• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Love this game! I had a lot of fun with it!
    I just want to share the sticker I made for this game based on the Japanese design. Probably gonna do an English one soon.

Sticker small.jpg20240409_172621.jpg

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Pokemon Emerald Rogue V1.3.2 - The Regional Update

Ever wondered what Pokemon might look like as a Roguelike?
    Pokemon Emerald Rogue is my take on it!

How does it work?
    When you go on an adventure all routes, encounters and items will be procedurally chosen based on your progress into a run
    After a certain number of routes you will encounter a random gym leader who will have a procedurally chosen team of their assigned type; as you progress further into a run gym leaders and other trainers will start using more difficult setups for their pokemon.
    If you can make it all the way to the champion and defeat them, then you will have completed the run!

Once you complete or wipe out of a run you will go back to a hub area where you can buy permanent items and catch new "starter" Pokemon to use in the next run
    As you progress further into the run, you will unlock more buildings/NPCs in this hub area to use for preparing the next run

How long does a run take?
    It can vary based on how thorough you are being, but in my testing a complete run usually takes between 3-4 hours of in game time.
    The is a quick save options (REST in the menu) which lets you put the game down mid run and return however be warned this does not allow save scumming

📽 Videos
    Spoiler:

📷 Photos
    Spoiler:

✨ Features
    For the latest features/patch-nodes, always refer to the Discord #patch-notes channel!

Spoiler:

💾 Download
    Latest: PokemonEmeraldRogue v1.3.2
    For info on how to apply patches search on Youtube or follow steps here https://www.pokemoncoders.com/apply-ips-ups-patch-play-rom-hack/
    If you have any issue with patching, please check the FAQ channel on the Discord server linked below

📰 Versions
    Expanded (EX)
    This is the recommended version
    This version contains modern improvements e.g. new battle items, abilities, fairy type, physical/special split etc.
    (This is based on RH-Hideout's Emerald Expansion *Many thanks to all involved ❤)

Vanilla
    Just standard Pokemon Emerald battle mechanics with no changes other than those mentioned in Subtle Changes from base game

💬 Discord
    For notifications on new releases as well as a good place to bug report and request features join the Discord!
    https://discord.gg/XGyB9gTb8E
    Hey, just wanted to report a bug, and I may know what caused it, but it lost me a run when it happened. It may be a very specific scenario, but still. Basically, here's what happened. I was using a tyranitar with leftovers to roar and stealth rock chip for a funny bit, and it was Liza on 8th badge. She sent in her Espeon, and when I used roar, it magic bounced it back, and forced in my arcanine, with intimidate. What I think caused my game to crash was the stealth rock, psychic terrain, and sandstorm needing a lot of processing information, then magic bounce trying to activate 2 times in one turn to then just cause things to break. I'm not sure, but that might be the case, if not it might just be the magic bounce activating 2 times in one turn, please look into this so that others who are doing a bit don't end up like me. I'm realy sad because I had 2 tyranitar, a mewtwo, a slobrow, and just spent like 10000 to get a cheesy breloom with bright powder, spore, and leech seed. Please fix the bug in the next patch

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hey, just wanted to report a bug, and I may know what caused it, but it lost me a run when it happened. It may be a very specific scenario, but still. Basically, here's what happened. I was using a tyranitar with leftovers to roar and stealth rock chip for a funny bit, and it was Liza on 8th badge. She sent in her Espeon, and when I used roar, it magic bounced it back, and forced in my arcanine, with intimidate. What I think caused my game to crash was the stealth rock, psychic terrain, and sandstorm needing a lot of processing information, then magic bounce trying to activate 2 times in one turn to then just cause things to break. I'm not sure, but that might be the case, if not it might just be the magic bounce activating 2 times in one turn, please look into this so that others who are doing a bit don't end up like me. I'm realy sad because I had 2 tyranitar, a mewtwo, a slobrow, and just spent like 10000 to get a cheesy breloom with bright powder, spore, and leech seed. Please fix the bug in the next patch
    Actually, slight correction, I think what caused it to crash is that it didn't activate 2 times in one turn. I'm looking at the textbox because my game is frozen, and it says that intimidate did work properly, when it shouldn't. It has the normal text box of "intimidate cuts (pokemon)'s attack"

Days
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I was just wondering if there was any tips or tricks to shiny hunting on an adventure?
    I feel like I'm getting a lot less encounters then most and was just curious if I'm maybe doing something wrong. I'm using the delta emulator and I typically play in the fast forward mode. Overall tho I absolutely love the game, it's quickly become my favorite game.

Back