• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Mystery Dungeon and Main Series: What They Can Learn From Each Other

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
oooo i'm so glad to see this being a thing. in my opinion, i definitely prefer mystery dungeon over the main series, mainly because i felt it always had such a compelling story to me, more than the main series ever did. the mystery dungeon stories have always made me cry and sob and..yeah. i just felt more of a connection to the characters in mystery dungeon (with the exception of sun/moon, they did a very good job of characterization this time around and really had good plot twists and made me feel for all the characters).

i really hope that when they make a new mystery dungeon game (which i'm pretty sure they will, they're pretty popular), they make an awesome story again. i also hope that when nintendo makes a new main series game, they make it have a good story like sun/moon.

yeah.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i feel embarrassed that i somehow missed you guys talking about this series in the daily staff chat. this is such a cool idea! looking forward to more c:

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I can honestly say I've never played a Mystery Dungeon game before. Something about playing as a Pok?mon doesn't interest me at all. I've always loved the main series games. The only spinoffs I've ever played are the Pok?mon Ranger games, and even then, it was never quite like playing the actual main games for me.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
I can honestly say I've never played a Mystery Dungeon game before. Something about playing as a Pok?mon doesn't interest me at all. I've always loved the main series games. The only spinoffs I've ever played are the Pok?mon Ranger games, and even then, it was never quite like playing the actual main games for me.

I get that. Chunsoft does make an effort to differentiate its product from the main series games, so it should be noted that Mystery Dungeon isn't trying to be like the main series games. If the main series franchise is your favorite jam, then you likely won't be into a spinoff like this. But hey, there's nothing wrong with that!

pkmin3033

What the main series can learn: how to be good again.
What the MD series can learn: what not to do in the future.

Basically.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 16, 2017
As a long standing Mystery Dungeon fan I got to say the quality of their content in the 3DS games has suffered despite the upgrade to graphics. Main series with their last game did pretty good.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Woah, I did not expect an article about Mystery Dungeons! It's one of my favourite series. Great Article my friend :)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Tbqh, I enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon series more than any Main Series Games. I think the storylines were better, better gameplay (compared to Main Series games of the same Gen), you really feel connected to the story more & you got to play a Pokemon.

Pika Pika :chu:

Back