• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon White Potential Team

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    Is my team good enough to defeat E4, Ghetis and N:

1. Samurott @ Mystic Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Hasty
    - Surf
    - Encore
    - Aqua Tail
    - Megahorn

2. Mienshao @ ---
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Adamant
    - U-turn
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Acrobatics
    - Fake Out

3. Haxorus @ Dragon Fang
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Nature: Jolly
    - Brick Break
    - Dragon Claw ( Outrage takes too much training time )
    - Sword Dance
    - Dig ( since I haven't get Earthquake yet )

4. Chandelure @ Spell tag
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Modest
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Flame Burst ( since I can't get Flamethrower )
    - Hex
    - Grass Knot ( deal with Water type )

5. Sigilyph @ ???
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Modest
    - Thunder Wave
    - Psychic
    - Air Slash
    - Fly

6. Eelektross @ ???
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Naive
    - Crunch
    - Grass Knot
    - Thunderbolt
    - Acid Spray
    Please rate my team and if you don't mind, please answer these:
    1. Should I remove Thunder Wave and add Hypnosis for SIGILYPH ?
    2. Is Encore a good movesfor SAMUROTT ?
    3. For CHANDELURE, which is better, Hex or Shadow ball ?
    4. Is Will-o-wisp still a good move without Hex ( CHANDELURE ) ?
    5. Should EELEKTROSS learn Thunder Wave instead of Flash ( I think Flash is only useful caves, not in battles)
    6. Should I give item for MIENSHAO and replace Acrobatics with Aerial Ace ? What item should be given ?

Please help me. Any advice would be great. Really thank you.
    P/s: I'm seeing Reshiam in the Dragon Spiral Tower at the moment.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    1: Thunder Wave is much more accurate than Hypnosis, but if you really want Hypnosis, I'm not stopping you.
    2: Not really. Slash is a Normal type move, so it won't do you many favors.
    3: Shadow Ball. However, I'd remove Solarbeam if I were you. Without sun, this move takes up two turns, so you'll just waste a turn. It doesn't help that Chandelure is frail.
    4: Yes. With Will-o-Wisp, you can cripple any physical attacker that isn't a Fire type.
    5: You already have Thunderbolt. Why don't you go with Acrobatics or Grass Knot?
    6: Nope, Acrobatics is good enough. If you want to replace it, you should replace it with Rock Slide.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    1: Thunder Wave is much more accurate than Hypnosis, but if you really want Hypnosis, I'm not stopping you.
    2: Not really. Slash is a Normal type move, so it won't do you many favors.
    3: Shadow Ball. However, I'd remove Solarbeam if I were you. Without sun, this move takes up two turns, so you'll just waste a turn. It doesn't help that Chandelure is frail.
    4: Yes. With Will-o-Wisp, you can cripple any physical attacker that isn't a Fire type.
    5: You already have Thunderbolt. Why don't you go with Acrobatics or Grass Knot?
    6: Nope, Acrobatics is good enough. If you want to replace it, you should replace it with Rock Slide.
    Thank you. I will teach Mienshao Rock Slide. But which move should replace Slash for Samurott.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    You were thinking of Aqua Tail, right? You could also buy Blizzard at the Pokemon Center in Icirrus City, and teach that instead of Slash or Encore.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As for your Eelektross, I think it'd be better if thought this Pokémon Coil Up instead (or something along the lines; forgot what it was called). You'll be able to raise your Attack and Accuracy, I believe, so after one use, you're guaranteed to take down pretty much everybody, and chances of you missing any hits would drastically be lowered. Chandelure--you should probably have it learn Shadow Ball.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    As for your Eelektross, I think it'd be better if thought this Pokémon Coil Up instead (or something along the lines; forgot what it was called). You'll be able to raise your Attack and Accuracy, I believe, so after one use, you're guaranteed to take down pretty much everybody, and chances of you missing any hits would drastically be lowered. Chandelure--you should probably have it learn Shadow Ball.
    i think i'm going with Special Set, so Coil may not be that useful:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    i think i'm going with Special Set, so Coil may not be that useful:

It's completely up to you! If do go with it, though, then I'd recommend replacing Thunderbolt with Thunder Punch. Since latter is physical, you'd be able to take better advantage of all boosts you get from Coil.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    It's completely up to you! If do go with it, though, then I'd recommend replacing Thunderbolt with Thunder Punch. Since latter is physical, you'd be able to take better advantage of all boosts you get from Coil.
    well, after reading forums, i have decided to go like this:
    1. Thunderbolt ( of course, he is a Eletric pokemon )
    2. Grass Knot ( deal with Ground type pokemons that he isn't able to hit )
    3. Acid Spray ( lowering defense maybe equals to increasing Attack )
    4. Crunch ( because i don't have any good dark move except this one)
    Anyway, please tell me where is the move tutor for thunder punch in pokemon white.

Back