Am I missing anything by choosing to play Emerald over R/S as far as the plot goes or is it exactly the same plot? Like I said I am trying to do a play through in order of events.

You face a different champion and 8th gym leader and the legendary pokemon battle plays out a little bit more differently. You face off against both team Aqua and Magma instead of one or the other. So there's some noticeable differences yes.

Back