• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen How to catch mew (im serious! i tried this and it worked!)

Firequill

Digital Artist
Years
  • dont disbelieve me! its true! check this out:

catch mew

I've tried this... i was playing for about five hours straight hoping it would work and it did :D

i also had to erase my yellow version to do this, but i safely stroed away all my pokemon on stadium 2

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • is this tru? what if u have already faught those guys? i have mew (from promos) but this is intresting. can someone try this out? ahh, the random number generator at the works...

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    It is real. The first working non-GameShark Mew cheat. I tried it on my Yellow version, and it worked.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Chimou said:
    It is real. The first working non-GameShark Mew cheat. I tried it on my Yellow version, and it worked.

Yep there right its the only way to get mew without the game shark, it will appear at lvl. 7 and is fairly easy to catch. Although if your really far in the game its really not worth restarting for.

Hope that helps
    =)

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • I once had a mew. It knew cut, surf and fly.... ?.?;;; and the other was somthing crap like... i dunno. Scratch.

I got it by cloning it off my cousin. (if you dont know about cloning ask... ill tell you how.) It was weird... somtimes it looekd like that mew, and other times it looked like the other sprite. Odd... Dunno where it originally came from. I've gotta try this on my red version! (which i use for crap like this...)

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • because some people might be a little curious about why this glitch occurs, im here to cure your curiousity. the game uses a random number generator, in which you use it to get into certain battles. there couuld very well be a glitch like this for eveery pokemon. apparently, in an earlier version of the game (obviously pre-release), they used the rng as a "backup" to get any pokemon, and never erased it from the games database (because if they do that pokemon wont exist). i would say that there is something like this for every single pokemon. snorlax's and pidgey's are identical to missingno's. for more "in-depth" info pm me.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    The site pretty much explains all of that already. I'm still not sure how anyone would be able to figure something like this out.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • If ya modify the trick alittle, you do get a completely diffrent Pok?mon. Just talk to my level 7 Hitmonlee I got from the glitch. ^_^

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • Sleek said:
    because some people might be a little curious about why this glitch occurs, im here to cure your curiousity. the game uses a random number generator, in which you use it to get into certain battles. there couuld very well be a glitch like this for eveery pokemon. apparently, in an earlier version of the game (obviously pre-release), they used the rng as a "backup" to get any pokemon, and never erased it from the games database (because if they do that pokemon wont exist). i would say that there is something like this for every single pokemon. snorlax's and pidgey's are identical to missingno's. for more "in-depth" info pm me.

So hang on. Mew must have been put into the game and surly there is a non-slitch way of catching it then? Or there was going to be, originally? Ok i'm confused...

And what is missingno??? Surly that was created too...!? it cant have made itself!?

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    How do u catch Mew? O_o; It'd be nice to have him, I guess..

Maybe my bro will like Mew.. He's a fan of psychics hmm..

*gets stoned and killed by Mew*

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Click on the link Firequill posted pn the first post in this thread

The links says " catch mew"

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • i will answer your question, hajime. no, there is no non-glitch way of catchin mew. but, because there is a mew file in the game (since you can get him other ways) he still has a backup file (the rng). all pokemon have this. with missigno, even i am confused. i dont fully understand, but i will say what i do. missingno is in a way, responsible for itself. the missingno file is "lost" beta files (files from pre-released versions of the game). i believe that as versions progressed, files fused, and became missingo. when the producers encountered this glitch (most likely near the release date), they had to get rid of it fast. to make sure that you could not randomly encounter missingno, they set up the files backup file (rng) to be its primary file. im still not sure though...

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    I know an easier way to catch him though (same cheat but different trainer and stuff) click here

Hold Ctrl+F on the keyboard and search for Yami Chu and you'll find it.HORN!!!

Back