• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    This is stupidly good. I've never seen anything like it, it's fair, it's fun, and I get to be Brenden Blue. The only complaint I can think of is the bike looking weird when your the Kanto protags and some minor visual glitches.

Can you find legendries in the safari zone.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    very fun game, though it seems like unburden doesn't work..? i like to use unburden + normal gem + fake out hitmonlee, but unburden didn't go off when the normal gem was consumed. i then gave it a muscle band to try to use it as if it didn't have unburden, and getting hit with knock off didn't trigger unburden either. the only other thing i can think of is that maybe it erroneously only goes off when a berry is eaten, but i didn't test that...

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2022
    Beat the original, loads of fun and i may or may not have abused legendaries bc i set the difficulty too high for myself :)

Amazing game, beautiful sense of progress and a clean way to reward players for doing better each time. Because of the bonus content after you beat the game, I'm going to play the extended version despite having no clue what anything is outside of gen 5/6.

Thank you for this game, I look forward to playing many more hours of it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2022
    I started with a Happiny but couldn't find any way to get an oval stone in the hub to evolve it. Is their one available and I missed it? I do have the travelling merchants available, I just didn't see it in their inventory.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Edit: I was wrong. For some reason it was just that exact instance and it's never happened again. Just wanna say I've grown tired of a ton of rom hacks but this one has completely brought me back into it so thanks for making such a cool idea.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I downloaded the Rom, but I need to run it through an application what application should I download.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I started with a Happiny but couldn't find any way to get an oval stone in the hub to evolve it. Is their one available and I missed it? I do have the travelling merchants available, I just didn't see it in their inventory.

The Oval Stone is sold by the upper merchant.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I downloaded the Rom, but I need to run it through an application what application should I download.

You downloaded the .zip from the forum with the two .ups files in it, right? Now you need a vanilla pokemon emerald rom and some program to apply the ups patch to it. I used NUPS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    This is a super fun ROM, but I think I got softlocked.

I'm in Emeralds Victory Road (I don't remember the exact route name, but it was either Calm or Average difficulty), and I can't escape. There doesn't appear to be an exit anywhere I can access, and the places I can't access are blocked by Rock Smash rocks. Which is a shame, because I was really liking this run but it's the second one to be cut short. (My first run crashed, and I even had a Rayquaza in my party ;w; )

Edit: I forgot to mention that I don't have a Rock Smash TM yet, and I don't think any of the Pokemon I can catch learn Rock Smash via level (Dratini, Spheal, Sudowudo, Rhyhorn, Geodude, Lileep)

Edit 2 (Wow that was fast): I ESCAPED! God I hate Victory Road now though. I wish there was some indicator that I was going the right way, and that I wasn't in a softlock. Maybe a trainer?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Honestly an amazing romhack and incredibly fun -- however, I unfortunately encountered a bug ~3.5 hours into a run, where my Cacturne died (reducing its HP to 0), and THEN its sticky barb kicked in, affecting its health. At that point the entire game froze even though the music was still playing, and all I could do was reset the emulator. At that point, the game thought I lost during my FIRST save, and I lost several hours of progress -- including two legendary encounters, and a shiny.

This romhack is incredibly fun, I'm just not sure I'll play again as having that experience invalidate all the time I spent on my Sunday night was pretty frustrating and it's hard to know if something similar will happen again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    I just completed my first run and I FREAKING LOVE IT! This is the best Pokemon Game i played since idk ORAS.
    Thanks for the Hack and ill hope theres more comming :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Thanks for your work in this game, it's pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to a lot of fun and updates! Just don't get burnt out with all of this sudden attention and critique, I'm thinking it will get a lot. Hard to find unique ideas for new pokemon emerald hacks these days.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2022
    Amazing hack, I've been playing non-stop all day and half of yesterday. It feels fresh every time, even if everyone and their mother uses life orb. The only thing I can say I really miss are previous run stats, but it does say they are coming, so I've got no complaints. I love the luck event, it can really spice things up. And the lack of grinding just makes it a breeze. I'm really thankful, I hope you keep working on it, but even if you don't, this is the most fun I've had with a hack in more than a year, easily.

Also, do you plan on translating it to Spanish? I can help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    i downloaded the ex file and i patched it but when i try to launch the rom on vba it just shows a white screen did this occur with anyone else or can anyone help

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2022
    Awesome unique hack. I had a great time playing. I would recommend others to try it out of you are looking for something new.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Pokemon Emerald Rogue V1.2.1 - The Questing Update

Ever wondered what Pokemon might look like as a Roguelike?
    Pokemon Emerald Rogue is my take on it!

How does it work?
    When you go on an adventure all routes, encounters and items will be procedurally chosen based on your progress into a run
    After a certain number of routes you will encounter a random gym leader who will have a procedurally chosen team of their assigned type; as you progress further into a run gym leaders and other trainers will start using more difficult setups for their pokemon.
    If you can make it all the way to the champion and defeat them, then you will have completed the run!

Once you complete or wipe out of a run you will go back to a hub area where you can buy permanent items and catch new "starter" Pokemon to use in the next run
    As you progress further into the run, you will unlock more buildings/NPCs in this hub area to use for preparing the next run

How long does a run take?
    It can vary based on how thorough you are being, but in my testing a complete run usually takes between 3-4 hours of in game time.
    The is a quick save options (REST in the menu) which lets you put the game down mid run and return however be warned this does not allow save scumming

📽 Videos
    Spoiler:

📷 Photos
    Spoiler:

✨ Features
    For the latest features/patch-nodes, always refer to the Discord #patch-notes channel!

Spoiler:

💾 Download
    Latest: PokemonEmeraldRogue_V1.2.1
    For info on how to apply patches search on Youtube or follow steps here https://www.pokemoncoders.com/apply-ips-ups-patch-play-rom-hack/

📰 Versions
    Expanded (EX)
    This is the recommended version
    This version contains modern improvements e.g. new battle items, abilities, fairy type, physical/special split etc.
    (This is based on RH-Hideout's Emerald Expansion *Many thanks to all involved ❤)

Vanilla
    Just standard Pokemon Emerald battle mechanics with no changes other than those mentioned in Subtle Changes from base game

💬 Discord
    For notifications on new releases as well as a good place to bug report and request features join the Discord!
    https://discord.gg/XGyB9gTb8E

Is it still possible to find cought legendaries in the safari zone?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    When I try patching it via Rom Patcher JS it says "Source ROM checksum mismatch" and the produced rom does not work, what version of Emerald do I need?

Back